Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallup: Majority of Americans Feel Iraq Coverage is Inaccurate & Purposely Negative'

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Gallup: Majority of Americans Feel Iraq Coverage is Inaccurate & Purposely Negative'

since the leftists on this board love polls so much....

[QUOTE][B]Gallup:[/B] [B]Majority of Americans Feel Iraq Media Coverage is 'Inaccurate' -- and Mainly Too Negative [/B]

By E&P Staff

Published: January 04, 2007 12:20 PM

NEW YORK A new Gallup poll released today reveals that most Americans -- some 56% -- believe that the news media's coverage of the war in Iraq is generally "inaccurate."

But in what way? Of those who feel that coverage has been inaccurate, 61% feel it has painted too negative a picture there, while 36% say it has pictured it as too positive.

[B]That means that overall, about one-third of Americans believe that the news media present too negative a picture of what is happening in Iraq; one out of five believe that the news media present too positive a picture, and the rest say that news media coverage is about right or have no opinion.[/B]

Looking at the partisan divide, Gallup explains: "Two-thirds of Republicans believe that the news media's coverage of Iraq is both inaccurate and makes the situation there appear worse. Only one-quarter say that news media coverage is accurate.

"On the other hand, a majority of Democrats (55%) say that news media coverage of the situation there is accurate, with most of the rest saying that it is inaccurate and biased toward making the situation there appear better than it really is. Independents' views on the issue are between the two extremes of Republicans and Democrats."

The national survey of 1,013 Americans was taken just before Christmas.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003527871[/url]

nah- no liberal bias in the neo-con controlled media... :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-04-2007 at 01:14 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get the point you are trying to make.....but I still say that the vast majority of polls, especially of a mere 1K people, are not valid as a basis for an opinion.

I may agree with the opinion presented (a too negative Media), but that doesn't make this small poll any more valid as I see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I get the point you are trying to make.....but I still say that the vast majority of polls, especially of a mere 1K people, are not valid as a basis for an opinion.

I may agree with the opinion presented (a too negative Media), but that doesn't make this small poll any more valid as I see it.[/QUOTE]

don't necessarily disagree with you, which is why I prefaced the post as I did...

of course let's see if the media waves this poll around like they do all the other polls....scratch that- let's see if they give this poll 15-seconds of airtime...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is an article that I think proves a good point. I am very conservative in some of my views, and quite liberal in others, but I notice that a great deal of liberal supporters seem to run to the media to prove points about conspiracy, public opinion, scientic "evidence," when most people believe that the media is completely bias.

I for one don't try and put too much stock into what I read in the papers, and I don't put much stock in our every-day scientific "evidence" from a variety of discoveries. I would love to find out who is behind the funding of a myriad of scientific studies....I would bet my house that a majority of the "discoveries" happen to be funded by interest groups that would benefit from such said discoveries.

Personal opinion......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I get the point you are trying to make.....but I still say that the vast majority of polls, especially of a mere 1K people, are not valid as a basis for an opinion.

I may agree with the opinion presented (a too negative Media), but that doesn't make this small poll any more valid as I see it.[/QUOTE]

if you pick a good sample it is, statistics is a science

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]if you pick a good sample it is, statistics is a science[/QUOTE]

you can also ask questions in a way to get the answer you want...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve]I don't put much stock in our every-day scientific "evidence" from a variety of discoveries. I would love to find out who is behind the funding of a myriad of scientific studies....I would bet my house that a majority of the "discoveries" happen to be funded by interest groups that would benefit from such said discoveries.

Personal opinion......[/QUOTE]

Interesting. You would disbelieve a reported Scientific deiscovery because it might have a bias due to who funds it......

....but you are fine and support law based on Religious Belief, which is 100% "biased" and unsupported outside of Faith-based reasoning to start with.

The two positions would seem to be contradictory. Especially considering that most legitimate Science (i.e. Univercity Studies and Govt. funded Operations, etc.) is purposely seperated from who funds it, for the very reason of avoiding even the appearance of impropriety.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]if you pick a good sample it is, statistics is a science[/QUOTE]

If someone is "picking" a sample, the sample is inherantly biased.

And as CBTNY stated, even more important than the sample, is how the question is worded. And that too is easy to make biased, and almost impossible not to.

Polling is not a Science, it is a series of geuesstimates and baised-based procedures. The fact that people believe it is a Science is scary in and of itself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question, why do we never see the caskets with the troops coming home in them on CNN, Fox, etc? I can only find images of them on the web.

Why do we never see the troops coming home with no arms and legs on CNN, Fox, etc.? Again, only on the web and at the Southern Airports can I find these images and veterans.

The war is getting misguided coverage and if the coverage were true this war would have ended a looooong time ago and more people would be calling for the impeachment of this loser in the WH

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Question, why do we never see the caskets with the troops coming home in them on CNN, Fox, etc? I can only find images of them on the web.

Why do we never see the troops coming home with no arms and legs on CNN, Fox, etc.? Again, only on the web and at the Southern Airports can I find these images and veterans.

