Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Jimmah Carter endorsing terrorism against Israel???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Liberal Jimmah Carter endorsing terrorism against Israel???

[QUOTE][B]JIMMY FOR TERROR[/B]

January 15, 2007 -- Has a former president of the United States - a Nobel Peace Prize winner, no less - given his blessing to wanton murder and terrorist assaults against Israel?

Sure looks that way.

How else to read that astonishing statement on page 213 of Jimmy Carter's new anti-Israel screed, "Palestine: Peace, Not Apartheid"?

To wit: [B]"It is imperative that the general Arab community and all significant Palestinian groups make it clear that they will end the suicide bombings and other acts of terrorism when international laws and the ultimate goals of the Roadmap for Peace are accepted by Israel." [/B] (Emphasis added.)

You don't have to read between the lines here.

Carter isn't calling on the Palestinians to give up terror and murder now as a way to convince Israel they are serious about peace. Rather, he says they can wait until they've achieved their goals at the bargaining table. No need, says Carter, to give up terrorism until then.

Certainly, that's how 14 members of the Carter Center's advisory board read that paragraph. Indeed, it's why they angrily submitted their resignations last week.

That's also how Melvin Konner read it. He's a respected anthropology professor at Emory University and had been asked to be part of an academic group meant to advise the former president and the Carter Center on how to respond to criticism of the book.

As Konner wrote to John Hardman, the center's executive director, in declining the invitation: "I cannot find any way to read this sentence that does not condone the murder of Jews until such time as Israel unilaterally follows President Carter's prescription for peace. The sentence, simply put, makes President Carter an apologist for terrorists and places my children, along with all Jews everywhere, in greater danger."

Konner, by the way, is no Carter-basher; he describes the former president as "one of my greatest heroes."

But he is troubled by what he calls Carter's "rigid and inflexible views" that render him "no longer capable of dialogue" on the issue. He is deeply bothered by Carter's "complete failure to engage criticism from much greater experts than me about his numerous and serious errors" of fact in the book.

And he's understandably offended by Carter's "repeated public insinuations that the Jews control the media and the Congress - well-worn anti-Semitic slurs that, especially coming from President Carter, present a clear and present danger to American Jews."

How did this man ever become president of the United States?

He's gone from failed president to friend of left-wing tyrants and global scold of anything that represents America's legitimate interests.

Now, in his bid to demonize Israel (recall that he secretly gave PR and political advice to Yasser Arafat), Carter has turned mythmaker - distorting history and misrepresenting facts, when he isn't making them up altogether.

That's bad enough, of course.

But when he flatly condones mass murder, he goes beyond the pale.

It's time for the Democrats to finally cut all their ties to Carter, who was rehabilitated as a party icon at the 2004 convention. If they don't, Americans should consider the implications.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/01152007/postopinion/editorials/jimmy_for_terror_editorials_.htm[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBTNY spamming away.

This editorial does not even tell you who wrote this.

You give others crap for spamming, but since it is you, well that is a different story.

All your threads are worthy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want an article about this written by a respected scholar, read Harvard Law Professor's article (cannot find link). Also, Carter has turned down invitations to a public debate.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know RJF was reading this book and he thought it was very good. Now that he's back in action in the politics forum, maybe he could weigh in regarding this topic.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]Former President Jimmy Carter's book prompts more resignations at his human rights organization
    GIOVANNA DELL'ORTO The Associated Press
    Article Last Updated: 01/12/2007 08:24:21 AM EST[/B]

ATLANTA -- Fourteen members of an advisory board to Jimmy Carter's human rights organization resigned yesterday to protest his new book, which has been attacked as unfairly critical of Israel and riddled with inaccuracies.
    The resignations at the Carter Center are the latest backlash against the former president's book "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid." The book has also drawn fire from Jewish groups and fellow Democrats, and led to the resignation last month of Kenneth Stein, a center fellow and a longtime Carter adviser.

"You have clearly abandoned your historic role of broker in favor of becoming an advocate for one side," the departing members of the center's Board of Councilors told Carter in their letter of resignation.

