Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weather Happens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Here you go again. Your argument is the one without merit. How much have corporations contributed to the US Treasury? Many many times more than the welfare recipients have, thats for sure.

You make no points. You have no argument.[/QUOTE]

Corporations have also in the name of business led to some of the most horrendous breaches of human rights we have seen in centuries.

I think this is a very fine line. I am one who believes in wealth distribution, but I also believe that people need to work, do SOMETHING to be contributing to society. I think we have become to liberal in our views on disability. Someone who is crippled, can't walk, etc...yeah, they can only contribute so much. But someone who has two arms, two legs, both eyes, etc but can't work because of "emotional distress..." This is where the system starts to be bled dry, and quite frankly gets a bad rap.

I'm all for helping out the needy, and quite frankly it should be a priority of everyone's, but I do have a problem with people who EXPECT a handout who do not intend to do nothing in return...for anyone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve]Corporations have also in the name of business led to some of the most horrendous breaches of human rights we have seen in centuries. [/QUOTE]

Whatever...it's all good... the market called for it. Gotta break some eggs to make an omelet :D
    Last edited by finlee17; 01-03-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Here you go again. Your argument is the one without merit. How much have corporations contributed to the US Treasury? Many many times more than the welfare recipients have, thats for sure.

You make no points. You have no argument.[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to take a shot at wellfare reciepents, by you seem to argue that access to the Federal Government should be based on contributions in? I'm assuming you mean taxes paid not payoffs to those in power.

I always thought the concept here was the bright and able will succeed on their own if the Government got out of their way. It seems you are making an argument to use the power of the Federal Government to protect the strongest among us over the weakest among us.

It's one thing for the Federal government to build infrastructure and defend the country and be a fair arbitrator in disputes. It's another thing entirely for it to be used as a lever by the wealthiest and most powerful among us to steal funds or favors because of access or money. That's what a curropt banana republic does and if it does it long enough it will fail regardless of how strong or mighty it once was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve]Corporations have also in the name of business led to some of the most horrendous breaches of human rights we have seen in centuries.

I think this is a very fine line. I am one who believes in wealth distribution, but I also believe that people need to work, do SOMETHING to be contributing to society. I think we have become to liberal in our views on disability. Someone who is crippled, can't walk, etc...yeah, they can only contribute so much. But someone who has two arms, two legs, both eyes, etc but can't work because of "emotional distress..." This is where the system starts to be bled dry, and quite frankly gets a bad rap.

I'm all for helping out the needy, and quite frankly it should be a priority of everyone's, but I do have a problem with people who EXPECT a handout who do not intend to do nothing in return...for anyone.[/QUOTE]
    Your last point is dead-on. Agree 100%

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]For once Bit, I am almost speachless. :eek:

I guess for you, all roads of hate and blame lead directly to George W. Bush and the Republicans, and all others are blameless.

So the Mayor and State Govt. hold no accountabillity then. It's all Bush, and no one but Bush, the end.

Ok. If you say so.[/QUOTE]

the buck stops with the President, not the clown ass mayor of New Orleans or his incontinant pain in the ass governor.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]the buck stops with the President, not the clown ass mayor of New Orleans or his incontinant pain in the ass governor.[/QUOTE]

As I said, whatever you say Bit. I honestly have no idea how to even talk to you in here anymore. We see the world of Politics and Current Events through such different "Independant" eyes, I almost cannot find common ground (except perhaps our mutual distrust of Organized Religion).

In effect, we cannot even agree on even the most minor details on issues. If we cannot find common ground even in that....whats the point really? I tried. You tried. Neither of us budged a millimeter. We both think we're right.

So if you think Bush is completely responsable for Katrina, so be it. I disagree, obviously, but we'll just have to call it at that....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dare you to find statement where i said "bush is totally responsible for katrina"

stop putting words in my mouth, it's getting tiresome

he did a s--t job both before and after the fact, but he was not responsible for a category 5 hurricane.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane center chief issues final warning

MIAMI Frustrated with people and politicians who refuse to listen or learn, National Hurricane Center Director Max Mayfield ends his 34-year government career today in search of a new platform for getting out his unwelcome message: Hurricane Katrina was nothing compared with the big one yet to come.

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-hurricane3jan03%2C0%2C3484162.story?track=mostviewed-homepage[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]it's getting tiresome[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. :zzz: