Thread: OT: Barry Bonds tested positive for speed?

OT: Barry Bonds tested positive for speed?

So on the news this morning I read that now Bonds had tested postive to a very powerful form of speed and of course he is blaming a teammate again. I just don't get why this guy is not in jail or at a minimum out of baseball? What more damage does he have to do to the game before they take action?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He is the type who's wife would catch him cheating and he would say he slipped and fell inside her vagina..

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    So on the news this morning I read that now Bonds had tested postive to a very powerful form of speed and of course he is blaming a teammate again. I just don't get why this guy is not in jail or at a minimum out of baseball? What more damage does he have to do to the game before they take action?
    This also means he was tested closely for the next 6 months for steroids and other drugs and was negative.
    Give me a break. Most baseball players took speed. The fact is, Bonds is a jerk and a liar, but he gets way more heat than any other player for the Steroids stuff, and it's compeltly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    He is the type who's wife would catch him cheating and he would say he slipped and fell inside her vagina..
    No...he would probably blame a teamate for pushing him into the vagina. The guy is bordering on sociopathic...He flat out refuses to take ownership of anything negative he does, yet demands full credit for anything positive.

**** him...he's a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    Give me a break. Most baseball players took speed. .
    players in the 50's and 60's would not think of playing without being beaned up. this has been going on for DECADES. this is just one example, which was as recent as 2005 -

"Major League pitcher Jason Grimsley detailed for federal investigators illegal amphetamine use that included "coffee pots labeled 'leaded' and 'unleaded'" for players indicating coffee with or without stimulating drugs, according to a redacted federal affidavit.

According to a search warrant affidavit filed April 18 in Arizona District Court by the Internal Revenue Service, Grimsley talked with federal agents about an illegal supply line of amphetamines from Mexico.

He told them that "amphetamines also came from players on California teams that could easily go into Mexico and get them." He also "identified in his words, 'Latin players,' as a major source of amphetamines within baseball."

However, the most stunning revelation was about alleged drug use in the clubhouse.

He told agents that "'everybody had greenies. That's like aspirin.' Grimsley stated that until last year, Major League clubhouses had coffee pots labeled 'leaded' and 'unleaded' for the players, indicating coffee with amphetamines and without.""

Jets Insider VIP
    Not defending him because I do feel he is a steroid cheath but:

What he tested positive for is something that all major league baseball players have been taking for years, and years, and years. I forget the terminolgy they use for it but it is a pill that throughout the 80's, teams used to keep them in a candy jar inside their clubhouse and players would pop them like canyd before day games-after night games.

They were not illegal to use in MLB until last season.

This is not earth-shattering. What is though however is how this information leaked to the public. These tests were test that players voluntarily took because they were assured from both MLB as well as the United States government that all results of any tests would always remain 100% confidential. Somone in the government leaked this. THAT, is bad ......

Barry Bonds is the biggest jerk of all time. How could you be so stupid to take drugs of any sort during the biggest drug investigation of all time? The guys is just a complete bozo.

Then he goes and says that he didnt know what it was, a teamate gave it to him. How stupid can you be? How old are you Barry? Did your teamate hold you gigantic head down and feed you that pill? How many times has this guys throw one of his teamates under the bus? Piece of sh*t!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Not defending him because I do feel he is a steroid cheath but:

What he tested positive for is something that all major league baseball players have been taking for years, and years, and years. I forget the terminolgy they use for it but it is a pill that throughout the 80's, teams used to keep them in a candy jar inside their clubhouse and players would pop them like canyd before day games-after night games.

They were not illegal to use in MLB until last season.

This is not earth-shattering. What is though however is how this information leaked to the public. These tests were test that players voluntarily took because they were assured from both MLB as well as the United States government that all results of any tests would always remain 100% confidential. Somone in the government leaked this. THAT, is bad ......
    They are called amphetamines, or "greenies".

good ol charlie hustle is probably upset that this ******* is still in the game

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yankee
    They are called amphetamines, or "greenies".
    Greenies!

That's the word I was looking for.

Thanks.