The 200-member board is responsible for building public support for the Carter Center. It is not the organization's governing board.

The board's members "are not engaged in implementing work of the Center," Carter Center Executive Director John Hardman said Thursday in a news release.

The book follows the Israeli-Palestinian peace process starting with Carter's 1977-1980 presidency and the peace accord he negotiated between Israel and Egypt. It doles out blame to Israel, the Palestinians, the United States and others, but it is most critical of Israeli policy.
    Steve Berman, an Atlanta real estate developer among those who resigned, said members have "watched with great dismay" as Carter defended the book, especially as he implied that Americans might be afraid to discuss the conflict in fear of a powerful Jewish lobby.

Berman said the religious affiliation of the resigning members, which include some prominent Jewish leaders in the Atlanta area, did not influence their decision.

Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles, said in a statement Thursday that Carter "has only himself to blame" for the resignations because the book was "blatantly one-sided and unbecoming of a former president."

Also Thursday, the Central Conference of American Rabbis, which represents nearly 2,000 Reform rabbis, said it would cancel its visit to the Carter Center in protest over the book when the group holds its convention in Atlanta in March.

The resignations came a day after Carter spokeswoman Deanna Congileo and officials at Brandeis University said Carter will discuss the book at the Waltham, Mass., campus. The Nobel Peace Prize winner will not, however, debate the book with outspoken Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, as Brandeis originally proposed.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.yorkdispatch.com/nationworld/ci_4999820[/url]

[B]Former President Jimmy Carter's book prompts more resignations at his human rights organization[/B]....human rights for who carter? just suicide bombers???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]I know RJF was reading this book and he thought it was very good. Now that he's back in action in the politics forum, maybe he could weigh in regarding this topic.[/QUOTE]
    It's a two-way street in that book.

1. Arab nations have to accept the fact that Israel is there to stay.

2. Israel must stop confiscating Palestinian property at will and treating them as they wish, otherwise the suicide bombings are just going to continue.

In all honesty, the book is in my car, I'll look at the page referenced tomorrow and reread it, I don't remember this specific passage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that is the book, then why all the outrage?

Please post some more from this book. I am interested.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]It's a two-way street in that book.

2. Israel must stop confiscating Palestinian property at will and treating them as they wish, otherwise the suicide bombings are just going to continue.

In all honesty, the book is in my car, I'll look at the page referenced tomorrow and reread it, I don't remember this specific passage.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]It's a two-way street in that book.

In all honesty, the book is in my car, I'll look at the page referenced tomorrow and reread it, I don't remember this specific passage.[/QUOTE]

that's fine, well and dandy...this is about a former leftist-loving President who authors a biased book slanted against Israel, using false facts throughout to make his point...and now this Nobel Peace Prize winner is evidently giving the green light for the terrorism to continue until the Pali's meet there goals...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

More BS from Pino-Cheney...

Cheney says critics of new US Iraq plan play into hands of Bin Laden

[url]http://www.afp.com/english/news/stories/070114185917.d6v75pf8.html[/url]

Democratic Senator Barak Obama, a rising star who may run for president in 2008, countered that Cheney was firing "at a strawman" by claiming the opposition wanted to cut and run from Iraq.

"The vice president has pursued this wrong-headed course throughout the process," Obama said on CBS television.

"What we have suggested is that we begin a phased pullout," he said.

Republican Senator Gordon Smith also reaffirmed his opposition to the Bush-Cheney plan on Sunday.

"This surge is too late and too little, and that it perpetuates the status quo," he said.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Cheney says critics of new US Iraq plan play into hands of Bin Laden

[url]http://www.afp.com/english/news/stories/070114185917.d6v75pf8.html[/url]

Democratic Senator Barak Obama, a rising star who may run for president in 2008, countered that Cheney was firing "at a strawman" by claiming the opposition wanted to cut and run from Iraq.

"The vice president has pursued this wrong-headed course throughout the process," Obama said on CBS television.

