Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Media Has No (Stated) Agenda

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Media Has No (Stated) Agenda

[url]http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006742.htm[/url]

Unreal.

Cindy wants to plant a rose, truckloads of people. Tens of thousands of "Abortion Foes" come to Washington...nothing happened.

Foes? Of Abortion...meaning our dear friend, abortion.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this in Catholic Weekly not too long ago- the non-media coverage of the anti-abortion rally....

just shows the culture of death worshiped by liberals and their mouthpieces in the media....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]just shows the culture of death worshiped by liberals and their mouthpieces in the media....[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, conservatives all over the country are praising capital punishment as fit and necessary justice... :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I read this in Catholic Weekly...[/QUOTE]

Jesus not good enough for a magazine everyday? I see how it is.... :D

Ok..speaking of this "agenda". CBTNY, you probably consider me a flaming stem-cell eating liberal. I want to know...what is this "agenda" that I have. And pray do tell, what culture of death do we worship?

Be specific if you can. And lay off the over-the-top dry whore gang bang references...

Seriously...what is the liberal agenda?

One other thing, since you hate the idea of global warming so much, what do legitimate scientists have to gain by promoting the idea that mankind is having an effect on the worlds climate? What ulterior motives do they have?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Meanwhile, conservatives all over the country are praising capital punishment as fit and necessary justice... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

typical idiot liberal comparison....

a fetus or in some cases a baby born of a botched abortion (see hussien obama) with no one to stand up for him/her and whose life and death comes down to the decision of a single person...

versus a convicted felon that's usually taken the life of one or more innocent individuals, gets the opportunity to stand trial before his/her peers, gets the chance of one or more appeals, gets the chance of several stays and gets the chance of clemency....

yeh- seems like a fair comparison... :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Jesus not good enough for a magazine everyday? I see how it is.... :D [/QUOTE]

I'm sure getting rump roasted by the boys in cell block six gave you a different view of the world.... :moon:

[QUOTE]Ok..speaking of this "agenda". CBTNY, you probably consider me a flaming stem-cell eating liberal. I want to know...what is this "agenda" that I have. And pray do tell, what culture of death do we worship?

Be specific if you can. And lay off the over-the-top dry whore gang bang references...

Seriously...what is the liberal agenda?[/QUOTE]

abortion (death) on demand.....

[QUOTE]One other thing, since you hate the idea of global warming so much, what do legitimate scientists have to gain by promoting the idea that mankind is having an effect on the worlds climate? What ulterior motives do they have?[/QUOTE]

wrong thread genius....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-26-2007 at 06:55 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even need to read the article to know the Mass Media has an agenda. If you doubt that, read Chomsky's manufacturing consent....that should change your mind....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]typical idiot liberal comparison....

a fetus or in some cases a baby born of a botched abortion (see hussien obama) with no one to stand up for him/her and whose life and death comes down to the decision of a single person...

versus a convicted felon that's usually taken the life of one or more innocent individuals, gets the opportunity to stand trial before his/her peers, gets the chance of one or more appeals, gets the chance of several stays and gets the chance of clemency....

yeh- seems like a fair comparison... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Typical self-righteous conservative views...

Convicted felon = human being
    Fetus = Group of cells that will one day become a human being

I don't support partial birth abortions, but at the same time, I don't believe the government has the right to force a woman to give birth.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Typical self-righteous conservative views...

I don't support partial birth abortions, but at the same time, I don't believe the government has the right to force a woman to give birth.[/QUOTE]

what's self righteous about it??

have most of the convicted felon's on death row killed one or more people??

did the new poster boy for the rat race in '08 support live birth abortions??

and staying with the topic of the thread- did the media dismiss/ignore this rally in DC after annually giving wall-to-wall coverage to the "pro-choice" (laughable term) rally's??

get your facts straight.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-26-2007 at 07:55 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what's self righteous about it??[/QUOTE]

Trying to push your personal moral values on other people.

[QUOTE]have most of the convicted felon's on death row killed one or more people??[/QUOTE]

Who cares? Who are we to judge whether or not a person should lose their life for a crime or crimes?

