Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Global Warming Question

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]I believe sustained high oil prices will have a greater impact on conservation and innovation than subsidies which in my opinion will subsititute big agriculture and big coal for big oil. What we really need is cheap, local, sustainable solutions to reduce energy dependence. They are out there now the price doesn't justify them yet.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head with this one. The problem with changing our energy policy is that it is not fiscally beneficial to the corporations dealing with energy and its production. Raising the taxes on imported oil will encourage and theoretically force these corporations to move in a new direction to raise profits.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=finlee17]I heard Divinity School is for studs only.[/QUOTE]

No...they are OBVIOUSLY biologists... :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs][B]What we really need is cheap, local, sustainable solutions to reduce energy dependence. They are out there now the price doesn't justify them yet.[/B][/QUOTE]

I would be interested in knowing more about what is out there. My wife and I have tried to look at eliminating natural gas and electrical power from our house and try and run on solar, wind, etc... but we cannot do anything living in the city.

We cannot afford to build a house, so we would love to know more about options...

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve]I would be interested in knowing more about what is out there. My wife and I have tried to look at eliminating natural gas and electrical power from our house and try and run on solar, wind, etc... but we cannot do anything living in the city.

We cannot afford to build a house, so we would love to know more about options...[/QUOTE]

There is definitely residential solar power outfitters in Ontario. It's pretty expensive to install and you probably need an unobstructed southern roof section to do it. Chances are if it can be done the State will give you a direct tax credit. Go on line and check for you location.

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve]No...they are OBVIOUSLY biologists... :yes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah... but for some reason I can't score with those hotties!
    Attached Images Attached Images