Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama!

Obama!

This guy is the smoothest BS talker since Herman Edwards.

People will try to say he's not qualified for office, but kinda hard to make that case when we've got Dubya.

The voters are mad and they aint gonna take it any more - ladies and gentlemen the 44th President of the USA, Barack Obama.

[IMG]http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/images/HC-GE187_Obama_20051019171820.gif[/IMG]

Obama is following in the footsteps of Lincoln who also had only a few years of high end civic duty before becoming president.

The democrats are putting forth some "fresh blood" for a change.

Personally, I think the majority of the country is just tired and wants desperately to be united by SOMEBODY. Obama in my opinion is the best man for the job. I would be first at the polls to vote for him if he gained the nomination.

Hard to say if they'll give it to him though, the Dem's have been pretty spineless in recent years, who knows if they'll have the balls to use the Obama card yet? There's a ton of talk they want to save him for '12 or '16 when he'd have a much more realistic shot.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Personally, I think the majority of the country is just tired and wants desperately to be united by SOMEBODY. Obama in my opinion is the best man for the job. I would be first at the polls to vote for him if he gained the nomination.

Hard to say if they'll give it to him though, the Dem's have been pretty spineless in recent years, who knows if they'll have the balls to use the Obama card yet? There's a ton of talk they want to save him for '12 or '16 when he'd have a much more realistic shot.[/QUOTE]

I think that this is his 'realistic' shot. '12 or '16 may be too late. I emailed him last week stating that. In '04 it looked safe for Hillary.

The democrats are surely changed this time around. they are listening to the people. They are using Jim Webb to respond to the Bush SOTU address next week.

I also emailed Webb last week applauding him for his leadership (USMC). He speaks truth and is not afraid to do so. That is what is required right now. That is what the people are clamoring for. The democrats are so far responding appropriately.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Live Birth Abortions! :clapper:

Radical Leftist Agenda!! :cool4:

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Obama is following in the footsteps of Lincoln who also had only a few years of high end civic duty before becoming president.

The democrats are putting forth some "fresh blood" for a change.[/QUOTE]

???

Lincoln was elected to public office at the age of 23 as a whig. He went on to become a very influential figure in Illinois state government, and helped to form the modern Republican party. His was an expert politician who was involved in one of the most famous campaign debates in American history.

Obama has only been in politics since 2004.

To put it bluntly, your comparison seriously sucks. And I mean bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pauliec]???

Lincoln was elected to public office at the age of 23 as a whig. He went on to become a very influential figure in Illinois state government, and helped to form the modern Republican party. His was an expert politician who was involved in one of the most famous campaign debates in American history.

To put it bluntly, your comparison seriously sucks. And I mean bad.[/QUOTE]

get used to it....that's going to be the talking point of the leftists the next three years...

in their ignorance they will try to compare Lincoln to hussien obama based on length of time in the senate...

[QUOTE=pauliec]???

To put it bluntly, your comparison seriously sucks. And I mean bad.[/QUOTE]

Let the story play out. 10 Feb 2007 will reveal a lot more than you see now.

[QUOTE=bitonti]This guy is the smoothest BS talker since Herman Edwards.

People will try to say he's not qualified for office, but kinda hard to make that case when we've got Dubya.

The voters are mad and they aint gonna take it any more - ladies and gentlemen the 44th President of the USA, Barack Obama.

[IMG]http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/images/HC-GE187_Obama_20051019171820.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't buy it, I really don't. I would definitely call into question his qualifications as a politician. He's only been a senator since 2004, and before that he has had ZILCHO experience in public office.

To say that that is a step up from Bush may be "humorous" in a partisan politics sense, but it is fundamentally stupid. If you hate Bush and you don't think he is a qualified politician, then that's fine. But if you want a poisitve change and a step-up in political competence, why would you settle for a guy with TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE in politics??

Besides the B.S., what are Obama's actual qualifications? You said it yourself, he's the Herm Edwards of politicians. Why would you want to settle for that???

"You play to win the game! HELLOOO!"

One person I am definitely NOT voting for is Barrack Obama.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Let the story play out. 10 Feb 2007 will reveal a lot more than you see now.[/QUOTE]

just like heil howard dean....same sh!t different day.....

[QUOTE=pauliec] But if you want a poisitve change and a step-up in political competence, why would you settle for a guy with TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE in politics??

Besides the B.S., what are Obama's actual qualifications? You said it yourself, he's the Herm Edwards of politicians. Why would you want to settle for that??? .[/QUOTE]

He's got charisma, he didn't vote for the war and he's a hell of alot smarter than George Bush.

really that's all i need to know.

This is a country that has suffered and continues to suffer through two terms of the worst Presidency in the history of the Union.

if Bush keeps it up, Obama can win in a landslide.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]He's got charisma, he didn't vote for the war and he's a hell of alot smarter than George Bush.

This is a country that has suffered and continues to suffer through two terms of the worst Presidency in the history of the Union.

if Bush keeps it up, Obama can win in a landslide.[/QUOTE]

funny...we heard the same exact sh!t about jean kerri prior to the '04 election...

how'd that turn out???

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]funny...we heard the same exact sh!t about jean kerri prior to the '04 election...

how'd that turn out???[/QUOTE]

Like the '06 elections for 35 republicans.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Like the '06 elections for 35 republicans.....[/QUOTE]

more leftist ignorance- comparing local ignorance to general elections....

[QUOTE=bitonti]He's got charisma, he didn't vote for the war and he's a hell of alot smarter than George Bush.

Hence why the Dems Controlled Congress won't, when it comes down to it, end the War as the promised.

They will talk alot, yell alot, criticise alot, gesture, pontificate, scream......and in the end, vote on nothing. In fact, I'd expect them to do exactly as they are doing now....not voting to end the whole war, but voting to limit the PResidents abillity to reinforce or change tactics, to ensure the War gets no better under Bush's watch.

They will use the ongoing failure of the War, and the rising Death toll, as political tools to get the White House back. And in fairness, I could see the right doing teh exact same thing if the situations were reversed. Sad.

And it very well might work. Not neccessarily for Obama, but for one of their numbers. It certainly isn't particularly unlikely that our next President will be a Democrat.

So Bit, what do you see as good (specificly) under an Obama White House. And please, something a little deeper than "he smart, not like Bush, Bush dumb, grunt, grunt" if you please. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-17-2007 at 11:36 AM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]more leftist ignorance- comparing local ignorance to general elections....[/QUOTE]

35-0. The "General" in charge probably has a lot to do with that outcome.

[QUOTE=Warfish]So Bit, what do you see as good (specificly) under an Obama White House. And please, something a little deeper than "he smart, not like Bush, Bush dumb, grunt, grunt" if you please. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I see an Obama white house first and foremost opening up the diplomatic channels that have been closed by Bush.

I see an Obama white house that isn't scared or dismissive of scientific fact.

I see an Obama white house that doesn't treat the military like a stick of roll on deodorant, to be used up and thrown away.

I see an Obama white house that actually does try to unite the people instead of divide them along partisan lines.

I see an Obama white house that will seek to improve the lot of the poor, as opposed to a Bush white house that seeks to improve the lot of the superrich.

if he manages to do just one of these things it will be a vast improvement.

People talk about his lack of experience, ok what was Bush's experience? 6 years as governor of Texas, that's it. Obama has 3 years in the Senate and 7 years in the State Senate, why is that so different?

[/QUOTE]

if those are your only requirements for President of the United States, then do us all a favor and please don't vote. Thanks in advance.

The was started long before 06, the last time I checked. I might come across as a bigot but here goes. If he wasn't African-American he wouldn't even be on TV! Nobody would care what he said or what he thinks!

[QUOTE=bitonti]I see an Obama white house first and foremost opening up the diplomatic channels that have been closed by Bush.

I see an Obama white house that isn't scared or dismissive of scientific fact.

I see an Obama white house that doesn't treat the military like a stick of roll on deodorant, to be used up and thrown away.

I see an Obama white house that actually does try to unite the people instead of divide them along partisan lines.

I see an Obama white house that will seek to improve the lot of the poor, as opposed to a Bush white house that seeks to improve the lot of the superrich.

if he manages to do just one of these things it will be a vast improvement.

People talk about his lack of experience, ok what was Bush's experience? 6 years as governor of Texas, that's it. Obama has 3 years in the Senate and 7 years in the State Senate, why is that so different?[/QUOTE]

those bulleted points are more or less a lot of wishful thinking. The truth is, no one really knows what to expect from Obama. Unfortunetly, his biggest campaign stance right now is that his name isn't George W. Bush.

Guess what? That's not good enough.