Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Thread: How can anyone favor the Jets?

  1. #1

    How can anyone favor the Jets?

    It's the NFL, so anything can happen but the Pats have:

    - better coach
    - much better QB
    - better defense
    - better running backs
    - more experience
    - and are playing at home


    So, what gives?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,402
    We got more heart

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Passaic Park,*holy ground*
    Posts
    1,989
    We got Cox...

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,584
    Quote Originally Posted by jetspride
    We got Cox...
    Now that may interest Brady!!

  5. #5
    how can you say that they have a better coach?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It's the NFL, so anything can happen but the Pats have:

    - better coach
    - much better QB
    - better defense
    - better running backs
    - more experience
    - and are playing at home


    So, what gives?
    care to explain how we won the there the first time this year with all these disadvantages?

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,317
    Agree. We should just cancel the game since we know already what the outcome will be

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan
    how can you say that they have a better coach?
    Oh please. Do we have a better QB, too?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It's the NFL, so anything can happen but the Pats have:

    - better coach
    - much better QB
    - better defense
    - better running backs
    - more experience
    - and are playing at home


    So, what gives?
    I'm confused. The Pats are 8-9 point favorites. Jets fans think the Jets will win, because we are homers... but I'm not sure what you are asking...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Agree. We should just cancel the game since we know already what the outcome will be
    "It's the NFL, so anything can happen..."

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    care to explain how we won the there the first time this year with all these disadvantages?
    The playoffs are an entirely different beast, my friend.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Port Washington, NY
    Posts
    290
    Are you just a pessimist or are you really a closet Patriots Fan?

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Oh please. Do we have a better QB, too?

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WARREN,R.I.
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    Now that may interest Brady!!
    BINGO!

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,278
    That's it I've lost all hope!!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPort
    Are you just a pessimist or are you really a closet Patriots Fan?
    Just a realist. I want them to win as much as you do, but you can't say with a straight face that they are favored to win.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It's the NFL, so anything can happen but the Pats have:

    - better coach
    - much better QB
    - better defense
    - better running backs
    - more experience
    - and are playing at home


    So, what gives?
    Here's as stat for you......

    The Jets' defense yielded the fewest points (102) in the league over the final eight games. During the regular season, New York's D allowed the fewest plays of 20 yards or longer (17).

    That's a pretty good damn stat for our D...and we all know by now that D wins championships.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    care to explain how we won the there the first time this year with all these disadvantages?
    Sure... Sloppy field evens things out.

    Jets have 2 weeks to prepare.

    Pats played an all around bad game.

    Jets only won by 3 points....

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    East Windsor NJ, Brooklyn born & raised
    Posts
    4,979
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It's the NFL, so anything can happen but the Pats have:

    - better coach
    - much better QB
    - better defense
    - better running backs
    - more experience
    - and are playing at home


    So, what gives?
    The odds makers are not favoring the Jets.
    Us 'homers' of course favor the Jets, because we are HOMERS...and we have to believe that on any given Sunday the Jets can win. We know the Patriots have the Jets beat in some areas, they had them beat in those areas a few months ago too.....and the Jets won in Foxborough back then, didn't they? What, they can't win again? Bull...

    And you know what....IMO the Jets are a better team today than they were the last time the two teams met...Why do I say that? Because they learned how to execute the game plan better....Is this the same defense that let Indy drive down the field in the last 2 minutes to beat us? It's the same guys, but not the same defense.....they got better....they figured things out....

    I predict a WIN (of course). Now is the time for the Jets to make a statement to the NFL and the AFC...we're baaaaack.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead
    The odds makers are not favoring the Jets.
    Us 'homers' of course favor the Jets, because we are HOMERS...and we have to believe that on any given Sunday the Jets can win. We know the Patriots have the Jets beat in some areas, they had them beat in those areas a few months ago too.....and the Jets won in Foxborough back then, didn't they? What, they can't win again? Bull...

    And you know what....IMO the Jets are a better team today than they were the last time the two teams met...Why do I say that? Because they learned how to execute the game plan better....Is this the same defense that let Indy drive down the field in the last 2 minutes to beat us? It's the same guys, but not the same defense.....they got better....they figured things out....

    I predict a WIN (of course). Now is the time for the Jets to make a statement to the NFL and the AFC...we're baaaaack.
    I don't type a lot, so you guys have got to read what I say very carefully.

    It's the NFL, so anything can happen

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us