Thread: Yet another example of the loony left

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another example of the loony left

This was a guy just looking for trouble. Just take the T-shirt off and enjoy thew flight. Of course he is now considering a lawsuit, too.

Man Kicked Off Flight for Bush-Bashing T-Shirt
    Reuters
    CANBERRA (Jan. 22)- An airline passenger barred from a flight for wearing a T-shirt labeling President Bush a terrorist has threatened legal action against Australia's flag carrier Qantas.

Allen Jasson, 55, an Australian IT expert who lives in Britain, was stopped from boarding a London-bound Qantas flight at Melbourne Airport last Friday for wearing what the airline said was an offensive T-shirt.

Airline staff said the T-shirt of Bush with the tagline "World's number 1 terrorist" could have upset other passengers and demanded it be changed for another.

But Jasson, who had earlier traveled on a Qantas domestic flight wearing the Bush T-shirt, said his right to freedom of speech had been infringed by Qantas.

"I am not prepared to go without the T-shirt. I might forfeit the fare, but I have made up my mind that I would rather stand up for the principle of free speech," Jasson told Australian media on Monday, adding he would seek legal advice.

Qantas issued a statement saying comments made verbally or on a T-shirt which had the potential to offend other travelers or threaten the security of aircraft "will not be tolerated."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]...an Australian IT expert who lives in Britain...[/QUOTE]

Yup. Classic example of east coast elitist liberal.

Finally. Someone who brings less to the board than I do. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, but a T-shirt that "has the potential to . . . threaten the security of the aircraft?" Excuse me? Is it made of C4?

The idea that an airline can kick you off a plane because of a political t-shirt . . . wow. Of course, he's barking up the wrong tree with his lawsuit; not sure how it works in australia, but as a private carrier Qantas has the right to stifle whatever speech it wants. Breach of contract is about the only thing he can argue. In any event, the negative publicity will probably hurt Qantas more than anything else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]I'm sorry, but a T-shirt that "has the potential to . . . threaten the security of the aircraft?" Excuse me? Is it made of C4?

The idea that an airline can kick you off a plane because of a political t-shirt . . . wow. Of course, he's barking up the wrong tree with his lawsuit; not sure how it works in australia, but as a private carrier Qantas has the right to stifle whatever speech it wants. Breach of contract is about the only thing he can argue. In any event, the negative publicity will probably hurt Qantas more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Good thing it was not written in Arabic....