Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ant 24 fans? What do you think so far?

Ant 24 fans? What do you think so far?

As the title says................

I think the show is absolutely fantastic -- last night was unbelievable.

On a deeper, more societal/political/influential plane, I think some of the plot lines are rather interesting. Again, the villains are Islamic terrorists, although this time a former ruthless Islamo-fascist is renouncing terrorism and helping the USA fight terrorism(seemingly).

Meanwhile, the President's sister is obviously playing the part of the super-liberal ACLU lawyer, while not even realizing the people she is trying to protect could be terrorists themselves.

I think it's funny how the writers are trying to make political commentary through this show.

Veteran
    i WATCH IT FOR THE PURE COMEDIC VALUE. the SHOW WAS AMAZING THE FIRST season....then it became repetitive, over the top etc

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It has a Batman (the TV show) quality to it with Jack's ability to withstand and recover from physical beatings and torture almost instantly and the bad guys insistance on coming up with exotic ways of trying to kill him.

I hope King Tut shows up soon :D

[QUOTE=Piper]It has a Batman (the TV show) quality to it with Jack's ability to withstand and recover from physical beatings and torture almost instantly and the bad guys insistance on coming up with exotic ways of trying to kill him.

I hope King Tut shows up soon :D[/QUOTE]

LOL

one thing I will say -- some of the writing is terrible, and some of the acting is downright awful. But I still enjoy it.

Last year I read a review of the last season's finale that said 'We all know that jack is going to save the world. It's just so much fun finding out how." That's kind of how I feel about it:)

I love the moral dilemmas the show sets up. They suck you in like a tornado.

[QUOTE=JCnflies]Last year I read a review of the last season's finale that said 'We all know that jack is going to save the world. It's just so much fun finding out how." That's kind of how I feel about it:)

I love the moral dilemmas the show sets up. They suck you in like a tornado.[/QUOTE]

how about last night when Jack shot Curtis? That was INSANE!

My jaw dropped.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money]...I WATCH IT FOR THE PURE COMEDIC VALUE....[/QUOTE]

I find "American Dad" far more realistic than 24...

"24" more propaganda for the Bush admin....Only on FAUX....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]"24" more propaganda for the Bush admin....Only on FAUX....[/QUOTE]

Yup, you nailed it! Entertainers are secretly conservative and create shows that conflict with all of their public values (or I should say lack of htem.) FWIW, 24 was pitched to the major networks and htey did not want it.

FWIW, 24 started under the Clinton Administation. We'll never know, but maybe if Slick Willy would have watched 24 instead of, say Monica or the Communist News Network, he could have taken the threat more seriously.

Have yuo seen the show? While the terrorism threat is the central conflict, it also deals with civil rights, when has the gov't gone too far, etc. It hardly supports a massive gov't intrusion into our privacy.

[QUOTE=JCnflies]Yup, you nailed it! Entertainers are secretly conservative and create shows that conflict with all of their public values (or I should say lack of htem.) FWIW, 24 was pitched to the major networks and htey did not want it.

FWIW, 24 started under the Clinton Administation. We'll never know, but maybe if Slick Willy would have watched 24 instead of, say Monica or the Communist News Network, he could have taken the threat more seriously.

Have yuo seen the show? While the terrorism threat is the central conflict, it also deals with civil rights, when has the gov't gone too far, etc. It hardly supports a massive gov't intrusion into our privacy.[/QUOTE]

I tried to watch it a few times, but it is too far for me. I thought it was a comedy. I could not believe the level of "make believe".

The primary issue that I see now is that the 'terrorists" are Islamic. Why push that theme to the American public? Who benefits from that? Islam? The anti-war crowd?

C'mon to even allude that there is not any "hidden(?)" agenda here is unreal. Even Pino-Cheney and Rumsfeld have appeared on the show. Propaganda all the way. Only on FAUX....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]"24" more propaganda for the Bush admin....Only on FAUX....[/QUOTE]

you can't be serious

[QUOTE=pauliec]you can't be serious[/QUOTE]

I seriously can't stomach the show. Maybe if they had listed it as a comedy vice a drama....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I tried to watch it a few times, but it is too far for me. I thought it was a comedy. I could not believe the level of "make believe".

