Thread: Crazy trade of the day

Crazy trade of the day

Some people think Clemens has a bright future, i'm not a huge fan.

So, ship Clemens to Jacksonville for Leftwich and a fourth rounder. (Jets get a pick too because they have the ability to take leftwich's salary off the books and del rio clearly hates leftwich)

Pennington and leftwich are friends. Leftwich (who's still only 26 now) has the better tools. Pennington can help him get his head on straight. Leftwich rides the pine for a year and becomes the starter at the close of next year.

Rookie
    wow. just wow.

that is crazy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrookBarringer
    Leftwich (who's still only 26 now) has the better tools.
    Speaking of tools

Hall Of Fame

So, ship Clemens to Jacksonville for Leftwich and a fourth rounder. (Jets get a pick too because they have the ability to take leftwich's salary off the books and del rio clearly hates leftwich)

Pennington and leftwich are friends. Leftwich (who's still only 26 now) has the better tools. Pennington can help him get his head on straight. Leftwich rides the pine for a year and becomes the starter at the close of next year.
    why have leftwich ride the pine?..he's a better qb than penny...

not that this trade would ever happen...

Veteran

Out of curiosity what makes you not a "huge fan"?

My first question is why are you not a fan of clemens? We know virtually nothing about the guy still. The Jets did some fancy manuevering to get this guy, they won't toss him aside so quickly. Leftwich is a tantalizing guy because he has a big arm but his decision making is suspect at times.

The problem with this to me is simple: Leftwich is overrated. He's got a laser, true. But he's inconsistent at reading coverages, injury prone, and a terrible athlete.

Banned

NO DEAL

Banned

Do you think he can get yours on straight too?

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    why have leftwich ride the pine?..he's a better qb than penny...

not that this trade would ever happen...
    You are kidding right?......Leftwich is 24-20 in his career with a 58.7 completion rate and 6.73 YPA.....No playoff wins ever and by the way in his only playoff game at New England he put up these stellar numbers 18-31 189 yds...no TDS....1 int....1 fumble and a total of 3 points.....

Jets Insider VIP

I would rather have LEFTWICH then CHAD and his limitations! Kellen has not got a shot at this point. Why do you talk negatively about him? CHAD rode the boards for a year until Vinny got hurt. HERM was critical of the boy wonder saying that he would never be great( he was right) unless he stopped thinking so much!