Thread: Once again the liberal media caught lying about Iraq

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Once again the liberal media caught lying about Iraq

more anti-American sentiment from the liberal media

[QUOTE][B]Mass Media Caught Lying About Iraq[/B]

January 5, 2007: The Associated Press has again put out an Iraq story detailing events that did not happen. This time, it involves an airstrike that, " killed a family of four during a firefight." However, according to the press desk of Multi-National Forces-Iraq, no air strike happened during that firefight, and MNF-I also reported that which six insurgents were killed by American troops in Baghdad on January 1. This is the second time in roughly six weeks that the AP has been caught fabricating events.

In November, the AP's report of six people being burned by in an attack on a mosque, cited a Captain Jemil Hussein of the Iraqi police. This report was challenged by Central Command and the Iraqi Ministry of the Interior, who pointed out that they had no record of a Jemil Hussein in their initial searches. The AP has stood by the story, yet this questionable Iraqi police official has not been quoted once since the story was questioned despite being used in dozens of stories prior to the controversy. After several weeks of investigating, several blogs, including Flopping Aces, found very little evidence that Captain Hussein existed until the AP reported that an arrest warrant was issued by the Ministry of the Interior for Hussein, whose phone has conveniently been turned off.

This is the latest media scandal involving phony news. In August, Reuters had to pull photographs that had been doctored to create the appearance that Israeli air strikes in Lebanon were doing more damage. Other photos taken during the summer fighting were discovered to have been staged by Hezbollah. In 2005, media reports that guards at Guantanamo Bay had flushed a Koran turned out to have no basis in fact (the actual flushing was done by detainees).

This pattern of misreporting is being noticed by blogs, most notably Flopping Aces ([url]www.floppingaces.net)[/url]. One of the Iraqi reporters for the AP, Quais Abdul Raazzaq was recently interviewed, and made statements that appeared to be biased. Other blogs have been digging deeper into some of the reporting. And the skepticism about media reporting about Iraq seems to be increasing. In December, the Gallup Poll reported that 56 percent of Americans believe the mainstream media's reporting of the situation in Iraq is inaccurate.

The continued stonewalling by the Associated Press is only going to make matters worse for them. Not only are bloggers sniffing around and posting their findings, but the call for an investigation is growing louder. With the AP now making up an air strike, it seems the case of Jemil Hussein was not isolated, but instead part of a pattern of misreporting and a focus on milestone casualties (the United States recently suffered its 3000th casualty) rather than signs of progress. Reports from the AP regarding Iraq clearly cannot not be trusted. For accurate information, people can turn to the newsrooms of Multi-National Force-Iraq ([url]www.mnf-iraq.com[/url]) and Central Command ([url]www.centcom.mil)[/url]. Harold C. Hutchison (haroldc.hutchison@gmail.com)

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20070105.aspx[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]more anti-American sentiment from the liberal media

[url]http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20070105.aspx[/url][/QUOTE]

Yes, the media is a bunch liars.
    Things in Iraq are going swimingly well.
    Sunnis and Shia are living peacefully side by side in harmony.
    Democracy in Iraq is Glowing and shining its bright light on the rest of the Middle East. It is the type of govt we want all of the ME to be modeled after.
    The Iraqi Govt has denounced Iran. They have admitted Hezbollah is a terrorist group and are standing with the USA in The global WOT.
    Tourism is booming, in fact CBNY will be tyaking his summer vacation in Baghdad this year.

So many good things happening in Iraq. Thats why Bush is planning to increase the # of troops.

Hey CBNY... How about you start posting some of these good news coming from in IRaq

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Yes, the media is a bunch liars.
    Democracy in Iraq is Glowing and shining its bright light on the rest of the Middle East. It is the type of govt we want all of the ME to be modeled after.
    The Iraqi Govt has denounced Iran. They have admitted Hezbollah is a terrorist group and are standing with the USA in The global WOT.
    Tourism is booming, in fact CBNY will be tyaking his summer vacation in Baghdad this year.

So many good things happening in Iraq. Thats why Bush is planning to increase the # of troops.

Hey CBNY... How about you start posting some of these good news coming from in IRaq[/QUOTE]

Over 3000 dead and over 20K wounded...Things are just well in Iraq....