The primary issue that I see now is that the 'terrorists" are Islamic. Why push that theme to the American public? Who benefits from that? Islam? The anti-war crowd?

C'mon to even allude that there is not any "hidden(?)" agenda here is unreal. Even Pino-Cheney and Rumsfeld have appeared on the show. Propaganda all the way. Only on FAUX....[/QUOTE]

I have seen every minute of every episode except 1, and neither Rumsfield nor Chaney has been on while I watched.

Jetdawgg, I know that people can have different opinions and the like, but how can you categorically state that Rumsfeld and Cheney were on the show when you don;t even watch it regularly? Now, did you hear from somewhere that they were on it? If so, you need to be more suspicious of your sources.......... funny, but that sounds a lot like what liberals or liberally biased independents acuse conservatives of.

My bad. Let's change that to their "favorite show".

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I tried to watch it a few times, but it is too far for me. I thought it was a comedy. I could not believe the level of "make believe".

C'mon to even allude that there is not any "hidden(?)" agenda here is unreal. Even Pino-Cheney and Rumsfeld have appeared on the show. Propaganda all the way. Only on FAUX....[/QUOTE]

Btw, not all terrorists have been Islamic, though more have than not. Some terrorists have been American, European, south American and Chinese. That covers pretty much every area on the globe. And to be fair, most terrorists are Islamic, so it makes sense that more terrorists would be Middle Eastern.

I know what we can do to make those who feel the Islmaofascists are being unfairly persecuted............ every year we can make the terrorist sfrom everywhere except the Middle East. that will make for a believable setting....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I seriously can't stomach the show. Maybe if they had listed it as a comedy vice a drama....[/QUOTE]

I hope you can see why we conservatives get frustrated. A few posts ago, 24 was a propganda machine for the Bush Administration - even up to and including members of his Administration getting parts in the show - and then, upon being presented with the facts, the situation is rephrased to say it is their favorite show.

Can you imagine how someone who had never seen the show might believe you were telling the truth because your posts carried an authoritative tone?

We conservatives see countless examples of this all the time from the left. Spew as many halftruths and mistruths and politically convenient statements that are completely false. This is exactly why we get upset .......... and the only way the unintiated can elude the lies is if they happen to know the truth about a particular topic.

Sy Syms: An educated consumer is our best customer.
    Conservatives: An educated American is best hope.

[QUOTE=JCnflies]Btw, not all terrorists have been Islamic, though more have than not. Some terrorists have been American, European, south American and Chinese. That covers pretty much every area on the globe. And to be fair, most terrorists are Islamic, so it makes sense that more terrorists would be Middle Eastern.

I know what we can do to make those who feel the Islmaofascists are being unfairly persecuted............ every year we can make the terrorist sfrom everywhere except the Middle East. that will make for a believable setting....[/QUOTE]

The show just does not grab my attention long enough. In all fairness, i don't watch much tv.

[QUOTE=JCnflies]I hope you can see why we conservatives get frustrated. A few posts ago, [B]24 was a propganda machine for the Bush Administration [/B] - even up to and including members of his Administration getting parts in the show - and then, upon being presented with the facts, the situation is rephrased to say it is their favorite show.

Can you imagine how someone who had never seen the show might believe you were telling the truth because your posts carried an authoritative tone?

We conservatives see countless examples of this all the time from the left. Spew as many halftruths and mistruths and politically convenient statements that are completely false. This is exactly why we get upset .......... and the only way the unintiated can elude the lies is if they happen to know the truth about a particular topic.

Sy Syms: An educated consumer is our best customer.
    Conservatives: An educated American is best hope.[/QUOTE]

The show is on FAUX, and Like Tony Snow, the integration of FAUX and the administration is clear. The agenda just looks to close to what is being presented by this administration.

I made a mistake and corrected it. What is the issue now?