Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushes Speech

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bushes Speech

I missed his speech last night, but while watching the news wrap-ups afterwards, several of them had mentioned that Bush talked about changing the rules of engagement, however no details were disclosed. Did anyone catch the specifics of his comments?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect112row36]...however no details were disclosed...[/QUOTE]

Details?!? You want details? Why? So the NYT can print them and give aid and southern comfort to our enemies.... ;)

Typical Bush speech...generalities and catch phrases. Bush's address to the nation are like Detroit Lion post-game press conferences, that's why I'm psyched for Bush to be a sports commissioner...that job is right up is alley.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No plan. No telling when the troops will leave. More costs. More senseless killing.

Talked about Al-Q and terrorists, as who we are going after. But they are so few in Iraq. We are in a civil war. And to top that off, the folks we are shooting are the same ones Iran hates (wtf?).

This guy has got to go. He is misleading the Americans. We are caught in a deadly grip of stupidity.

The "New Way" forward is the same old sh!t he has been dishing out. No plan again. At this rate we will never leave Iraq.

Moreover, this looks like a plan to get into Iran. By adding more troops to the region, we are showing more of a force there (MENA).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]No plan. [/QUOTE]
    No, nothing. Not like slave reparations, now that's a plan! You'd think, Jetdawgg, that with 89% of this country in full support of an immediate Iraq pullout, there would be more outcry from Congress, no? 89%! It's tough to blame the 11% hard-core Republicans, now that they do not control the House or Senate. You have a new Congress, elected on OUT OF IRAQ NOW, yet they're taking NCAA Championship Game-off and No-Smoking in the Lounge stances.

It's not like anyone didn't forsee the entrance of total lightweights to fill the voids left by pigs at the trough. It's the byproduct of having no platform or stance - this country will tire of Pelosi, et. al soon, at this rate probably next week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he looked scared

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]No, nothing. Not like slave reparations, now that's a plan! You'd think, Jetdawgg, that with 89% of this country in full support of an immediate Iraq pullout, there would be more outcry from Congress, no? 89%! It's tough to blame the 11% hard-core Republicans, now that they do not control the House or Senate. You have a new Congress, elected on OUT OF IRAQ NOW, yet they're taking NCAA Championship Game-off and No-Smoking in the Lounge stances.

It's not like anyone didn't forsee the entrance of total lightweights to fill the voids left by pigs at the trough. It's the byproduct of having no platform or stance - this country will tire of Pelosi, et. al soon, at this rate probably next week.[/QUOTE]

I am an independent. I don't care about either party. I sometimes see them as one party any way. If the proper response to this travesty is not met to my liking, there will be plenty of one timers.

peep this by the way:

[url]http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/10/olbermann-a-look-backward-at-the-commanders-credibility/#more-13443[/url]

Keith: We would be greeted as liberators, with flowers. As they stood up–we would stand down, we would stay the course, we were never 'stay the course',The enemy was al Qaeda, was foreigners, terrorists, Baathists. The war would pay for itself, it would cost 1-point-7 billion dollars, 100 billion, 400 billion, half a trillion dollars.

And after all of that, today it is his credibility versus that of generals, diplomats, allies, Republicans, Democrats, the Iraq Study Group, past presidents, voters last November, and the majority of the American people.

Transcripts below the fold

Olbermann: President Bush makes no secret of his distaste for looking backward, for assessing past results.

But in our third story on the Countdown tonight… too bad.

Any meaningful assessment of the president's next step in Iraq must consider his steps and missteps so far.

So, let's look at the record:

Before Mr. Bush was elected, he said he was no nation-builder; nation-building was wrong for America.

Now, he says it is vital for America.

He said he would never put U.S. troops under foreign control. Today, U.S. troops observe Iraqi restrictions.

He told us about WMDs. Mobile labs. Secret sources. Aluminum tubing. Yellow-cake.

He has told us the war is necessary…Because Saddam was a threat; Because of 9/11; Osama bin Laden; al Qaeda; Because of terrorism in general; To liberate Iraq; To spread freedom; To spread democracy; To keep the oil out of the hands of terrorist-controlled states; Because this was a guy who tried to kill his dad.

In pushing for and prosecuting this war, he passed on chances to get Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Muqtada al-Sadr, Osama bin Laden.

He sent in fewer troops than recommended. He disbanded the Iraqi Army, and "de-Baathified" the government. He short-changed Iraqi training.

He did not plan for widespread looting, nor the explosion of sectarian violence.

He sent in troops without life-saving equipment.

Gave jobs to foreign contractors, not the Iraqis.

Staffed U-S positions there, based on partisanship, not professionalism.

We learned that "America had prevailed", "Mission Accomplished", the resistance was in its "last throes".

He has said more troops were not necessary, and more troops are necessary, and that it's up to the generals, and removed some of the generals who said more troops would be necessary.

He told us of turning points: The fall of Baghdad, the death of Uday and Qusay, the capture of Saddam, a provisional government,the trial of Saddam, a charter, a constitution, an Iraqi government, ¤elections, purple fingers, a new government, the death of Saddam.

We would be greeted as liberators, with flowers.

As they stood up–we would stand down, we would stay the course, we were never 'stay the course',

The enemy was al Qaeda, was foreigners, terrorists, Baathists.

The war would pay for itself, it would cost 1-point-7 billion dollars, 100 billion, 400 billion, half a trillion dollars.

And after all of that, today it is his credibility versus that of generals, diplomats, allies, Republicans, Democrats, the Iraq Study Group, past presidents, voters last November, and the majority of the American people.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]No, nothing. Not like slave reparations, now that's a plan! You'd think, Jetdawgg, that with 89% of this country in full support of an immediate Iraq pullout, there would be more outcry from Congress, no? 89%! It's tough to blame the 11% hard-core Republicans, now that they do not control the House or Senate. You have a new Congress, elected on OUT OF IRAQ NOW, yet they're taking NCAA Championship Game-off and No-Smoking in the Lounge stances.

