Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Jets Are Getting Blown Out Of The Wildcard On Sunday And That's Okay" Thread

JetsInsider.com Legend

The "Jets Are Getting Blown Out Of The Wildcard On Sunday And That's Okay" Thread

Expectations. Keep them under control. The NY press rhetoric is starting already; don't let them do it to you.

What you're going to hear on TV and in the papers all week is this:

"The Jets are 6-2 since their bye week and have won 3 in a row, including 2 on the road!"

What you should hear is this:

"The Jets are 5-1 since their loss to Chicago, having beaten every last place team in the NFL thanks to the schedule-maker."

We've had a great season and one that we should be very proud of on many levels. We've found a quality coach, we have quality youngsters at key positions, and we've gained valuable in-game experience in playoff-pressure situations. 2006 was extremely enjoyable and entertaining, and it's going to be a fun offseason for us.

Root hard this Sunday, but no crying at 4:35 allowed. We deserved a 10 win season, but we don't belong in the playoffs. Take these off for a moment and consider the situation.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-01-2007 at 10:56 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    YES!!!!

These threads from SAR always guarantee a win!!!!

If we would have lost that game in New England, I'd agree..

But, the Jets went up to New England and beat them in their house this season, there's no reason to think we couldn't do it again.

Banned

what is wrong with you???

wait...
    no....

you're not a jetfan.....

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Expectations. Keep them under control. The NY press rhetoric is starting already; don't let them do it to you.

"The Jets are 6-2 since their bye week and have won 3 in a row, including 2 on the road!"

"The Jets are 5-1 since their loss to Chicago, having beaten every last place team in the NFL thanks to the schedule-maker."

We've had a great season and one that we should be very proud of on many levels. We've found a quality coach, we have quality youngsters at key positions, and we've gained valuable in-game experience in playoff-pressure situations. 2006 was extremely enjoyable and entertaining, and it's going to be a fun offseason for us.

Root hard this Sunday, but no crying at 4:35 allowed. We deserved a 10 win season, but we don't belong in the playoffs.

SAR I
    You suck. Why post this crap today? Why not let us enjoy this a little more? Why not wait untill Thursday or something? Talk about taking the wind out of the sail.

Come on SAR. Have some faith. This is the exact attitude that has lingered around the Green and White for years. How about some positive thinking. I know you have it in you. You were predicting a division title preseason.

This team is going to throw in the towel like you (thank god). Its talk like this that is going to motivate this team to a win.

Booooo this man.

Be prepared SAR for the posts from folks that don't know you. You are going to get jumped in the cyber parking lot this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet in Florida
    You suck. Why post this crap today? Why not let us enjoy this a little more? Why not wait untill Thursday or something? Talk about taking the wind out of the sail.

Come on SAR. Have some faith. This is the exact attitude that has lingered around the Green and White for years. How about some positive thinking. I know you have it in you. You were predicting a division title preseason.

This team is going to throw in the towel like you (thank god). Its talk like this that is going to motivate this team to a win.

Booooo this man.
    Ok so it will also come from people who may know you as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jets4ever51

what is wrong with you???

wait...
    no....

you're not a jetfan.....
    When you're ready to take these off and see the reality of the situation, let me know and we'll talk.

SAR I

You people are insane, literally insane. SAR practically has a phd in the art of the reverse jinx.

Let him work his magic.

Jets Insider VIP

Root hard this Sunday, but no crying at 4:35 allowed. We deserved a 10 win season, but we don't belong in the playoffs.

SAR I
    Oh, so I guess your man Herm, with the 9-7 record and 3 teams losing to let the Chiefs in, belongs in the playoffs.

What the heck is wrong with you SAR? You predicted that Miami would blow out the Jets. You were wrong. You also predicted a loss to the Vikes and were wrong again. Is there an agenda here?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    You people are insane, literally insane. SAR practically has a phd in the art of the reverse jinx.

Let him work his magic.
    My thinking as well

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Let him work his magic.
    I just read your post after looking at mine and thought, yeah, you could be right.

Except for one thing: SAR predicted that the Jets would be 10-6 and win the division title. Thus, if the reverse jinx was in place, SAR must have been rooting for a 6-10 season. The reverse jinx does not pick and chose its applicability.

Banned

Talk about reality.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Talk about reality.
    The Pats had the same schedule as the Jets with the exception of two games, the Broncos and Bengals.

Guess what those two teams have in common? Their not in the playoffs.

So if you wanna bullsh*t about how the Jets have such an easy schedule, step back and look at the Pats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Oh, so I guess your man Herm, with the 9-7 record and 3 teams losing to let the Chiefs in, belongs in the playoffs.

What the heck is wrong with you SAR? You predicted that Miami would blow out the Jets. You were wrong. You also predicted a loss to the Vikes and were wrong again. Is there an agenda here?
    The Chiefs have more talent than the Jets. Their lame HC brought them down to a 9-7 level and the typical backdoor.

The Jets have less talent than the Chiefs. Their great rookie HC brought them up to an incredible 10-6 level and an overachieving front door.

The Chiefs are a legitimate playoff team. The Jets are not. The Chiefs have no future. The Jets future is limitless. We're in a far better position in 2008 and beyond.

Take these off; will make you feel better on Sunday.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    My thinking as well
    count me in as number 3 thanks Sar we are winning now your almost posts are a GOLD LOCK........

I just read your post after looking at mine and thought, yeah, you could be right.

Except for one thing: SAR predicted that the Jets would be 10-6 and win the division title. Thus, if the reverse jinx was in place, SAR must have been rooting for a 6-10 season. The reverse jinx does not pick and chose its applicability.

shhhhhh Your going to burst SARs bubble. There really is nothing to his reverse jinx posts but he is a short bald guy who needs to think hes got the power to influence things.

Ahh, this is true, however that was a preseason prediction. There's got to be some sort of statute of limitations on reverse jinxes, especially from the preseason to the last game of the regular season.

I'd say mojo works differently in December, every week SAR has gone against the Jets in order to prepare us for doom after being optimistic in the preseason, the only explanation for this is a sincere effort to institute the ever so popular reverse jinx.

By the way, this stategy totally works. Before the Texas Bowl, I begged Moga to predict a Kansas St win, he finally gave in, and lo and behold, Rutgers blows them out. Moga is Mr. Opposite, it never fails.

SAR, you're no fool, you know the opposite of what you've been saying has been happening. Keep working that magic.

better chance against the pats than the secondary without dyson against manning, harrison, and wayne

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

The JET players have gotten no respect this year ,they spent 3/4 of this season listening to how great the stinking giants were & how bad the jets were Mangini always believed if the players brought into his system the team coould be successfull ,now the team will rally for Eric & give him the ultimate thankyou gift for believeing in them a win over belicheck & send bill home for the season...