Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke students reinstated- are they due reparations?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Duke students reinstated- are they due reparations?

Looks like this case is falling apart. In light of recent discussions on this board, what would be "justice" for these two students whose academic careers had been put on hold, and names slandered in the press?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    these guys were put through absolute hell -- forced to leave school, ostracized by the community, made to look like deviants. It's such a shame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]these guys were put through absolute hell -- forced to leave school, ostracized by the community, made to look like deviants. It's such a shame.[/QUOTE]
    The sad thing is that even a dismissal of the case at this point will not correct the damage to their names and reputations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]The sad thing is that even a dismissal of the case at this point will not correct the damage to their names and reputations.[/QUOTE]
    plus the legal fees

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]The sad thing is that even a dismissal of the case at this point will not correct the damage to their names and reputations.[/QUOTE]

how about the coach who was forced to resign in disgrace after coaching the program for near 20-years....

don't forget about the other seniors on the lax team- remember; the school cancelled the season once this story broke and the seniors won't get another chance to play big time NCAA lacrosse again....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    that coach was a bum and the program needed a change

these boys are still going to trial for kidnapping

even if nifong gets recused the case is still alive

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This case is an embarrassment for anyone involved in law enforcement.

[QUOTE=bitonti]that coach was a bum and the program needed a change

these boys are still going to trial for kidnapping

even if nifong gets recused the case is still alive[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]This case is an embarrassment for anyone involved in law enforcement.[/QUOTE]

im sure when they talked that girl back into the frat house at midnight, they had a nice educational reading of War and Peace. Perhaps tea and scones was served. Im sure it was a lovely experience for all involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything that I have read and from what I have saw on t.v. shows that this case is should of never of happend.

The kidnapping charge is not going to go anywhere as well. I understand you do not like the Duke program, but this case is BS.

[QUOTE=bitonti]im sure when they talked that girl back into the frat house at midnight, they had a nice educational reading of War and Peace. Perhaps tea and scones was served. Im sure it was a lovely experience for all involved.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]im sure when they talked that girl back into the frat house at midnight, they had a nice educational reading of War and Peace. Perhaps tea and scones was served. Im sure it was a lovely experience for all involved.[/QUOTE]

did anything criminal happen? that's all that matters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are rich white boys of course it had to be criminal! LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    free whitey!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Looks like this case is falling apart. In light of recent discussions on this board, what would be "justice" for these two students whose academic careers had been put on hold, and names slandered in the press?[/QUOTE]

You are a disrepectful clown. To attempt to frame this conversation with reparations just shows how much of a fool you are.

If you want to play with me or make a joke of my ancestral beginings, I can show you that you are making a big mistake.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]You are a disrepectful clown. To attempt to frame this conversation with reparations just shows how much of a fool you are.

If you want to play with me or make a joke of my ancestral beginings, I can show you that you are making a big mistake.[/QUOTE]
    You are the clown. All you say to anyone who disagrees with you is that their argument is without merit.

I am also not making any joke about anyone's ancestral heritage, just making a joke about how ridiculous is the fight for reparations. By your logic, you should also have a problem with Dave Chappelle, as he made light of the issue of reparations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]free whitey![/QUOTE]

convict people without a case!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]free whitey![/QUOTE]

Try to take your racism out of the equation for a minute:

There is no DNA evidence. No evidence at all that rape and assault occurred. The accusations of this case were a fabrication.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Try to take your racism out of the equation for a minute:

There is no DNA evidence. No evidence at all that rape and assault occurred. The accusations of this case were a fabrication.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's why the rape charge was dropped. There are still sexual offense and kidnapping charges pending

i personally am just so sick of privledged white males being railroaded by the justice system. I mean seriously how many prisons are we going to fill with innocent rich white men before society realizes there is a problem?

I actually believe this might be the largest problem facing our nation today. Bigger than the failed war, bigger than the global warming, bigger than the deficit - it's white males going to jail for no reason, that's the real problem in this country.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah that's why the rape charge was dropped. There are still sexual offense and kidnapping charges pending

i personally am just so sick of privledged white males being railroaded by the justice system. I mean seriously how many prisons are we going to fill with innocent rich white men before society realizes there is a problem?

I actually believe this might be the largest problem facing our nation today. Bigger than the failed war, bigger than the global warming, bigger than the deficit - it's white males going to jail for no reason, that's the real problem in this country.[/QUOTE]

so injustice is okay as long as it happens to privileged white athletes? You're a hoot, bitonti, and your bias couldn't be anymore evident.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah that's why the rape charge was dropped. There are still sexual offense and kidnapping charges pending

I actually believe this might be the largest problem facing our nation today. Bigger than the failed war, bigger than the global warming, bigger than the deficit - it's white males going to jail for no reason, that's the real problem in this country.[/QUOTE]

Anybody going to jail for no reason is a HUGE problem.

I don't want to get into an argument with you, but this is an overwhelmingly racist post. I mean, come on.

What if I were to say, you know what the biggest problem in the world is today? Guilty black guys being aquitted by the justice system. More than AIDS, world hunger, hurricanes, tsunamis, and genocide. I'm tired of seeing black guys escape jail.

The charges of this case were fabricated because of race, built steam and garnered media attention because of race, and is still being defended by people like you because of race.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

(deleted)
    Last edited by jets5ever; 01-04-2007 at 02:21 PM.