Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two of my best friends are now going to Iraq

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Two of my best friends are now going to Iraq

My two buddies, both marines, are shipping off within the next few months. I ask you all to keep them in your prayers and wish them a safe return, as well as all of our troops over there. Both broke the news to me today, so it all hasn't set in yet, and I know that everyone in this forum has extremely different views when it comes to the whole situation in the area, however liberals and conservatives can all agree on the fact that the men who volunteer their lives for our country, regardless of their personal beliefs, are nothing short of heroes.

These two men are nothing less than family to me and I've never been this close with anyone whoever went overseas to fight, so once again, please keep them, as well as all our troops over there in your thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 01-13-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Godspeed to your friends. That's going to be a rough trip.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Godspeed to your friends. That's going to be a rough trip.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks paulie, it's funny, my friend Mark (who I've pretty much known since birth) and I are watching the Indy game, and out of nowhere in the middle of the second half, he says, "so I figured you should be one of the first to know this......"

I'm proud and scared to death at the same time to tell you the truth. Proud of the fact that he's willing to do this, but scared to death of what could happen.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Thanks paulie, it's funny, my friend Mark (who I've pretty much known since birth) and I are watching the Indy game, and out of nowhere in the middle of the second half, he says, "so I figured you should be one of the first to know this......"

I'm proud and scared to death at the same time to tell you the truth. Proud of the fact that he's willing to do this, but scared to death of what could happen.[/QUOTE]

wow, that's pretty intense. I hope they both come out alright, physically and mentally.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reservists?

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Thanks paulie, it's funny, my friend Mark (who I've pretty much known since birth) and I are watching the Indy game, and out of nowhere in the middle of the second half, he says, "so I figured you should be one of the first to know this......"

I'm proud and scared to death at the same time to tell you the truth. Proud of the fact that he's willing to do this, but scared to death of what could happen.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Reservists?[/QUOTE]
    Nope, my one friend Don's unit was supposedly going last year actually but never did (don't know exactly why), and he had told us that his unit was actually going to be used to go to Mongolia recently to help train the army there as the US has some involvement there currently. Not sure as to all the specifics as to why he hasn't gone over since the start of the war. To tell you the truth he never got too far in to it and I never thought to ask.

My other friend Mark, who I've previously referred to, went straight to Officer Candidate School (OCS) right after he graduated Rutgers, and finished up only a few months ago.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 01-14-2007 at 12:15 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]wow, that's pretty intense. I hope they both come out alright, physically and mentally.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for Truth and Agreement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, hopefully the US military's soft rules-of-engangement in Iraq are soon modified to let our Soldiers and Marines actually FIGHT and WIN this lousy war.

I'm confident your friends will be OK, though. If they watch the Super Bowl in Iraq it will be a championship game they never forget!

:sbxli:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless them...tell them "thank you" from me...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CB & Paulie C said it all. Are they jewish, btw?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell them both Semper Fi. They are keeping the Marine Corps "Warrior Culture" alive into the 21st Century.

[B][I]once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life [/I] [/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]CB & Paulie C said it all. Are they jewish, btw?[/QUOTE]
    Nope, most of my friends are goy actually. :D

Don's Filipino and Mark is Irish and English, we call him the walking contradiction.
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Tell them both Semper Fi. They are keeping the Marine Corps "Warrior Culture" alive into the 21st Century.

[B][I]once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life [/I] [/B][/QUOTE]
    Will do JD, thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That should matter?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]That should matter?[/QUOTE]

Only in terms of using hebrew names in prayers for their safety. As it is, its something to keep specifically in mind in the general prayer for the safety of American soldiers said in every synagogue

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.

[QUOTE=doggin94it]Only in terms of using hebrew names in prayers for their safety. As it is, its something to keep specifically in mind in the general prayer for the safety of American soldiers said in every synagogue[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]Only in terms of using hebrew names in prayers for their safety. As it is, its something to keep specifically in mind in the general prayer for the safety of American soldiers said in every synagogue[/QUOTE]

you are trying to explain the obvious to the brain dead....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When someone talks about their friends going to war, the last thing I worry about is their religion. You should know what it feels like to wave as everyone else fights for you..

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you are trying to explain the obvious to the brain dead....[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a pretty pathetic thing to ask, if you ask me..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Renaissance10]that is a pretty pathetic thing to ask, if you ask me..[/QUOTE]
    Quite the assumption, "if you ask me.."

Actually it's a pretty thoughtful thing to ask if you had any idea what he was intentions were behind the question. Which were to inquire if they had Hebrew names, because if they WERE Jewish, he'd include their Hebrew names during Temple on Shabbos. But hey, you already knew that, right?

Also, perhaps you knew that doggin and I know each other, and are both aware that the the other is Jewish. Which would lead him to asking about if two of my best friends are also.

But I'm guessing you knew that too, right?

Then again, you could always just keep assuming, "if you ask me.."
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 01-15-2007 at 02:04 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Quite the assumption, "if you ask me.."

Actually it's a pretty thoughtful thing to ask if you had any idea what he was intentions were behind the question. Which were to inquire if they had Hebrew names, because if they WERE Jewish, he'd include their Hebrew names during Temple on Shabbos. But hey, you already knew that, right?

Also, perhaps you knew that doggin and I know each other, and are both aware that the the other is Jewish. Which would lead him to asking about if two of my best friends are also.

But I'm guessing you knew that too, right?

Then again, you could always just keep assuming, "if you ask me.."[/QUOTE]

Lol (sorry I can't resist). :D

Renn the Multi-Screen-Name-Troll has been officially "WTFPWNED". :yes: