Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: McCain takes up the @$! in Arizona straw poll!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

McCain takes up the @$! in Arizona straw poll!

Looks like the "Republican" darling of the left-wing and the Neo-con fringe took it up the a$$ in a recent straw poll in his own back yard :D

[QUOTE]The poll was taken at the Jan. 13 annual meeting of elected precinct committeemen of the Arizona Republican Party in Maricopa County, which includes the metropolis of Phoenix and is home to roughly 60 percent of Arizona’s population.

A total of 458 party officials voted for their preferred Republican candidates for president — and Duncan Hunter came out on top with 96 votes. Taking second and third place were former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney with 82 votes and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, who received 53 votes.

[b]McCain ran fourth with 50 votes

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/cq/2007/01/16/cq_2124.html[/url]
    [/b].
    [/QUOTE]

I don't expect any responses, because I know most of the JI Republican's here are of big fans of Bush and McCain, but I just wanted to mention the [b]2 reasons[/b] why (I think) the liberal media loves McCain and always promotes him as the top Republican Pres. candidate, despite the fact Senators rarely never get elected president.

1) If a Republican has to win, they would prefer it to be a total raisin-sack, social liberal like McCain, who John Kerry actually wanted to have as his Democratic running mate in 2004.

His pro-war stance doesn't bother the liberals, because the Libs know this war is very unpopular with most Americans and nothing McCain can will sustain this long term.

2) The liberals have a plan for RiNO McCain and Chris Matthews recently tipped everyone off -- [b]exploit his physical handicaps and age[/b], once (if) he wins the Republican nomination.

Anyone who took Political Science 101 in college knows most Americans are indifferent to politics and basically vote for the candidate that looks "more presidential".

Right now, the liberals portray McCain as a strong, proud political figure....But as Matthews stated a few weeks ago on CNBC, McCain's older and not in good shape physically.....Matthews went on to say Hillary was a strong, young woman :zzz:

So once it comes down to McCain and Hillary (or any Democrat), expect the liberal media to regularly show video clips of McCain limping around and tripping all over the place....If they catch him dozing off even for a second, they will use this to show he's a tired old man.

He has no shot, to win an election, much like Dole in 1996.....But it's nice to see the Republican base in Arizona backing some decent men.

Last edited by Riggins44; 01-17-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which JI Republican in here likes McCain?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way that popularity for Hunter carries over to the east, noone knows who he is on this side of the country.

It's very possible if you took that exact same poll, except in the east, you could see the exact same results in complete reverse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]No way that popularity for Hunter carries over to the east, noone knows who he is on this side of the country.

It's very possible if you took that exact same poll, except in the east, you could see the exact same results in complete reverse.[/QUOTE]

Good points RJF....

We'll see about Hunter......I believe the left will do and say anything to discredit Hunter and others like him. If a Republican [b]has to win[/b], they want it to be staunch social liberals like McCain or Guiliani, who impress the New York Times crowd.

That's why the Chris Matthews' and Keith Olbermann's of the world won't even mention Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo, except to briefly bad mouth them! It's alway McCain vs. Hillary or Guiliani vs. Hilliary, as if this is already the pre-determined matchup?

You are right, McCain plays real well on the East-Coast -- the strong "blue states", which Republican's can't win anyway. That's the "plan", have the Republicans chase unwinnable NYC and Boston votes, while their "base" erodes elsewhere in the nation and they lose. Just my point :D

Last edited by Riggins44; 01-17-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]No way that popularity for Hunter carries over to the east, noone knows who he is on this side of the country.

It's very possible if you took that exact same poll, except in the east, you could see the exact same results in complete reverse.[/QUOTE]

they already have and McCain beats every dim challenger......

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]Good points RJF....

We'll see about Hunter......I believe the left will do and say anything to discredit Hunter and others like him. If a Republican [b]has to win[/b], they want it to be staunch social liberals like McCain or Guiliani, who impress the New York Times crowd.

That's why the Chris Matthews' and Keith Olbermann's of the world won't even mention Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo, except to briefly bad mouth them! It's alway McCain vs. Hillary or Guiliani vs. Hilliary, as if this is already the pre-determined matchup?

You are right, McCain plays real well on the East-Coast -- the strong "blue states", which Republican's can't win anyway. That's the "plan", have the Republicans chase unwinnable NYC and Boston votes, while their "base" erodes elsewhere in the nation and they lose. Just my point :D

*[/QUOTE]

why- are people going to vote on who the NY Slimes endorses/likes?? (the left I am referring to)....

I like Tancredo but he doesn't have a chance...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-17-2007 at 09:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]Looks like the "Republican" darling of the left-wing and the Neo-con fringe took it up the a$$ in a recent straw poll in his own back yard :D
    [/QUOTE]

Your knowledge of us Republican/neo-cons just impresses the heck out of me. I'd just as soon vote for my own BM as vote for mcLame.

Don't worry, her thighness hillary or osama bin obama or this dem congress will deal with this illegal problem.

I'll bet you whatever Republican wins the primary will be closer to your agenda than anything they come up with.

Guaranteed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]
    That's why the Chris Matthews' and Keith Olbermann's of the world won't even mention Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo, except to briefly bad mouth them!
    [/QUOTE]
    Actually Hunter was on Chris Matthews last night. What does that do to your mass media liberal conspiracy?
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 01-18-2007 at 10:06 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Actually Hunter was on Chris Matthews last night. What does that do to your mass media liberal conspiracy?[/QUOTE]

He will still believe that it is 'liberal'.

I posted a link in another thread to show that the 'liberal' don't like McCain. He is thru. He is a proponent of the war. Good riddance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Your knowledge of us Republican/neo-cons just impresses the heck out of me. I'd just as soon vote for my own BM as vote for mcLame.

Don't worry, her thighness hillary or osama bin obama or this dem congress will deal with this illegal problem.

I'll bet you whatever Republican wins the primary will be closer to your agenda than anything they come up with.

Guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Weeb, no one is expecting anything from those two.....except the far left....But why must the media constantly throw McRino in our face as the standard Republican?

Because, to them, that's the safest bet -- if a Republican "has to win".

Why can't we find a legitimate Republican candidate, not some neo-con, liberal like McRino or Rudy Fooliani?

I'm not sure how that will be, but let the process play out.....hopefully someone legit will come out...at this point -- and I need to do more research -- but I'd take Romney....at least he looks "presidential".....and sounds okay on conservitive issues.

Tancredo is only "unelectable", because the media wants it this way... :D

The media will allow Duncan Hunter types to speak, but when it gets down to the nitty/gritty they want some sissy Republican to get the nod -- Hence McRino and Fooliani.

Jetdawgg...you misunderstood me..

With all due respect, the liberal elites (like Matthews and Geraldo) are putting McRino forward in hopes he gets the Republican nod....

Why?

1) He's the biggest turd in the world...the Rep. base will turn on his @ss, like they did in Arizona... :mad:

2) This is my main point: He's older and physically handicapped, a bit......if it comes down to Hillary or McRino, the libs will portray Hillary as a strong, young women (she's already in her 60's)....while they will portray McRino as feeble, aging man....Chris Matthews already hinted towards this..

Last edited by Riggins44; 01-20-2007 at 02:08 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]Weeb, no one is expecting anything from those two.....except the far left....But why must the media constantly throw McRino in our face as the standard Republican?

Because, to them, that's the safest bet -- if a Republican "has to win".

Why can't we find a legitimate Republican candidate, not some neo-con, liberal like McRino or Rudy Fooliani?

I'm not sure how that will be, but let the process play out.....hopefully someone legit will come out...at this point -- and I need to do more research -- but I'd take Romney....at least he looks "presidential".....and sounds okay on conservitive issues.

Tancredo is only "unelectable", because the media wants it this way... :D

The media will allow Duncan Hunter types to speak, but when it gets down to the nitty/gritty they want some sissy Republican to get the nod -- Hence McRino and Fooliani.

Jetdawgg...you misunderstood me..

With all due respect, the liberal elites (like Matthews and Geraldo) are putting McRino forward in hopes he gets the Republican nod....

Why?

1) He's the biggest turd in the world...the Rep. base will turn on his @ss, like they did in Arizona... :mad:

[B]2) This is my main point: He's older and physically handicapped, a bit......if it comes down to Hillary or McRino, the libs will portray Hillary as a strong, young women (she's already in her 60's)....while they will portray McRino as feeble, aging man....Chris Matthews already hinted towards this[/B]..

*[/QUOTE]

Sounds like her money is already at work.......