Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Americans See Gloom, Doom in 2007

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Poll: Americans See Gloom, Doom in 2007

interesting..the surrender monkey's are about to take over Capital Hill and what's the first reaction??

[QUOTE][B]Poll: Americans See Gloom, Doom in 2007[/B]

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE
    Associated Press Writer
    December 31, 2006

WASHINGTON Another terrorist attack, a warmer planet, death and destruction from a natural disaster. These are among Americans' grim predictions for the United States in 2007.

Only a minority of people think the U.S. will go to war with Iran or North Korea over those countries' nuclear ambitions. An overwhelming majority of those surveyed think Congress will raise the federal minimum wage. One-third see hope for a cure to cancer.

These are among the findings of an Associated Press-AOL News poll that asked people in the U.S. to contemplate what 2007 holds for the country.

[B]Six in 10 people think the U.S. will be the victim of a terrorist attack. An identical percentage thinks it likely that a biological or nuclear weapon will be unleashed somewhere else in the world.[/B]

Seventy percent of people in the U.S. predict a major natural disaster in the country and an equal percentage expects worsening global warming. Also, 29 percent think it likely that the U.S. will withdraw its troops from Iraq.

Among other predictions for the U.S. in 2007:

_35 percent predict the military draft will be reinstated.

_35 percent predict a cure for cancer will be found.

_25 percent anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ.

_19 percent think scientists are likely to find evidence of extraterrestrial life.

With Democrats poised to take control of Congress this week, eight in 10 people predict lawmakers will raise the $5.15-an-hour federal minimum wage. It would be the first increase since 1997.

Democratic leaders have proposed raising it in stages to $7.25 an hour. President Bush has said he supports the idea, with some protections for small businesses.

Fewer than half the public think it likely the U.S. will go to war with Iran or North Korea. Should it come down to that, 40 percent think the battle will be with Iran while 26 percent said North Korea.

Higher gas prices, legalized gay marriage and the possible arrival of bird flu also are seen as being in the cards.

More than 90 percent of people think higher gas prices are likely. A gallon of self-serve regular gasoline averaged $2.29 last week, compared with $3 over the summer.

Also, 57 percent said it is likely that another state will legalize gay marriage. Same-sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts; four other states offer civil unions or domestic partnerships.

People were split on whether 2007 will bring the U.S. its first bird flu case. More than 150 people worldwide have died from the disease. Health officials fear a pandemic if the virus mutates into a form easily passed from person to person.

Women generally were more likely than men to expect some of the more dire predictions to come true, such as a worldwide terrorist attack and war with Iran or North Korea. Democrats and people under 35 were more likely than Republicans and older people to say global warming will worsen in 2007.

The telephone poll of 1,000 adults was conducted Dec. 12-14 by Ipsos, an international polling firm. The margin of sampling error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

[/QUOTE]

funny- now that the defeatocrats are soon in charge everyone is scared sh!t of another terrorist attack...

watch that wave- it'll turn into suds within seconds...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]interesting..the surrender monkey's are about to take over Capital Hill and what's the first reaction??

funny- now that the defeatocrats are soon in charge everyone is scared sh!t of another terrorist attack...

watch that wave- it'll turn into suds within seconds...[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they are afraid that the failures of this administration over the last 6 years are finally going to catch up to us here at home

Surrender Monkeys? Is that yourown term or more stolen TPs from the NY Post. Theyre not surrender monkeys. They are realits who know an unwinnable war when they see one.

Yeah! Keep trying to turn that tin into gold. One day you will succeed, just as long as you keep trying and believing :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Or maybe they are afraid that the failures of this administration over the last 6 years are finally going to catch up to us here at home

Surrender Monkeys? Is that yourown term or more stolen TPs from the NY Post. Theyre not surrender monkeys. They are realits who know an unwinnable war when they see one.

Yeah! Keep trying to turn that tin into gold. One day you will succeed, just as long as you keep trying and believing :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

hey- it was all a change of attitude right?....

the country was on the wrong course and the surrender monkey's were suppose to right the ship once they got into office.....

I guess American's don't see it that way...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]_25 percent anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading right about here.

What are they, Jets fans? 1,976 or so years since he supposedly died. But THIS IS OUR YEAR!

Lol. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]hey- it was all a change of attitude right?....

the country was on the wrong course and the surrender monkey's were suppose to right the ship once they got into office.....

