Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149

Thread: '08 All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FC, Connecticut......Sec 312
    Posts
    213

    Exclamation '08 All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium

    interesting choice...i wonder if it will collapse in the middle of the game? at least i can get tickets and see an all star game


    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2732682

  2. #2
    sweet! I'll definitely try to get tickets for the game and/or the HR derby.

  3. #3
    i guess it nice to have it there since it will be gone the next year.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by gmortner
    interesting choice...i wonder if it will collapse in the middle of the game? at least i can get tickets and see an all star game


    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2732682

    Why would it collapse?

  5. #5
    maybe the mets in 2011

  6. #6

    Cool

    I'm a little suprised they didn't wait for the new stadium. I guess they figure the WS will be there anyway so...

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,790
    Does this mean the American league will wear pinstripes on the their uniforms? God, I hope not. I'll puke.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanintx
    maybe the mets in 2011
    Well it will certainly means the Mets host the game in their new stadium before the new Yankee stadium.

    Cincy, SD, Philly also all have new parks, so there's a decent chance the Mets wait until 2113. Although Cincy has hosted twice since the Mets in '64, and the Padres and Phillies have hosted as well.

    The questions becomes whether the Mets get penalized for sharing the same city as the Yanks. I guessing with Citibank as corporate sponsor, the Mets wait no longer than 2113.

  9. #9
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Further proof that the Yankees are BETTER than the Mets.



    NOTE: Please don't respond to this if your MLB team hasn't won at least 3 measely World Championships. Thanks.

    SAR I

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Further proof that the Yankees are BETTER than the Mets.



    NOTE: Please don't respond to this if your MLB team hasn't won at least 3 measely World Championships. Thanks.

    SAR I

    have you ever been to Fenway? You live up in that general direction. I would love catch a game at Fenway one day.

  11. #11
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    have you ever been to Fenway? You live up in that general direction. I would love catch a game at Fenway one day.
    Yes. Have seen 4 Yanks/Sox games at Fenway and it's great. Was at the Yankees glorious 19-8 Game 3 victory in the 2004 ALCS, and my wife got a ball from Bernie Williams who made a nice centerfield catch at the 2004 series against the Yanks in April too. We were sitting atop the visitors dugout and he saw us in our Yankee gear and tossed it to her.

    Any time you want to catch a Yanks game up here let me know and I'll get the seats. You get the whores.

    SAR I

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Yes. Have seen 4 Yanks/Sox games at Fenway and it's great. Was at the Yankees glorious 19-8 Game 3 victory in the 2004 ALCS, and my wife got a ball from Bernie Williams who made a nice centerfield catch at the 2004 series against the Yanks in April too. We were sitting atop the visitors dugout and he saw us in our Yankee gear and tossed it to her.

    Any time you want to catch a Yanks game up here let me know and I'll get the seats. You get the whores.

    SAR I

    Great story about Bernie, we're going to miss him when he finally retires.

    I'll let you know if I'm ever up there.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    11,171
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Yes. Have seen 4 Yanks/Sox games at Fenway and it's great. Was at the Yankees glorious 19-8 Game 3 victory in the 2004 ALCS, and my wife got a ball from Bernie Williams who made a nice centerfield catch at the 2004 series against the Yanks in April too. We were sitting atop the visitors dugout and he saw us in our Yankee gear and tossed it to her.

    Any time you want to catch a Yanks game up here let me know and I'll get the seats. You get the whores.

    SAR I
    Seats with obstructed views?? or good seats??

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Further proof that the Yankees are BETTER than the Mets.



    NOTE: Please don't respond to this if your MLB team hasn't won at least 3 measely World Championships. Thanks.

    SAR I
    Man you're a pathetic person, stop living in the past.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,411
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    Man you're a pathetic person, stop living in the past.
    Exactly. I cant wait for the season to begin man!!!!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey Shore/Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Further proof that the Yankees are BETTER than the Mets.



    NOTE: Please don't respond to this if your MLB team hasn't won at least 3 measely World Championships. Thanks.

    SAR I

  17. #17
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    Man you're a pathetic person, stop living in the past.
    Excuse me. Excuse me. Do you have your 3rd World Championship yet?

    Didn't think so. No talkie until you do.



    SAR I

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Excuse me. Excuse me. Do you have your 3rd World Championship yet?

    Didn't think so. No talkie until you do.



    SAR I
    Lick Babe Ruths balls.

  19. #19
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Seats with obstructed views?? or good seats??
    Obstructed views? Ha ha ha. What do you think I am? A Mets fan?



    SAR I

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Obstructed views? Ha ha ha. What do you think I am? A Mets fan?



    SAR I
    I love you.

    Dont avoid me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us