Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This bothers me! Am I a bad person?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This bothers me! Am I a bad person?

We seem to have become a country of appeasers, IMHO.

<<<

Congressman to be sworn in using Quran

WASHINGTON - Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress, will use a Quran once owned by Thomas Jefferson during his ceremonial swearing-in Thursday.

The chief of the Library of Congress' rare book and special collections division, Mark Dimunation, will walk the Quran across the street to the Capitol and then walk it back after the ceremony.

Ellison, D-Minn., contacted the library about the book last month, Dimunation said.

Some critics have argued that only a Bible should be used for the swearing-in. Last month, Virginia Rep. Virgil Goode (news, bio, voting record), R-Va., warned that unless immigration is tightened, "many more Muslims" will be elected and follow Ellison's lead. Ellison was born in Detroit and converted to Islam in college.

Ellison spokesman Rick Jauert said the new congressman "wants this to be a special day, and using Thomas Jefferson's Quran makes it even more special."

"Jefferson's Quran dates religious tolerance to the founders of our country," he added.

An English translation of the Arabic, it was published in 1764 in London, a later printing of one originally published in 1734.

"This is considered the text that shaped Europe's understanding of the Quran," Dimunation said.

It was acquired in 1815 as part of a 6,400-volume collection that Jefferson sold for $24,000, to replace the congressional library that had been burned by British troops the year before, in the War of 1812.

"It was a real bargain," Dimunation said.

>>>

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see it as appeasing, but rather that our country accepts people of all faiths. It's not like we replaced our Constitution with the Koran, same way when Christian congressmen swear in using the Bible, we do not make the Bible part of our Constitution.

flushingjet
    dont let the libtards make you feel guilty for having
    foreign anti-American hateful garbage shoved down your gullet

theyre just greasing the skids for their other favorites they
    swear on and by,
    "mein kampf" "protocols" "rubyfruit jungle" "dianetics" and "the clansman"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there something wrong with being a Muslim you racists?
    America is a country of many faiths..If he wants to put his hand on HIS BIBLE, who cares? He probably believes it unlike those liars like bush who put a hand on a bible...

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bman]Is there something wrong with being a Muslim you racists?
    America is a country of many faiths..If he wants to put his hand on HIS BIBLE, who cares? He probably believes it unlike those liars like bush who put a hand on a bible...[/QUOTE]

Islam is not a RACE...its a Death Cult with many
    of its laws and tenets ILLEGAL in America...

good one DUMBmarine

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]Islam is...a Death Cult[/QUOTE]

fj, you hit the nail on the head with that assessment. When is GWB going to define our enemies as Cultists, though? It's about time he did!

Defining the Middle East Islamic cavepeople as Cultists is long overdue. It's exactly what they are - it's exactly what we aren't!

-Additionally, remember what did-in the Rev Jim Jones Cultists back in the late 70's? What did they all drink? Cyanide? We should start passing out cups of cyanide laced Kool-Aid to the cavepeople in Iraq like the Jonestown people drunk! (kind of along the lines of my idea about spiking Iraqi water supplies with acid, melting the brains of those killing us over there.)-

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]fj, you hit the nail on the head with that assessment. When is GWB going to define our enemies as Cultists, though? It's about time he did!

Defining the Middle East Islamic cavepeople as Cultists is long overdue. It's exactly what they are - it's exactly what we aren't!

-Additionally, remember what did-in the Rev Jim Jones Cultists back in the late 70's? What did they all drink? Cyanide? We should start passing out cups of cyanide laced Kool-Aid to the cavepeople in Iraq like the Jonestown people drunk! (kind of along the lines of my idea about spiking Iraqi water supplies with acid, melting the brains of those killing us over there.)-[/QUOTE]

FJ is right but could you imagine the outcry from the terrorist sympathizers in this nation were that to be spoken??

how could the dickhead durbins of the world contain themselves??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets round up all the Muslims in America put them in a boat and send them back to where they came from. Then we simply nuke all of Arabia and finish those ragheads once and for all. While were at it lets also send the murderous blacks back to Africa, and those Latin thieves back to South America, and anyone who is not white christian or jewish back to their homes. This is White 'Murrika !! Luv it or leave it! Yeee hawww!!