It's not like anyone didn't forsee the entrance of total lightweights to fill the voids left by pigs at the trough. It's the byproduct of having no platform or stance - this country will tire of Pelosi, et. al soon, at this rate probably next week.[/QUOTE]

we should start a poll about slave reparations and see if that gets 11% approval....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I am an independent. I don't care about either party. I sometimes see them as one party any way. If the proper response to this travesty is not met to my liking, there will be plenty of one timers.
    [/QUOTE]

you are an extreme leftist with lunatic views who delludes himself into believing he/it is an "independent"... :yes:

btw: posting more olbremann?? too bad no one saw it as the rating for that horses-a$$ show are again in the toilet...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-11-2007 at 11:24 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you are an extreme leftist with lunatic views who delludes himeself into believing he/it is an "independent"... :yes:[/QUOTE]

From your postion in politics I may look that way, but to others, I look totally different. I am an independent.

If the democrats don't take the proper response to GWB and Pino-Cheney, there will be quite a few on timers.

This used to be a gov't by the people, for the people and of the people. It will be again.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]From your postion in politics I may look that way, but to others, I look totally different. I am an independent.

[/QUOTE]

the majority of people think someone like you- who claims the American goverment always lies yet believes we should sit down with the terrorist leader of Iran and try to understand why he really wants to kill Jews and annihalate Israel- is an extreme leftist lunatic....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]
    This used to be a gov't by the people, for the people and of the people. It will be again.[/QUOTE]

oohh...tough words from someone who also thinks reparations are coming... :zzz:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]we should start a poll about slave reparations and see if that gets 11% approval....[/QUOTE]

What do you get a kick out my ancestry? Why do you mock my ancestry?

I don't find it funny at all. It is not something to joke with me about.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]What do you get a kick out my ancestry? Why do you mock my ancestry?

I don't find it funny at all. It is not something to joke with me about.[/QUOTE]

first- I don't care whehter or not you find any post funny...

second- [B]and let me make this clear[/B]- I am not mocking your ancestry rather completely mocking your ignorant belief that you will somehow receiver a handout from the US government in the form of a reparation....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the majority of people think someone like you- who claims the American goverment always lies yet believes we should sit down with the terrorist leader of Iran and try to understand why he really wants to kill Jews and annihalate Israel- is an extreme leftist lunatic....

oohh...tough words from someone who also thinks reparations are coming... :zzz:[/QUOTE]

I don't make the claim that the American gov't always lies. That is what your eyes see. I said Bush lied.

Most Iranians listen to the same music as Americans. they follow the same culture and icons that the Americans do.

Why should we not sit down with the Iranians and get this right? Why do we have to kill them to get it right? Again, I don't see Iranians posting such hateful messages on the board.

I don't see Iranians posting about reparations in a mocking style on the board. I think that something is ill with people that do that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]first- I don't care whehter or not you find any post funny...

second- [B]and let me make this clear[/B]- I am not mocking your ancestry rather completely mocking your ignorant belief that you will somehow receiver a handout from the US government in the form of a [B]reparation[/B]....[/QUOTE]

It is not part of this conversation. I find it offensive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you are an extreme leftist with lunatic views who delludes himself into believing he/it is an "independent"... :yes:

btw: posting more olbremann?? too bad no one saw it as [B]the rating for that horses-a$$ show are again in the toilet[/B]...[/QUOTE]

Check the web ratings as it works its way around the internet...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]It is not part of this conversation. I find it offensive.[/QUOTE]

boy genius the hypocrite....call out others for something that is "not part of the coversation" yet hr has no problem changing the topic in thread himself..

if you find it offensive too bad....

I find it offensive and ignorant when someone makes allegations/accusations which they cannot back up with evidence when challenged and feel it is the job of others to disprove his allegation....

yet that does not stop you on a daily basis....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Check the web ratings as it works its way around the internet...[/QUOTE]

okay- I'll do that because they really matter.. :zzz:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]boy genius the hypocrite....call out others for something that is "not part of the coversation" yet hr has no problem changing the topic in thread himself..

if you find it offensive too bad....

I find it offensive and ignorant when someone makes allegations/accusations which they cannot back up with evidence when challenged and feel it is the job of others to disprove his allegation....

yet that does not stop you on a daily basis....[/QUOTE]

Mocking my ancestry is out of the question. It is not civil at all. It is my reccomendation that you keep the convo that way.

I don't bring up anyone's ancestry and don't mock anyone's ancestry. You are who you are. You cannot help who you were born.

I am asking for the last time for you not to do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Mocking my ancestry is out of the question. It is not civil at all. It is my reccomendation that you keep the convo that way.

I don't bring up anyone's ancestry and don't mock anyone's ancestry. You are who you are. You cannot help who you were born.

I am asking for the last time for you not to do it.[/QUOTE]

and I'll tell you again- I am not mocking your ancestry- I've made no insulting comments about your ancestors or the place they came from...

I am mocking your lunatic belief that you are in some shape or form justified a handout from the American government/taxpayer in the form of a reparation...

if you want to spin it any other way that is your problem....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-11-2007 at 12:17 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]and I'll tell you again- I am not mocking your ancestry- I've made no insulting comments about your ancestors or the place they came from...

I am mocking your [B]lunatic belief [/B] that you are in some shape or form justified a handout from the American government/taxpayer in the form of a reparation...

if you want to spin it any other way that is your problem....[/QUOTE]

It is one thing to disagree with my politics. It is completely something else to denigrate my beliefs.