"What we have suggested is that we begin a phased pullout," he said.

Republican Senator Gordon Smith also reaffirmed his opposition to the Bush-Cheney plan on Sunday.

"This surge is too late and too little, and that it perpetuates the status quo," he said.[/QUOTE]

what the fuq does this have to do with progressive jimmy carter's book which encourages the suicide bombings to continue?? or just more BS spam???

pino-cheney....is that the new term floating around Dumbasss Anonymous, er Democratic Underground cause I know you sure as hell didn't make it up???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-16-2007 at 09:52 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what the fuq does this have to do with progressive jimmy carter's book which encourages the suicide bombings to continue?? or just more BS spam???

pino-cheney....is that the new term floating around Dumbasss Anonymous, er Democratic Underground cause I know you sure as hell didn't make it up???[/QUOTE]

This article goes to show that the republican agenda is "stay the course"

Why is it that critics of this admin and it's policies are always under attack. Just like Mr. Carter?

[COLOR=Red][B]Cheney says critics of new US Iraq plan play into hands of Bin Laden[/B][/COLOR]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "For the last 30 years, I have witnessed and experienced the severe restraints on any free and balanced discussion of the facts," Carter wrote in the Los Angeles Times last month, in a reference to what may be called The Case for Palestine.

"This reluctance to criticize any policies of the Israeli government is because of the extraordinary lobbying efforts of the American-Israel Political Action Committee [sic] and the absence of any significant contrary voices," Carter wrote.

[url]http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/813159.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]This article goes to show that the republican agenda is "stay the course"

Why is it that critics of this admin and it's policies are always under attack. Just like Mr. Carter?

[COLOR=Red][B]Cheney says critics of new US Iraq plan play into hands of Bin Laden[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

what a complete and total hypocrite....

practice what you preach and stay on the topic...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]that's fine, well and dandy...this is about a former leftist-loving President who authors a biased book slanted against Israel, using false facts throughout to make his point...and now this Nobel Peace Prize winner is evidently giving the green light for the terrorism to continue until the Pali's meet there goals...[/QUOTE]
    Have you read the book CBNY?

It sort of outlines how one possible peace process could work (only Carter kind of explains it backwards).

1. Sovereignty of all Middle Eastern nations gets recognized.

2. This will help sustain, outline, and define true boundries for Israel.

3. The true outlining of borders will help guarentee recognition of Israel.

It's about the need for TRUE borders.

And to say it's an "anti-Israel" book is just false, Carter speaks out against the questionable policies that have been in practice since Olmert took office, which many Israelis themselves question.

How do I know this? I've been there since then, as has my father. And I've heard plenty of people criticize the administration firsthand. Many Israelis are just simply tired of the violence already, and it's not like Olmert has helped that much. The fact is the entire peace process has gone completely backwards since he took office.

Further, the sentence quoted in that article is taken WAY, WAY, WAY out of context. Carter goes on for quite a bit BEFORE that statement about how both sides MUST trust each other if any type of progress is going to be made. Thus, the Israelis have to be 100% sure that it's in their best interest to end the security dilemma and make some sort of attempt to end the violence. The way that all Palestinian groups can justify this is by making it completely clear that the violence on their end WILL END.

Simply put, what should they do? Tell the Israelis that it doesn't matter what they try, the bombings will CONTINUE? No way, it's a way of guarenteeing it's worth it for the Israelis to come to the bargaining table.

I'd also like to make it clear, as I can feel it coming on already, that I felt the same way long before reading Carter's book. And the fact is there probably isn't another man out there in the past few decades who's made more of an effort to help bring peace to the area from an outside perspective. Bottom line, when Carter talks about the Middle East, one has to pay attention.

Lastly, it really drives me crazy that people mistake a book that criticizes Israeli military policy for being a "anti-Israel" book, or an "anti-semetic" book. The book simply criticizes policy, no more, no less.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Have you read the book CBNY?

It sort of outlines how one possible peace process could work (only Carter kind of explains it backwards).