I guess American's don't see it that way...[/QUOTE]

This administration had an opportunity to be a lot smarter after 911. Instead of securing the nation with sensor technology and implementing a few programs on energy efficiency and renewables, they went to war against an entity that has no militia and one country that had no WMD's

Like that commercial on tv [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][B]"BRILLIANT"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]This administration had an opportunity to be a lot smarter after 911. Instead of securing the nation with sensor technology and implementing a few programs on energy efficiency and renewables, they went to war against an entity that has no militia and one country that had no WMD's

Like that commercial on tv [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][B]"BRILLIANT"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Dawgg, if you believe the U.S. Rail Network can be "secured with sensors", you are patently ignorant on the reality of Railroads and Railroading, period.

I know the industry, and I know of what I speak on this subject.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]This administration had an opportunity to be a lot smarter after 911. Instead of securing the nation with sensor technology and implementing a few programs on energy efficiency and renewables, they went to war against an entity that has no militia and one country that had no WMD's

[/QUOTE]

and even with that more American's are concerned then ever before that the nation will be hit by a terrorist attack with the surrneder monkey's coming to Washington....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]35 percent predict the military draft will be reinstated.

_35 percent predict a cure for cancer will be found.

_25 percent anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ.

_19 percent think scientists are likely to find evidence of extraterrestrial life.[/QUOTE]

What in the [I][B]HELL[/B][/I] is going on with this country?

- Not a chance

- Not a chance

- I don't even think SD99 would believe this

- Yeah, the truth is out there, nerds. Along with your long lost imaginary prom dates.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Dawgg, if you believe the U.S. Rail Network can be "secured with sensors", you are patently ignorant on the reality of Railroads and Railroading, period.

I know the industry, and I know of what I speak on this subject.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I know that we will be better off with that type of technology as we will be able to catch the offenders. Having the proper tools always enables you to do a better job.

You can never 100% stop an attack. Just like you cannot stop a thief. However you do put locks on the car door and windows.

I am very aware of the industry myself.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Dude, I know that we will be better off with that type of technology as we will be able to catch the offenders. Having the proper tools always enables you to do a better job.

You can never 100% stop an attack. Just like you cannot stop a thief. However you do put locks on the car door and windows.

I am very aware of the industry myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Dawgg, if you were in any way truly knowledgeable about the Rail industry, you would not think "Sensors" would be the be-all, end-all answer to security.

I'll make you deal....I won't tell you how it is to be a Marine, if you don't try to tell me about Railroads, eh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]and even with that more American's are concerned then ever before that the nation will be hit by a terrorist attack with the surrneder monkey's coming to Washington....[/QUOTE]

So in other words, we are doomed because this admin neglected to protect the American people?

Ever think of that as being the reason people feel we are under an impending attack? The citizens of the USA deserved a better response than what we we presented by this admin.

This admin failed miserably and the 35-0 pasting in the elections shows it.

It has nothing to do with name calling and all to do with failure of this administration. Think how much better of the USA would be with 5-6 years of renewable energy programs under its belt....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I'm sorry Dawgg, if you were in any way truly knowledgeable about the Rail industry, you would not think "Sensors" would be the be-all, end-all answer to security.

I'll make you deal....I won't tell you how it is to be a Marine, if you don't try to tell me about Railroads, eh?[/QUOTE]

I am talking about knowledge of the sensor industry.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]

It has nothing to do with name calling and all to do with failure of this administration. Think how much better of the USA would be with 5-6 years of renewable energy programs under its belt....[/QUOTE]

You're right, we could use it to cure cancer and find existence of alien life. Don't know about that pesky draft, though.

Do you think Jesus would choose renewable energy programs?

I need to see another poll.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I am talking about knowledge of the sensor industry.[/QUOTE]

Allllllrighty then.......

I won't tell you how it is to be a Sensor-sell'in Marine, if you don't tell me about Railroads, ok? :D :D :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]You're right, we could use it to cure cancer and find existence of alien life. Don't know about that pesky draft, though.

Do you think Jesus would choose renewable energy programs?

I need to see another poll.[/QUOTE]

I for one don't want the draft to return.

Jesus lived in a different time period and another mode of travel was used.

In today's world renewables are a better alternative than the current product set.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]So in other words, we are doomed because this admin neglected to protect the American people? [/QUOTE]

more programed responses....

hey numnutz...how many attacks have their been on American interests ala khobar towers, etc since we took the fight to the islamofacists???

Not protect the American people? why- have terrorist attacks been running rampant??

[QUOTE]Ever think of that as being the reason people feel we are under an impending attack? The citizens of the USA deserved a better response than what we we presented by this admin.

This admin failed miserably and the 35-0 pasting in the elections shows it.[/QUOTE]

it's more the fact that the surrender monkey's have consistently tried to confer American civil rights on terrorists, compared our troops in Gitmo to Nazi's, claimed our soldiers are stupid and cried "terrorists have right too" when we've tried to eavesdrop on their conversations...all along sc^mbag leftist groups like the ACLU try to halt programs to catch terorrists....

[QUOTE]It has nothing to do with name calling and all to do with failure of this administration. Think how much better of the USA would be with 5-6 years of renewable energy programs under its belt....[/QUOTE]

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

as though the previous administration was hard at work on renewable energy programs...the eight years we have under our belt from the fruits of their efforts are proof positive... :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]more programed responses....

hey numnutz...how many attacks have their been on American interests ala khobar towers, etc since we took the fight to the islamofacists???

Not protect the American people? why- have terrorist attacks been running rampant??

it's more the fact that the surrender monkey's have consistently tried to confer American civil rights on terrorists, compared our troops in Gitmo to Nazi's, claimed our soldiers are stupid and cried "terrorists have right too" when we've tried to eavesdrop on their conversations...all along sc^mbag leftist groups like the ACLU try to halt programs to catch terorrists....

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

as though the previous administration was hard at work on renewable energy programs...the eight years we have under our belt from the fruits of their efforts are proof positive... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Let me see, Anthrax attacks, E-Coli......

What is an Islamofacist? More name calling and demonizing vice understanding and intellectual conversation

Those evesdropping programs are un-American. Terrorist do deserve fair trails like everyone else. I may not like them, or agree with their positions, however, they do deserve fair trials.

The talk is about the failures of this admin. The previous admin dealt with other issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Let me see, Anthrax attacks, E-Coli.....[/QUOTE]

anthrax attack?? e-coli?? how programmed are you??

[QUOTE]What is an Islamofacist? More name calling and demonizing vice understanding and intellectual conversation[/QUOTE]

just facing the reality of the enemy we are fighting- unlike youself who foolishly believes we can play paddy-cake with them....

[QUOTE]Those evesdropping programs are un-American. Terrorist do deserve fair trails like everyone else. I may not like them, or agree with their positions, however, they do deserve fair trials.[/QUOTE]

sure; terrorists deserve all the rights Americans have....

[QUOTE]The talk is about the failures of this admin. The previous admin dealt with other issues.[/QUOTE]

the thread is about American's foressing doom and gloom, fearing another terrorist attack now that the surrender monkey's are in charge....

are you ever going to back-up you post on chrissy matthews from another thread??

oh, that's right- you are trying to "close some business" and don't have the time....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]What is an Islamofacist? [/QUOTE]

From Wikipedia:

[B][U]Fascism[/U][/B] is a political ideology and mass movement that seeks to place the nation, defined in exclusive biological, cultural, and/or historical terms, above all other sources of loyalty, and to create a mobilized national community.[1] Many different characteristics are attributed to fascism by different scholars, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, authoritarianism, militarism, corporatism, anti-liberalism, and anti-communism.

Hence, an "Islamofacist" would be someone or a group of someones who use Facist theory (as outlines above), but instead of a Nationalist State, they seek a Theocratic State under Islam.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]From Wikipedia:

[B][U]Fascism[/U][/B] is a political ideology and mass movement that seeks to place the nation, defined in exclusive biological, cultural, and/or historical terms, above all other sources of loyalty, and to create a mobilized national community.[1] Many different characteristics are attributed to fascism by different scholars, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: [B]nationalism, authoritarianism, militarism, corporatism, anti-liberalism, and anti-communism[/B].

Hence, an "Islamofacist" would be someone or a group of someones who use Facist theory (as outlines above), but instead of a Nationalist State, they seek a Theocratic State under Islam.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like what GWB wants. That really disturbs me as I se a lot of that on this board with the name calling like traitor, and Bendict Arnold....

I don't think that the term Islamofascist is a realistic term. 1.2BB folks don't think this way.