The war is getting misguided coverage and if the coverage were true this war would have ended a looooong time ago and more people would be calling for the impeachment of this loser in the WH[/QUOTE]

you mean just like we don't see the beheadings from the followers of the religion of peace??? the beheadings of innoncent individuals by the islamofacists which can be found all over the web???

that type of misguided coverage???

funny how you like to post poll after poll yet you have no answer for a poll that flies right in the face of your contention(s)....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Question, why do we never see the caskets with the troops coming home in them on CNN, Fox, etc? I can only find images of them on the web.

The war is getting misguided coverage and if the coverage were true this war would have ended a looooong time ago and more people would be calling for the impeachment of this loser in the WH[/QUOTE]

A few questions:

--Why would showing that be "News"?

--What purpose would showing that serve beyond sensationalism?

War = Death and Injuries. Death and Injuries = Unpopular.

I doubt any modern American population would fight any War, no matter how legitimate, if they were faced day after day with images of caskets and injuries.

Why would you, a soldier who knows better than most of us the risk you consciously signed up for, want to see your fellow soldiers in such a way?
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-04-2007 at 02:14 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you mean just like we don't see the beheadings from the followers of the religion of peace??? the beheadings of innoncent individuals by the islamofacists which can be found all over the web???

that type of misguided coverage???

funny how you like to post poll after poll yet you have no answer for a poll that flies right in the face of your contention(s)....[/QUOTE]

So then you agree that the coverage is inaccurate? Most Americans that voted in the last election, voted my way. So we voters must have noticed the same things about the coverage.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]So then you agree that the coverage is inaccurate? [/QUOTE]

I agree it is purposely negative, hence inaccurate....

[QUOTE]Most Americans that voted in the last election, voted my way. So we voters must have noticed the same things about the coverage.[/QUOTE]

most Americans who voted in the last election voted on a regional basis for local constiuent representation; voters in Florida could care less about the issues the voters of Washington faced, regardless of what your lunatic leftist friends behind the keyboard have brainwashed you to believe....

....the last national election held was in 2004 and we saw what happened there...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]If someone is "picking" a sample, the sample is inherantly biased.

And as CBTNY stated, even more important than the sample, is how the question is worded. And that too is easy to make biased, and almost impossible not to.

Polling is not a Science, it is a series of geuesstimates and baised-based procedures. The fact that people believe it is a Science is scary in and of itself.[/QUOTE]

that's why i said if you pick a good sample, I'm making no judgement about this poll because I know nothing about it

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

CNN ran videos recorded by Iraqi insurgents of snipers targeting Americans in their crosshairs and then pulling the trigger. Also, I believe the 3,000 deaths has been getting a lot of press this past week.

I honestly believe you only hear and see what you want to hear and see and then shut off all other reasoning and logic.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]CNN ran videos recorded by Iraqi insurgents of snipers targeting Americans in their crosshairs and then pulling the trigger. Also, I believe the 3,000 deaths has been getting a lot of press this past week.

I honestly believe you only hear and see what you want to hear and see and then shut off all other reasoning and logic.[/QUOTE]

Logic?? Reason??

You expect that from someone who proudly states he goes to homemade web-sites the likes of "Truthout" for his/her news because the media won't tell him what he wants to hear???

Logic?? Reasoning???

You have read his stated belief that he deserves a handout because he may have been a descendant of someone who may have been forced to come here as a slave....but then again he is not personalizing the issue...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-04-2007 at 02:29 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]CNN ran videos recorded by Iraqi insurgents of snipers targeting Americans in their crosshairs and then pulling the trigger. Also, I believe the 3,000 deaths has been getting a lot of press this past week.

I honestly believe you only hear and see what you want to hear and see and then shut off all other reasoning and logic.[/QUOTE]

I don't watch a lot of tv. The press has been too biased towards the republicans until lately.

Again,those videos are you sure about the intelligence CNN provided on them?

the 3000 deaths have been getting attention, bu twhy don' they show the caskets? Why don't they show the veterans returning home from the C130's with no arms and legs?

With their skin burned and seared? I've seen these kids at the airports here in the south. I remember one young lady about 22 years old with her arms [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]melted[/COLOR] [/SIZE] below her elbows.

This guy is a disgrace to America. His lies caused that yong woman to not have any hands. It's real down here in the south east USA.

The republican reporting system controls what the press shows and doesn't show

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pauliec...aren't you glad he gave you a reasonably logical answer to your post??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Pauliec...aren't you glad he gave you a reasonably logical answer to your post??[/QUOTE]

When I see a young woman with her arms melted below her elbows, I can find no reasonable logic for the war.

I knew at that point in time it had to end for real.

You can keep your republican led press corps

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]When I see a young woman with her arms melted below her elbows, I can find no reasonable logic for the war.[/QUOTE]

Did you stop her, and ask how she felt about her sacrifice?

Did you ask her why she signed up?

Did you ask her what we should do, or not do, in Iraq?