Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netroots elevates the intensity - Bloggers Take on Talk Radio Hosts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Netroots elevates the intensity - Bloggers Take on Talk Radio Hosts

The lead blogger, who uses the name Spocko, said that he and other bloggers had contacted more than 30 advertisers on KSFO-AM to inform them of comments made on the air and to ask them to pull their ads.

The comments were also posted on Spocko’s Web site, spockosbrain.com. In response, ABC Radio Networks, which owns KSFO and which in turn is owned by the Walt Disney Company, sent letters to the site’s service provider, demanding the clips be taken down from its servers. The provider complied, raising the issue of what constitutes fair use of copyrighted material by a critic.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/15/technology/15radio.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    how is this even news?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]how is this even news?[/QUOTE]

it is just another attempt by the facists on the left to stifle free speech...

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136023[/url]

in the end all this has done is help solidify Melanie Morgan, a conservative talk show host in SF, and make her show more popular...hence her advertising rates will eventually rise do to the pea-brains on the lef...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]it is just another attempt by the facists on the left to stifle free speech...

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136023[/url]

in the end all this has done is help solidify Melanie Morgan, a conservative talk show host in SF, and make her show more popular...hence her advertising rates will eventually rise do to the pea-brains on the lef...[/QUOTE]

It is funny how you consider derogatory and hateful name calling "Free Speech"

[I][B]described Senator Barack Obama, Democrat of Illinois, as a “halfrican,”[/B][/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]It is funny how you consider derogatory and hateful name calling "Free Speech"

[I][B]described Senator Barack Obama, Democrat of Illinois, as a “halfrican,”[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

yet another ignorant allegation on your behalf you have no way of proving...

point out SPECIFICALLY where I used that phrase to describe hussien obama...and while you're at it I'm still waiting for you to point out the accusation that I see you as an "anti-semite"....

this is what I see you as; nothing more than a stupid piece of sh!t who throws out allegations at people with nothing to back them up.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-18-2007 at 11:14 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]yet another ignorant allegation on your behalf you have no way of proving...

point out SPECIFICALLY where I used that phrase to describe hussien obama...and while you're at it I'm still waiting for you to point out the accusation that I see you as an "anti-semite"....

this is what I see you as; nothing more than a stupid piece of sh!t who throws out allegations at people with nothing to back them up.....[/QUOTE]

that quote is from the story.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]that quote is from the story.....[/QUOTE]

if that was not meant as an accusation towards me than I apologize to you...

of course I am sure you stop people in their tracks with all the hate-ful speech they use towards the President and VP correct??

I mean halfrican is terribe but Pino-Cheney is a cool term! :yes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]It is funny how you consider derogatory and hateful name calling "Free Speech"

[I][B]described Senator Barack Obama, Democrat of Illinois, as a “halfrican,”[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

and yet, that's exactly what it is: free speech. Like when Chavez called the President of the United States the Devil in front of a global audience, on US soil, no less. He was just practicing free speech.

You can't have one viewpoint without others. Otherwise, you would support fascism, and that would make you a hypocrite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]if that was not meant as an accusation towards me than I apologize to you...

of course I am sure you stop people in their tracks with all the hate-ful speech they use towards the President and VP correct??

I mean halfrican is terribe but Pino-Cheney is a cool term! :yes:[/QUOTE]

No worries. I said before sometimes things are hard to translate in text messaging.

Pino-Cheney is a term I use as I've said before, to describe Mr. Cheney's desire to be a dictator. It is not a term that is used to describe his heritage.

One cannot choose whom they are born, you can choose what you become.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]and yet, that's exactly what it is: free speech. Like when Chavez called the President of the United States the Devil in front of a global audience, on US soil, no less. He was just practicing free speech.

You can't have one viewpoint without others. Otherwise, you would support fascism, and that would make you a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

Again, Free Speech about one's heritage is very hurtful. You cannot choose who you are born to. You can choose who you become and what you believe

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you listened to any show on Air America Dawgg? Are they more or less derogatory and hateful towards their opposition, in your view.

By the way, I listen to Air America all the time, so I know exactly what they say on air.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Again, Free Speech about one's heritage is very hurtful. You cannot choose who you are born to. You can choose who you become and what you believe[/QUOTE]

it is indeed hurtful, I agree. But there's really nothing anyone can do about it.

flushingjet
    Its hurtful!

Yeah!

So ban any mention of hurt speech!

Plus, it's gonna confuse all the 1/2 Puerto Ricans out there!

Like the Caucasians who dont know if people who
    call them crackers are calling them that
    because they're whip crackers (slave drivers)
    white, or their skin is dry and flaky!
    Last edited by flushingjet; 01-18-2007 at 12:08 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Have you listened to any show on Air America Dawgg? Are they more or less derogatory and hateful towards their opposition, in your view.

By the way, I listen to Air America all the time, so I know exactly what they say on air.[/QUOTE]

I listened to them when they first started. I like Mr Riley as he used to be on WLIB in NY a while back. I also enjoy Laura Flanders. She used to be on WBAI in NY a while ago.

When I listed to something in the car, it is generally Jazz (real Jazz). Only in NY do I listen to the radio for talk.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I listened to them when they first started. I like Mr Riley as he used to be on WLIB in NY a while back. I also enjoy Laura Flanders. She used to be on WBAI in NY a while ago.

When I listed to something in the car, it is generally Jazz (real Jazz). Only in NY do I listen to the radio for talk.[/QUOTE]

So in other words, you have absolutely no personal understanding of the level of derogatory and inflamatory speach being carried out daily on Air America and Progressive Talk Radio today, or how it compares with Conservative Radio.

Thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with sending clips of a show to advertisers and saying "you sure you want to fund this?"

That's not fascism; it's smart.

As for the comments:

“We’ve got a bull’s eye painted on her big wide laughing eyes” - nothing wrong with this; its clearly not talking about having Pelosi gunned down.

"Brian Sussman, an evening host on KSFO, described [url="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/o/barack_obama/index.html?inline=nyt-per"][color=#004276]Senator Barack Obama[/color][/url], Democrat of Illinois, as a “halfrican,” because he has one African parent and one white parent. In another, from 2005, he challenged a caller who said he was not a Muslim to prove it by repeating back an insult to Allah. " - these two are absurd, and Sussman should be called on them.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]There is absolutely nothing wrong with sending clips of a show to advertisers and saying "you sure you want to fund this?"

That's not fascism; it's smart.

As for the comments:

“We’ve got a bull’s eye painted on her big wide laughing eyes” - nothing wrong with this; its clearly not talking about having Pelosi gunned down.

"Brian Sussman, an evening host on KSFO, described [url="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/o/barack_obama/index.html?inline=nyt-per"][color=#004276]Senator Barack Obama[/color][/url], Democrat of Illinois, as a “halfrican,” because he has one African parent and one white parent. In another, from 2005, he challenged a caller who said he was not a Muslim to prove it by repeating back an insult to Allah. " - these two are absurd, and Sussman should be called on them.[/QUOTE]

They tried to get them (Melanie Morgan) fired before the corporate campaign....in essence they are trying to silence Conservative talk radio, hence stifle free speech- that is fascism...

the hysterical thing about this is how the NY Slimes finds the story newsworthy.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]So in other words, you have absolutely no personal understanding of the level of derogatory and inflamatory speach being carried out daily on Air America and Progressive Talk Radio today, or how it compares with Conservative Radio.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

My words are what they are. Please take them and don't change them. Your words are your own.

I speak for myself, thank you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]They tried to get them (Melanie Morgan) fired before the corporate campaign....in essence they are trying to silence Conservative talk radio, hence stifle free speech- that is fascism...

the hysterical thing about this is how the NY Slimes finds the story newsworthy.......[/QUOTE]

It is up to the sponsors to make a decision from the info they obtain. The people presented and argument.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]It is up to the sponsors to make a decision from the info they obtain. The people presented and argument.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree yet the timeline of the story is they tried to get her fired first before trying to start a corporate boycott....

and again- why does the Slimes find this newsworthy???

answer- they ran stroies about the triumphant arrival of Err America and ran glowing reports of keith olbermann....

Err America is going the way of the dinasour and more people watch Barney at night than watch olbermann...

hence the next best thing for the Slimes to do is to support the hopeful destruction of conservative talk radio- that which has been incredibly successful and bashes the Slimes daily....