Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take that Gator Haters!!!!41-14

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Take that Gator Haters!!!!41-14

Kept OSU UNDER 100yds of offense!!!

Second title, and first school EVER to win 2 championships in 2 different sports in under a year!!!!

GO Gators!!!

Bye the way BIG TEN IS OVERRATED!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea Baby!!! Congratulations Florida!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Jet

Second title, and first school EVER to win 2 championships in 2 different sports in under a year!!!!

GO Gators!!!

alot of truth to that. after the SEC, everyone else is a huge collection of faags. the SEC against any other conference is men against pre-schoolers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ''U'' is still the best team in Florida lol.......Congrats i love seeing OSU get whip on, they stole our Championship in 2003 and they thought they'll steal another one GOOOOO GATORS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Seminole sympathizer, I 'ahem' extend congratulations to 'ahem' the Gators on their National Championship...

I managed not to vomit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you root for a Florida team, you better double-check your heterosexual decoter ring.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. I rarely bet football, but I was all over this one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
    If you root for a Florida team, you better double-check your heterosexual decoter ring.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice win by the Gators. No one gave them a shot and they all said the Gators don't deserve to be in this game.

The Gators not only won, but whipped OSU. Congrats.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not true.

Texas won Baseball Title in June 2005 and Football Title in January 2006.

Miami won Baseball Title in June 2001 and Football Title in January 2002.

USC won Baseball Title in June 1972 and Football Title in January 1973.

There have been others.
    Last edited by Elon; 01-09-2007 at 12:59 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Nice win by the Gators. No one gave them a shot and they all said the Gators don't deserve to be in this game.

The Gators not only won, but whipped OSU. Congrats.
    Not so sure "no one" gave them a shot? This game is even more of an example why a playoff is needed in college. The Gators played way above their heads when you compare it to their play during the season. But, then again they did have A MONTH to prepare. That really doesn't depict how good or bad these teams were.

Hell, a team can completely change their offense/defense in that time span. They should play a week after the season for a playoff, two weeks for a single game National Championship. Waiting this long skews the Champion and takes away the importance of the regular season.

Also, how bad does the BCS look considering Ohio State was ranked #1 wire-to-wire?

And on a personal note, I will never give the SEC credit (atleast the top dogs in the conference) until they start playing road games against the other big conferences. Georgia and Florida haven't been on the road against the other big conferences in something like 40 years. Not counting FSU, and GT. Please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon
    That's not true.

There have been others.
    College baseball? Come on.

Football and basketball, everything else is bupkis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not true.

There have been others.
    Good work!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    College baseball? Come on.

Football and basketball, everything else is bupkis.
    A) He did not limit his statement to football and basketball...so neither did I.

B) College Baseball is excellent...try it sometime.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not so sure "no one" gave them a shot? This game is even more of an example why a playoff is needed in college. The Gators played way above their heads when you compare it to their play during the season. But, then again they did have A MONTH to prepare. That really doesn't depict how good or bad these teams were.

Hell, a team can completely change their offense/defense in that time span. They should play a week after the season for a playoff, two weeks for a single game National Championship. Waiting this long skews the Champion and takes away the importance of the regular season.

Also, how bad does the BCS look considering Ohio State was ranked #1 wire-to-wire?

And on a personal note, I will never give the SEC credit (atleast the top dogs in the conference) until they start playing road games against the other big conferences. Georgia and Florida haven't been on the road against the other big conferences in something like 40 years. Not counting FSU, and GT. Please.
    1) Yes... NO ONE gave them a chance of winning. Most predictions said OSU wins 42 - 14.

2) Granted the Gators had a month to prepare... but didn't OSU also have time. It's not like OSU played last week. In fact, OSU had more time to rest up and prepare than the Gators did.

3) I agree that college needs a playoff system. I've always hated the BCS system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A) He did not limit his statement to football and basketball...so neither did I.

B) College Baseball is excellent...try it sometime.
    Never said it isn't exciting, but there's only to national championships that matter to the general sports fan.

Why not include soccer while we're at it? Or hockey? Or tennis?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Never said it isn't exciting, but there's only to national championships that matter to the general sports fan.

Why not include soccer while we're at it? Or hockey? Or tennis?
    You could easily put those sports in if you choose...again, there was no limitations listed.

And besides, JI folks are not casual sports fans, they're well versed in lots of sports (there's even a soccer forum )

An NCAA Baseball Championship is hardly a stretch...especially for a Florida Gator fan. They have a great national program and, in fact, lost the National title game(s) to Texas in 2005.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

GO Gators!!!

Congrats man. Nice way to hold up the rep of the SEC. I just hope Nick Saban does for Bama what Urban Meyer did for Florida.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious with this post? They obviously don't have to play other big conferences to make their point. Like OSU didn't have a month to prep too? The SEC rules this year. Give them the respect they deserves. You just sound like sour grapes man with this post.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job to the runner up to the true national champion....

Boise State!!