Thread: If you blame Chad for this loss you are a MORON.

If you blame Chad for this loss you are a MORON.

Honest to god. No one with a brain can blame Chad for this loss.

He was great all day.

This was a very close game, the pats just got the breaks.

Be proud of this team.

We lost because of our poor run defense (which finally came back to bite us today) as well as our lack of run offense.

Chad did well in flashes, and I think it would be almost unanimous here that this lost is NOT on him.

BUT he is part of our problem. He's just not a team-killer. He's gonna score you some points, gonna win you some games, but he will NEVER get you to that next level. Tom Brady is part of the reason the Pats, with sub-par receivers, were #1 in 3rd down conversions this year. He's a chain mover, a red zone TD scorer - he's a killer. He's a 3 time Superbowl champion.

We need a killer out there at QB.

Complicating all this? He's an all-American good guy with a big heart. A feel-good story. He'll just never be a champion. Not with the floaters he throws 90% of the time.

And the Jets go home again...

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree. Anybody that watched the game should know this was a team loss and not a QB screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by dcronin
    Chad did well in flashes, and I think it would be almost unanimous here that this lost is NOT on him.

BUT he is part of our problem. He's just not a team-killer. He's gonna score you some points, gonna win you some games, but he will NEVER get you to that next level. Tom Brady is part of the reason the Pats, with sub-par receivers, were #1 in 3rd down conversions this year. He's a chain mover, a red zone TD scorer - he's a killer. He's a 3 time Superbowl champion.

Complicating all this? He's an all-American good guy with a big heart. A feel-good story. He'll just never be a champion. Not with the floaters he throws 90% of the time.

We went 10-6 when we were supposed to compete for a #1 pick. Whazt exactly is our "problem."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

and if we had all pro "killers" at every position we'd be unstoppable!!

chad is a GOOD QB. that's enough to win in this league. he made a few bad plays, a few good ones.. a lot of times he was running for his life since the OL had probably it's worst game of the season.. of course the turnover killed us, and changed the game, but is that chad's fault? or a good play by the defense?

overall, you have to be able to stop Brady when it counts. jets didnt do that. not at the end of the 1st half, and not with the game 23-16..

All Pro
    DUMP.

Any thread calling other posters childish names is a waste of time. You're on a roll today Nico showing you're a class act.

Jets Insider VIP
    First, no one should blame Chad for this loss.

Second, only a moron would think that he played great today.

Chad had 1 TD that was ALL Cotchery. He also had a loss sealing INT. Otherwise he played well but still could not convert 3 possessions in the redzone into TDs. He played well but far from great. Great would have been leading the team to TDs rather than FGs.

Uhmm...Hello?

We lost by 3 F'n Scores.

That is an asskicking.

Our Defense never showed up and our offense only did in spurts. Obviously, our Defense is the #1 problem, but our offense wasn't much better either.

I'm not blameing this loss on Pennington purely, but he does deserve some of the blame (as do many other people.)

Any your a moron if you think this lame ass, noodle arm qb is anything better then getting us into the playoffs. Yes it is not all on Pennington but if you really think Pennington is the answere to win a SB then you my friend no nothing about football. I am confident that jets brass will no he is just a care taker to the real qb we get next steps up.

I feel pretty confident that Chad is amongst the league's top quarterbacks on 3rd down. This is a statistic that is constantly mentioned during our broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    We went 10-6 when we were supposed to compete for a #1 pick. Whazt exactly is our "problem."

You don't know what our problem is?

We haven't won a Superbowl since the 60s.

We can't win our division because there is a dynasty in front of us.
    We get into the playoffs, which is great, but we quickly exit.

That's a problem -admittedly a very good one to have. Our problem is we have a good team and we want a great one.

If I were the head of the Jets, I'd be thinking long and hard about whether Chad Pennington is part of that great team or not.

dc

You don't know what our problem is?

We haven't won a Superbowl since the 60s.

We can't win our division because there is a dynasty in front of us.
    We get into the playoffs, which is great, but we quickly exit.

That's a problem -admittedly a very good one to have. Our problem is we have a good team and we want a great one.

If I were the head of the Jets, I'd be thinking long and hard about whether Chad Pennington is part of that great team or not.

dc
    Following that logic, if you are the Jets owner and you know you have a certain amount of capital to invest, you evaluate the weaknesses and strengths of your team and I think you'd note the lack of an organic pass rush and dependable corners are amongst (many) areas that are more glaring weaknesses than the QB position where you have a veteran Qb with the highest winning % in your franchises history that has led your team to the playoffs three of five times he's been your starter for Game 1.

IMHO.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider

Our only "problem" is we played a better team today. I guess a lot of people can't deal with that.