Among their ranks are more than 16,000 single mothers
    [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/23/AR2006112301236_pf.html[/url]

You want war so bad why don't you join the 16,000 single mothers who fought/are fighting the war for you?

Typical of the republicans to let the women do their fighting while they post on the message boards.....And worst of all sabre rattle for more war...

Join up and fight like a MAN!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Over 3000 dead and over 20K wounded...Things are just well in Iraq....

Among their ranks are more than 16,000 single mothers
    [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/23/AR2006112301236_pf.html[/url]

You want war so bad why don't you join the 16,000 single mothers who fought/are fighting the war for you?

Typical of the republicans to let the women do their fighting while they post on the message boards.....And worst of all sabre rattle for more war...

Join up and fight like a MAN!!!!!![/QUOTE]

please address the thread rather than go on some lunatic leftist rant to try and change the topic....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]please address the thread rather than go on some lunatic leftist rant to try and change the topic....[/QUOTE]

[I][B]Typical of the republicans to let the women do their fighting while they post on the message boards.....And worst of all sabre rattle for more war...[/B][/I]

16000 Single mothers fighting and the best you can do is sabre rattle and make claims that the war is not being reported properly by the liberal media...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg][I][B]Typical of the republicans to let the women do their fighting while they post on the message boards.....And worst of all sabre rattle for more war...[/B][/I]

16000 Single mothers fighting and the best you can do is sabre rattle and make claims that the war is not being reported properly by the liberal media...[/QUOTE]

again- you are encouraged to concentrate on the topic at hand rather than float into the abyss of leftist lunacy....if you have any comments on the thread and it's contents feel free to contribute, otherwise please don't change the topic- something you hypocritically accuse others of....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this surprising? These are classic Soviet Union techniques updated for the 21st century. When you control information, you control people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so CBNY let me get this straight:

if you support George Bush does that mean you hate America? Cause I love America and I don't want it to lose. You support a loser with a losing strategy does that mean you hate America?

how dare you! :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again- you are encouraged to concentrate on the topic at hand rather than float into the abyss of leftist lunacy....if you have any comments on the thread and it's contents feel free to contribute, otherwise please don't change the topic- something you hypocritically accuse others of....[/QUOTE]

Dude, the thread looks like a thread on Iraq. I provided a link from the media showing that 16000 single mothers are fighting/have fought the wars.

Is the media lying here? Are you pro Bush and Pro war? Your posts make it appear that you are pro war and pro Bush.

Bush has 16000 single mothers fighting. I am against the war and against 16000 single mothers fighting it. My point is that if you want a war, you should fight it yourself or at least not have women do the fighting for you.

The warmongers on this board appear to be republican and most have never served a day in the military. And I have been called a traitor and Benedict Arnold among other names.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]so CBNY let me get this straight:

if you support George Bush does that mean you hate America? Cause I love America and I don't want it to lose. You support a loser with a losing strategy does that mean you hate America?

how dare you! :D[/QUOTE]

another leftist lunatic who is the first to point the fingers at others for changing the topic but can't stay with the thread...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Dude, the thread looks like a thread on Iraq. I provided a link from the media showing that 16000 single mothers are fighting/have fought the wars.

Is the media lying here? Are you pro Bush and Pro war? Your posts make it appear that you are pro war and pro Bush.

Bush has 16000 single mothers fighting. I am against the war and against 16000 single mothers fighting it. My point is that if you want a war, you should fight it yourself or at least not have women do the fighting for you.

The warmongers on this board appear to be republican and most have never served a day in the military. And I have been called a traitor and Benedict Arnold among other names.....[/QUOTE]

again, for a third time- you are encouraged to concentrate on the topic at hand rather than float into the abyss of leftist lunacy....your comments have nothing to do with the article at hand....if you have any comments on the thread and it's contents feel free to contribute, otherwise please don't change the topic- something you hypocritically accuse others of....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again, for a third time- you are encouraged to concentrate on the topic at hand rather than float into the abyss of leftist lunacy....your comments have nothing to do with the article at hand....if you have any comments on the thread and it's contents feel free to contribute, otherwise please don't change the topic- something you hypocritically accuse others of....[/QUOTE]

Hey I stuck with the topic.