Now wheres my chewin tobacca

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thing that bothers me is in countries where the majority (or close to a majority) are muslims the other faiths or non-religious people are terrorized and discriminated against. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Lebanon, Gaza, West Bank, Nigeria, Bosnia, Egypt, Turkey, Indonesia, etc. (just to name a few).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman]Is there something wrong with being a Muslim you racists?
    America is a country of many faiths..If he wants to put his hand on HIS BIBLE, who cares? He probably believes it unlike those liars like bush who put a hand on a bible...[/QUOTE]

It isn't HIS bible, it is THE Quran..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Lets round up all the Muslims in America put them in a boat and send them back to where they came from. Then we simply nuke all of Arabia and finish those ragheads once and for all. While were at it lets also send the murderous blacks back to Africa, and those Latin thieves back to South America, and anyone who is not white christian or jewish back to their homes. This is White 'Murrika !! Luv it or leave it! Yeee hawww!!

Now wheres my chewin tobacca[/QUOTE]

While we're at it, why don't we send the whites back to Europe and give the land back to the indigenious people...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve]It isn't HIS bible, it is THE Quran..[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's his holy book..Who frikking cares..I'd rather ban all holy books and have them put their hands over the Bill of Rights and the Constitution..

Born Agains are in a cult too...ISLAM is not a death squad..There's 1 billion of them who live normal lives..If it was a death squad I wish it would come knocking on some of these white trash homophobe racist morons who post on these sites..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]fj, you hit the nail on the head with that assessment. When is GWB going to define our enemies as Cultists, though? It's about time he did!

-Additionally, remember what did-in the Rev Jim Jones Cultists back in the late 70's? What did they all drink? Cyanide? We should start passing out cups of cyanide laced Kool-Aid to the cavepeople in Iraq like the Jonestown people drunk! (kind of along the lines of my idea about spiking Iraqi water supplies with acid, melting the brains of those killing us over there.)-[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to an Islamic country? I have.....
    Most football fan morons equate 1.2 BILLION Muslims with al qeada and the secatarian violence in Iraq..Nothing could be further from the truth..Islam is hard ..it is..But it's VERY much like any other orthodox religion..How about Bush's religion of peace!! That little rat never overturned a death penalty in Texas..Bush spit on Jesus when he did that...
    The crap going on in Iraq today is DIRECT consequence of Bush's little neo con imperialist army breaking that country in 1/2 like an egg..
    The only one to blame for those 3000 dead US soldiers in Iraq is little Bush...He forced them to their bloody grave...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm as Christian and as conservative as it comes, but there's no reason we shouldn't let him be sworn in on anything he wants. If the people don't like it, vote him out next time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are not a bad person, you have just been brainwashed to think this is a Chrisitan country,, this country was founded as a place people of all worships can go to and celebrate their religion if they want,, nowhere in the constitution does it say you need to swear in by the Bible, in fact I think somewhere it says in the courts you are allowed to swear in by the book of your choice...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I'm as Christian and as conservative as it comes, but there's no reason we shouldn't let him be sworn in on anything he wants. If the people don't like it, vote him out next time.[/QUOTE]

Ding...ding...ding! Can't say it any better!

Did they know he was muslim before he was voted in?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's the real question

what was Jefferson doing with a copy of the quran

maybe he was a deep sleeper from Al_Queda

maybe his ghost is planning the next 9-11

oOOOOOOOO!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]how could the dickhead durbins of the world contain themselves??[/QUOTE]

We would give them heavy doses of Ritilin. :chillpill

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]...we simply nuke all of Arabia and finish those ragheads once and for all.[/QUOTE]

That's waaaay too much work. And wasteful. I say we just drug the Middle East & Iraqi Muslims and turn them into our domestic servants...I mean partners in the war on terror! :burns:

American Muslims are OK!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i personally think this shouldnt be a problem, as people might as well be sworn in on whatever document they believe in most (personally, i think they should be sworn in on the constitution, not a holy book, but thats another argument), but hey, maybe i'm crazy...