1. Sovereignty of all Middle Eastern nations gets recognized.

2. This will help sustain, outline, and define true boundries for Israel.

3. The true outlining of borders will help guarentee recognition of Israel.

It's about the need for TRUE borders.

And to say it's an "anti-Israel" book is just false, Carter speaks out against the questionable policies that have been in practice since Olmert took office, which many Israelis themselves question.

How do I know this? I've been there since then, as has my father. And I've heard plenty of people criticize the administration firsthand. Many Israelis are just simply tired of the violence already, and it's not like Olmert has helped that much. The fact is the entire peace process has gone completely backwards since he took office.

Further, the sentence quoted in that article is taken WAY, WAY, WAY out of context. Carter goes on for quite a bit BEFORE that statement about how both sides MUST trust each other if any type of progress is going to be made. Thus, the Israelis have to be 100% sure that it's in their best interest to end the security dilemma and make some sort of attempt to end the violence. The way that all Palestinian groups can justify this is by making it completely clear that the violence on their end WILL END.

Simply put, what should they do? Tell the Israelis that it doesn't matter what they try, the bombings will CONTINUE? No way, it's a way of guarenteeing it's worth it for the Israelis to come to the bargaining table.

I'd also like to make it clear, as I can feel it coming on already, that I felt the same way long before reading Carter's book. And the fact is there probably isn't another man out there in the past few decades who's made more of an effort to help bring peace to the area from an outside perspective. Bottom line, when Carter talks about the Middle East, one has to pay attention.

Lastly, it really drives me crazy that people mistake a book that criticizes Israeli military policy for being a "anti-Israel" book, or an "anti-semetic" book. The book simply criticizes policy, no more, no less.[/QUOTE]

I have not read the book nor will I....the anti-Israel sentiment is quoted from many of Carter's associates, many Jewsih, who have a completely different point of view on the book than you...

there have been several threads since the day this topic became an issue sourcing carter's mistakes in the book- (you can research the threads- I ain't)...

Finally:

[QUOTE]Further, the sentence quoted in that article is taken WAY, WAY, WAY out of context. Carter goes on for quite a bit BEFORE that statement about how both sides MUST trust each other if any type of progress is going to be made. Thus, the Israelis have to be 100% sure that it's in their best interest to end the security dilemma and make some sort of attempt to end the violence. The way that all Palestinian groups can justify this is by making it completely clear that the violence on their end WILL END.[/QUOTE]

will end when????

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You won't read it? CBTNY, you really are a follower.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I have not read the book nor will I....the anti-Israel sentiment is quoted from many of Carter's associates, many Jewsih, who have a completely different point of view on the book than you...

there have been several threads since the day this topic became an issue sourcing carter's mistakes in the book- (you can research the threads- I ain't)...

Finally:

will end when????[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]"For the last 30 years, I have witnessed and experienced the severe restraints on any free and balanced discussion of the facts," Carter wrote in the Los Angeles Times last month, in a reference to what may be called The Case for Palestine.

"This reluctance to criticize any policies of the Israeli government is because of the extraordinary lobbying efforts of the American-Israel Political Action Committee [sic] and the absence of any significant contrary voices," Carter wrote.

[url]http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/813159.html[/url][/QUOTE]

CBTNY, please advise on this as it speaks to the subject directly....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]CBTNY, please advise on this as it speaks to the subject directly....[/QUOTE]

no problem....

once you answer the half-dozen challenges put before you to back up your posts with a shred of evidence....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]no problem....

once you answer the half-dozen challenges put before you to back up your posts with a shred of evidence....[/QUOTE]

Your choice. This speaks directly to the subject....Really quiet in here on this one....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Your choice. This speaks directly to the subject....Really quiet in here on this one....[/QUOTE]

sort of like the silince on the evidence that olbermann was beating o'reilly in the ratings...

or o'rielly's ratings were slumping....

or chrissy mathews was a republican....

and so on and so on and so on....

just another example of what a complete hypocrite you are with no knowledge of what you post....