[QUOTE]Yes, the media is a bunch liars.

Hey CBNY... How about you start posting some of these good news coming from in IRaq[/QUOTE]

Now when are you going to tell us about all the good news from Iraq that the media should be discussing?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Hey I stuck with the topic.

Now when are you going to tell us about all the good news from Iraq that the media should be discussing?[/QUOTE]

I'd be more than happy to spam the board ala jetdawgg with story after story...excepet many of these will come from the mouths of soldiers about good things happneing in Iraq, stories the meida refuses to cover....

GI's, I should mention, like PFKISH, who served in Iraq and told his story on this forum yet you chose to berate him...

alas unlike jetdawgg who chooses to spam the forum I will be more repspectful of the server-

and of course asking me to post stories about good news from Iraq has absolutley nothing to do with the liberal media once again lying as they create the news rather than do thier job and report- so, as usual, you are wrong....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah CBNY everyone is crazy and wrong except for you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Mass Media Caught Lying About Iraq

January 5, 2007: The Associated Press has again put out an Iraq story detailing events that did not happen. This time, it involves an airstrike that, " killed a family of four during a firefight." However, according to the press desk of Multi-National Forces-Iraq, no air strike happened during that firefight, and MNF-I also reported that which six insurgents were killed by American troops in Baghdad on January 1. This is the second time in roughly six weeks that the AP has been caught fabricating events.

[B]In November, the AP's report of six people being burned by in an attack on a mosque, cited a Captain Jemil Hussein of the Iraqi police. This report was challenged by Central Command and the Iraqi Ministry of the Interior, who pointed out that they had no record of a Jemil Hussein in their initial searches. The AP has stood by the story, yet this questionable Iraqi police official has not been quoted once since the story was questioned despite being used in dozens of stories prior to the controversy. After several weeks of investigating, several blogs, including Flopping Aces, found very little evidence that Captain Hussein existed until the AP reported that an arrest warrant was issued by the Ministry of the Interior for Hussein, whose phone has conveniently been turned off....[/B][/QUOTE]

Too bad the AP was CORRECT!!!!! And the right wing blocks were FOS!!!!

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/printer2/index.asp?ploc=b&refer=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1107AP_Iraq_Jamil_Hussein.html[/url]

[QUOTE][B]Iraq threatens arrest of police officer[/B]

By STEVEN R. HURST

BAGHDAD, Iraq --[B] The Interior Ministry acknowledged Thursday that an Iraqi police officer whose existence had been denied by the Iraqis and the U.S. military is in fact an active member of the force, and said he now faces arrest for speaking to the media.[/B]

[B]Ministry spokesman Brig. Abdul-Karim Khalaf, who had previously denied there was any such police employee as Capt. Jamil Hussein, said in an interview that Hussein is an officer assigned to the Khadra police station, as had been reported by The Associated Press.[/B]

The captain, whose full name is Jamil Gholaiem Hussein, was one of the sources for an AP story in late November about the burning and shooting of six people during a sectarian attack at a Sunni mosque.

The U.S. military and the Iraqi Interior Ministry raised the doubts about Hussein in questioning the veracity of the AP's initial reporting on the incident, and the Iraqi ministry suggested that many news organization were giving a distorted, exaggerated picture of the conflict in Iraq. [B]Some Internet bloggers spread and amplified these doubts, accusing the AP of having made up Hussein's identity in order to disseminate false news about the war.[/B]

[B]Khalaf offered no explanation Thursday for why the ministry had initially denied Hussein's existence, other than to state that its first search of records failed to turn up his full name. He also declined to say how long the ministry had known of its error and why it had made no attempt in the past six weeks to correct the public record.[/B]

Hussein was not the original source of the disputed report of the attack; [B]the account was first told on Al-Arabiya satellite television by a Sunni elder, Imad al-Hashimi, who retracted it after members of the Defense Ministry paid him a visit. [/B] Several neighborhood residents subsequently gave the AP independent accounts of the Shiite militia attack on a mosque in which six people were set on fire and killed.

[B]Khalaf told the AP that an arrest warrant had been issued for the captain for having contacts with the media in violation of the ministry's regulations.[/B]

Hussein told the AP on Wednesday that he learned the arrest warrant would be issued when he returned to work on Thursday after the Eid al-Adha holiday. His phone was turned off Thursday and he could not be reached for further comment.

[B]Hussein appears to have fallen afoul of a new Iraqi push, encouraged by some U.S. advisers, to more closely monitor the flow of information about the country's violence, and strictly enforce regulations that bar all but authorized spokesmen from talking to media.[/B]

During Saddam Hussein's rule, information in Iraq had been fiercely controlled by the Information Ministry, but after the arrival of U.S. troops in 2003 and during the transition to an elected government in 2004, many police such as Hussein felt freer to talk to journalists and give information as it occurred.

As a consequence, most news organizations working in Iraq have maintained Iraqi police contacts routinely in recent years. Some officers who speak with reporters withhold their names or attempt to disguise their names using different variants of one or two middle names or last names for reasons of security. Hussein, however, spoke for the record, using his authentic first and last name, on numerous occasions.

His first contacts with the AP were in 2004, when the current Interior Ministry and its press apparatus was still being formed out of the chaotic remains of the Saddam-era ministry.

[B]The information he provided about various police incidents was never called into question until he became embroiled in the attempt to discredit the AP story about the Hurriyah mosque attack.[/B]

Lt. Col. Christopher Garver, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, said Thursday that the military had asked the Interior Ministry on Nov. 26 if it had a policeman by the name of Jamil Hussein. Two days later, U.S. Navy Lt. Michael B. Dean, a public affairs officer with the U.S. Navy Multi-National Corps-Iraq Joint Operations Center, sent an e-mail to AP in Baghdad saying that the military had checked with the Iraqi Interior Ministry and was told that no one by the name of Jamil Hussein worked for the ministry or was a Baghdad police officer.

Dean also demanded that the mosque attack story be retracted.

The text of the Dean letter appeared quickly on several Internet blogs, prompting heated debate about the story and criticism of the AP.

At the weekly Interior Ministry briefing on Nov. 30, Khalaf cited the AP story as an example of why the ministry had decided to form a special unit to monitor news coverage and vowed to take legal action against journalists who failed to correct stories the ministry deemed to be incorrect.

At the time Khalaf said the ministry had no one on its staff by the name of Jamil Hussein.

"Maybe he wore an MOI (Ministry of Interior) uniform and gave a different name to the reporter for money," Khalaf said then. The AP has not paid Jamil Hussein and does not pay any news sources for information for its stories.

On Thursday, Khalaf told AP that the ministry at first had searched its files for Jamil Hussein and found no one. He said a later search turned up Capt. Jamil Gholaiem Hussein, assigned to the Khadra police station.

But the AP had already identified the captain by all three names in a story on Nov. 28 - two days before the Interior Ministry publicly denied his existence on the police rolls.

Khalaf did not say whether the U.S. military had ever been told that Hussein in fact exists. Garver, the U.S. military spokesman, said Thursday that he was not aware that the military had ever been told.

Khalaf said Thursday that with the arrest of Hussein for breaking police regulations against talking to reporters, the AP would be called to identify him in a lineup as the source of its story.

Should the AP decline to assist in the identification, Khalaf said, the case against Hussein would be dropped. He also said there were no plans to pursue action against the AP should it decline.

He said police officers sign a pledge not to talk to reporters when they join the force. He did not explain why Jamil Hussein had become an issue now, given that he had been named by AP in dozens of news reports dating back to early 2006. Before that, he had been a reliable source of police information since 2004 but had not been quoted by name.[/QUOTE]

The Iraqi government initially denied he existed, now it turns out he does exist but will be punished for speaking to the press! Sounds like something a democratic government would do!

[B]These Right Wing Nuts are pathetic!!!
    They trust the Lying, Criminal, Terrorist Supporting elected Shia-theocracy of Iraq more than the AP[/B]
    Last edited by kennyo7; 01-05-2007 at 03:14 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I'd be more than happy to spam the board ala jetdawgg with story after story...excepet many of these will come from the mouths of soldiers about good things happneing in Iraq, stories the meida refuses to cover....

GI's, I should mention, like PFKISH, who served in Iraq and told his story on this forum yet you chose to berate him...

alas unlike jetdawgg who chooses to spam the forum I will be more repspectful of the server-

and of course asking me to post stories about good news from Iraq has absolutley nothing to do with the liberal media once again lying as they create the news rather than do thier job and report- so, as usual, you are wrong....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 50-100 Iraqis are murdered each day. The govt cant step out of the fortefied Green Zone, many current Iraqi ministers have to live abroad b/c the conditions are not safe in the country they are supposed to be running, Militias are running amok (some supported by the govt), the men executing Saddam were in jeans and leather jackets wearing ski masks and chanting the name Muqtada! The current elected govt was a Shia terrorist organization trained in Iran and murdered US marines in 1980s in Beirut.....

But your right CBNY... we should ignore all that and look at the Big Picture!! Some Iraqi kid smiled at a US soldier!!!!

Here are some of the good news from Iraq not shared by the MSM

Police recover 47 corpses of people killed in apparent sectarian violence in Baghdad
    [url]http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=166434&Sn=WORL&IssueID=29291[/url]

Sunni Arab guerrillas launch a mortar attack on the Shiite Shu'la district of Baghdad
    [url]http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/16375747.htm[/url]

IRAQ: GUNMEN SLAY LOCAL POLITICIAN IN CENTRAL KARBALA PROVINCE

[url]http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Politics&loid=8.0.373373636&par=0[/url]

Iraqi officials claim militia infiltrated Saddam Hussein's execution team withthe intent to inflame sectarian tensions
    [url]http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.aspx?id=69125[/url]

Shiite leader Muqtada Al-Sadr Has the Noose that Hung Saddam (yeah he has no ties with the elected govt of iraq :rolleyes: )

[url]http://www.arabtimesonline.com/arabtimes/kuwait/Viewdet.asp?ID=9485&cat=a[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah CBNY everyone is crazy and wrong except for you[/QUOTE]

again- you are encouraged to concentrate on the topic at hand rather than float into the abyss of leftist lunacy....if you have any comments on the thread and it's contents feel free to contribute, otherwise please don't change the topic- something you hypocritically accuse others of....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Yeah, 50-100 Iraqis are murdered each day. The govt cant step out of the fortefied Green Zone, many current Iraqi ministers have to live abroad b/c the conditions are not safe in the country they are supposed to be running, Militias are running amok (some supported by the govt), the men executing Saddam were in jeans and leather jackets wearing ski masks and chanting the name Muqtada! The current elected govt was a Shia terrorist organization trained in Iran and murdered US marines in 1980s in Beirut.....

But your right CBNY... we should ignore all that and look at the Big Picture!! Some Iraqi kid smiled at a US soldier!!!!

[/QUOTE]

50-100 killer per day??

you are not too good in math were you based on the recent reports...of course I'm sure the liberal media purposely kept the number of Iraqi deaths down...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]50-100 killer per day??

you are not too good in math were you based on the recent reports...of course I'm sure the liberal media purposely kept the number of Iraqi deaths down...[/QUOTE]

If good news was coming out of Iraq, Bush and the republicans would still be charge.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Too bad the AP was CORRECT!!!!! And the right wing blocks were FOS!!!!

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/printer2/index.asp?ploc=b&refer=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1107AP_Iraq_Jamil_Hussein.html[/url]

The Iraqi government initially denied he existed, now it turns out he does exist but will be punished for speaking to the press! Sounds like something a democratic government would do!

These Right Wing Nuts are pathetic!!!
    They trust the Lying, Criminal, Terrorist Supporting elected Shia-theocracy of Iraq more than the AP[/QUOTE]

and pea-brained leftists??

[QUOTE]Hussein was not the original source of the disputed report of the attack; the account was first told on Al-Arabiya satellite television by a Sunni elder, Imad al-Hashimi, who retracted it after members of the Defense Ministry paid him a visit. [/QUOTE]

it is pathetic how you cherrypick cetain paragraphs of the story to try and twist and spin dismissing everyting else...

of course let's ignore this little segment altogether

[QUOTE]Several neighborhood residents subsequently gave the AP independent accounts of the Shiite militia attack on a mosque in which six people were set on fire and killed.[/QUOTE]