Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: State of the Union

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

State of the Union

Wow. I didn't think Bush had it in him - he absolutely nailed that speech

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    he certainly did. Very strong speech.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a good speech. I don't agree with some of the things he said in regards to what needs to be done. There's a lot of work to do, lets hope they can work together to get most of what he outlined done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]Wow. I didn't think Bush had it in him - he absolutely nailed that speech[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say he 'nailed it". How do you figure??

I think he did a decent job, considering his past speaches. Briniging up domestic issues such as health care and education was a plus. These are two issues that the left and right could work on together and come up with some solutions in the next 2 years.

But as far as the War in Iraq, he just reused more of the same BS. And for christs sake enough with bringing up 9/11 and Iraq in the same context. You conned Americans into believing there was some connection. There was not! You admitted it yourself! Just stop it!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was one of his better speeches and he tried to strike a conciliatory tone rather than highlight wedge issues to split us apart. With the exception of Iraq where he has just spotty support from some Republicans I think he is closer to most Democratic postions in Congress that he is to the Republican ones.