Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hussein Obama- First a Junkie then a baby killer

TMahoney
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Lol at completely unsupported generalizations.

Few people YOU have run into have been driven individuals. I happen to know quite a few very driven (and very wealthy/professional/succussful) people that either have, or still do, smoke up.
    [/QUOTE]

Are we talking people who smoke up on a daily or weekly basis or are we talking those people who toke every now and again.

And I'm not talking about people who "have smoked in the past". I'm talking about people who smoke regularly. Just like those who drink regularly. I'm talking about 4 days a week. Like many of us who drink each night from Thursday - Saturday and Sunday during the games.

[QUOTE=CarlSpackler]Are we talking people who smoke up on a daily or weekly basis or are we talking those people who toke every now and again.

And I'm not talking about people who "have smoked in the past". I'm talking about people who smoke regularly. Just like those who drink regularly. I'm talking about 4 days a week. Like many of us who drink each night from Thursday - Saturday and Sunday during the games.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea who or what you were referencing with your generalization.

But I personally have known people who smoked daily, and were exceedingly prosperous, motivated and wealthy. I admit, I knew many lazy unmotivated burnouts too, but they were lazy unmotivated burnouts BEFORE they started smoking, in most cases.

Point being, the choice and the freedom to make that choice should be MINE, not yours to make for me, and not the Govt.'s to make for me. The choice to become a lazy unmotivated wretch is mine to make, even if I smoke or not. I know plenty of such people who never smoked a second in their life.

This is not a legitimate reason for illegallity in and of itself.

TMahoney
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I have no idea who or what you were referencing with your generalization.

But I personally have known people who smoked daily, and were exceedingly prosperous, motivated and wealthy. I admit, I knew many lazy unmotivated burnouts too, but they were lazy unmotivated burnouts BEFORE they started smoking, in most cases.

Point being, the choice and the freedom to make that choice should be MINE, not yours to make for me, and not the Govt.'s to make for me. The choice to become a lazy unmotivated wretch is mine to make, even if I smoke or not. I know plenty of such people who never smoked a second in their life.

This is not a legitimate reason for illegallity in and of itself.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same way at one point.

But the more I thought about it, I figured if it already is illegal and nothing good comes from it, why reverse the decision.

I wouldn't really care if it was legalized, I still won't let my future kids get away with tokin up.

[QUOTE=CarlSpackler]I still won't let my future kids get away with tokin up.[/QUOTE]

And I would fully support your freedom as a parent to make that decision. :yes: