Thread: Bottom dweller olbermann again shows his embarrassing ignorance...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Bottom dweller olbermann again shows his embarrassing ignorance...

too bad no one saw this leftist garbage..

[QUOTE]Olbermann's Embarrassing Sunni-Shia Goof [Video]
    Posted by Mark Finkelstein on January 23, 2007 - 20:37.
    Add Keith Olbermann to the list of congressmen, intelligence officials and others to manifest an embarrassing unfamiliarity with the players in the civil strife in Iraq. On tonight's Countdown, Olbermann was trying to make the case that "recent claims from the president that Iran is providing advanced weaponry and training to our enemies in Iraq . . . is proving . . . suspect . . . The Bush administration is providing scant evidence to support the claims."

View video here.

And what evidence did Olbermann provide to support his claim? "The Los Angeles Times [is] reporting that journalists traveling with US troops in Iraq have failed to see these extensive signs of Iranian involvement. A recent sweep through a stronghold of Sunni insurgents uncovering only a single Iranian weapon among dozens of arms caches." [Emphasis added].

Uh, well, wouldn't you expect that, Keith? Or weren't you aware that the Shia government of Iran is supporting the Shia militias, such as that of Moktada al-Sadr, in their fight against the Sunnis? Would you be similarly shocked to learn that during the heyday of the troubles in Northern Ireland, not too much support from IRA backers in the US turned up in the hands of the Unionists? Would you be be stunned to be told that not much weaponry from Hamas supporters turns up in the hands of the Israelis?

Now it's true that the Los Angeles Times article Olbermann cited did speak of Sunnis. But either the Sunni reference was a typo or the LA Times is equally as uninformed as the MNSBC host. How could such a supposedly sophisticated observer as Olbermann have blithely parroted the LA Times' line?

Mark was in Iraq in November.

[/QUOTE]
    link contains vidoe of olberman's ingnorant BDS spew...

[url]http://newsbusters.org/node/10342[/url]

Thats pretty funny.

All Pro
    Sounds like an honest mistake to me, not "embarassing ignorance." Surely, Olbermann understands that Iran is run by Shiites.

[QUOTE=parafly]Sounds like an honest mistake to me, not "embarassing ignorance." Surely, Olbermann understands that Iran is run by Shiites.[/QUOTE]

CBTNY is a "trap' republican much like Russert on MTP

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parafly]Sounds like an honest mistake to me, not "embarassing ignorance." Surely, Olbermann understands that Iran is run by Shiites.[/QUOTE]

happens nightly with this lunatic leftist...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]CBTNY is a "trap' republican much like Russert on MTP[/QUOTE]

while jetdawd is an ignorant leftist who posts what he believes is factual evidence yet comes up as dry as a whore who was gang-banged by 1000 guys when asked to back it up with a shred of evidence....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]while jetdawd is an ignorant leftist who posts what he believes is factual evidence yet comes up as dry as a whore who was gang-banged by 1000 guys when asked to back it up with a shred of evidence....[/QUOTE]

Why so mean spirited? Most of my posts are backed up. Why are you such an extremists?

Just like the cloned/uncloned food. Please lighten up.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]happens nightly with this lunatic leftist...[/QUOTE]

Please provide proof. Just because you disagree with his views and opinion doesn't mean that he is factually wrong on a nightly basis.

Two Points: Dawgg.....what matter is Olberman's opinion on War. After all, he never served, and you've been clear that you believe those who don't serve cannot truly understand War. Hence, you must (to ramain intellectually honest and consistant) also agree that Olberman has no legitimatimacy to his viewpoint re: War.

And CBTNY. Dude....Whores, 1000 men, Gang Bang? I know Dawg gets under your skin (as he often does to me as well), but......a little over the top? :eek:

You're better than that bro. I know, you used to debate me and I cannot recall too many references to 1000 men gang banging whoooores......lol.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Two Points: Dawgg.....what matter is Olberman's opinion on War. After all, he never served, and you've been clear that you believe those who don't serve cannot truly understand War. Hence, you must (to ramain intellectually honest and consistant) also agree that Olberman has no legitimatimacy to his viewpoint re: War.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with this premise. It is certainly possible and feasible to have an opinion on something that you have no first hand experience on.

I have never played organized football on any level. Does that mean that I don't have a complete understanding of the game of football? Absolutely not. In fact, in many cases it is easier and more objective to form a knowledgable opinion by observing from outside the box.

[QUOTE=parafly]I don't agree with this premise. It is certainly possible and feasible to have an opinion on something that you have no first hand experience on.

I have never played organized football on any level. Does that mean that I don't have a complete understanding of the game of football? Absolutely not. In fact, in many cases it is easier and more objective to form a knowledgable opinion by observing from outside the box.[/QUOTE]

Is your name Dawgg? :P

I never claimed I agreed with him either. This is his (repeated) position.

It certainly isn't mine.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Is your name Dawgg? :P

I never claimed I agreed with him either. This is his (repeated) position.

It certainly isn't mine.[/QUOTE]

I know, and that wasn't directed at you. ;)

Just wanted to quote the idea.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Why so mean spirited? Most of my posts are backed up. Why are you such an extremists?

Just like the cloned/uncloned food. Please lighten up.[/QUOTE]

mean spirited?? as pointed out previously- no different than your posts just worded differently...

as far as backing up your posts- your extreme leftist contradications are comical at best, pathetic at worst...ala post #91:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1682105#post1682105[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parafly]Please provide proof. Just because you disagree with his views and opinion doesn't mean that he is factually wrong on a nightly basis.[/QUOTE]

plenty of stories and links provided about the former WNBA annoucers lies and BS on this forum- quite easy for you to dig up...

[QUOTE=Warfish]Two Points: Dawgg.....what matter is Olberman's opinion on War. After all, he never served, and you've been clear that you believe those who don't serve cannot truly understand War. Hence, you must (to ramain intellectually honest and consistant) also agree that Olberman has no legitimatimacy to his viewpoint re: War.

And CBTNY. Dude....Whores, 1000 men, Gang Bang? I know Dawg gets under your skin (as he often does to me as well), but......a little over the top? :eek:

You're better than that bro. I know, you used to debate me and I cannot recall too many references to 1000 men gang banging whoooores......lol.[/QUOTE]

Again you are taking things to literal and mixing arguments here. There are certain factors that require expericence.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]while jetdawd is an ignorant leftist who posts what he believes is factual evidence yet comes up as dry as a whore who was gang-banged by 1000 guys when asked to back it up with a shred of evidence....[/QUOTE]

I limit that gang banging to three women at a time :yes: :yes:
    Last edited by Jetdawgg; 01-25-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish]

[/QUOTE]

just a comparison...and good one at that...