[QUOTE]did the new poster boy for the rat race in '08 support live birth abortions??[/QUOTE]

What does Obama have to do with anything? He's not even leading Democrats at this point.

[QUOTE]and staying with the topic of the thread- did the media dismiss/ignore this rally in DC after annually giving wall-to-wall coverage to the "pro-choice" (laughable term) rally's??[/QUOTE]

Abortion rallies whether pro choice or pro life happen all the time. Hardly newsworthy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Who cares? Who are we to judge whether or not a person should lose their life for a crime or crimes?[/QUOTE]

A Civil & Rightious Society, that must protect itself from those who would do us the ultimate Harm.

I'd be interested to know if you position would change, if perhaps you Mother, and your Sister were brutally raped in their anusus by a mad-man with a large metal Rod. And then that Mad-Man beat your Mother and Sister to death with that same now-****-and-blood covered rod. But not all at once. Slowly, to make sure they suffered. I wonder if you'd be so smugly self-****ing-rightious and liberal about the value of their "human lives" then.

But maybe you're right. Who are we to judge, eh?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Trying to push your personal moral values on other people.[/QUOTE]

you can believe whatever you want- I could care less...the way the pro-abortion crowds disguises themselves as "pro-choice" I can equally call them out as "pro-death"....

[QUOTE]Who cares? Who are we to judge whether or not a person should lose their life for a crime or crimes?[/QUOTE]

classic liberal hypocrisy....didn't you just accuse me of trying to push my personal moral values on other people??

[QUOTE]What does Obama have to do with anything? He's not even leading Democrats at this point.[/QUOTE]

you must live in a cave not to acknowledge, obama, who supported live birth abortions, is not a darling of the liberal media....

and finally.....

[QUOTE]Abortion rallies whether pro choice or pro life happen all the time. Hardly newsworthy.[/QUOTE]

all you've just done is prove the point of sackdance who started this thread for while you may not consider them "newsworthy" the liberals who run the news in this counrty biasedly give wall to wall coverage of pro-death/abortion rallies while dismissing anti-abortion rallies...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Typical self-righteous conservative views...

I don't support partial birth abortions, but at the same time, I don't believe the government has the right to force a woman to give birth.[/QUOTE]

Where did everyone get this notion that its a women's right to have an abortion? Why is it that a woman is allowed to commit murder so she can live a consequence free life? When it boils down to it, a woman wants to be able to have sex and not run the risk that she could get pregnant...end of story.

Well, that sounds like a very far-left liberal attitude. Do I think some abortions should be performed? Absolutely...if a woman's life is in danger, if the child has died inside the woman and they must remove it for the survival of the woman. Perhaps even in cases of incest and rape. But feminists will tell you this option needs to be there in case these things happen. However, over 98 percent of abortions are for one reason: someone has gotten pregnant, its too inconvenient, and they want to kill the baby....

Someone, explain to me how this makes sense?
    Does it contradict capital punishment? No...Murder by definition is the act of killing someone or something intentionally. So by definition, abortion is murder. I know everyone likes to tap dance around it, but call a spade a spade.

Capital punishment is the punishment of the commtting of murder. If you choose to take a human life on purpose, the punishment is death. Do I think it should be enforced? Yes, but under very strict guidelines. If someone walks up to someone in a court and shoots a person in front of at least two witnesses, then that is one thing. However, if there are no witnesses to the crime (meaning, they did not actually see someone do it), then a person should get a maximum jail sentence. Only under circumstances in which there is absolutely no doubt of guilt, and at least two cooberating witnesses to the crime.

I don't have time to look up the statistics, but criminal rehabilition is a great idea in theory that does not work in real life. And why should it? Why should someone get the opportunity to rehabilitate themselves after taking the life of another person? Rehabilition in its original intent was to get a criminal to admit what they had done in order to get them "right with God." Now it means we should spend HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars to they can be counselled, have three square meals, watch tv, workout, get a college education, and come out better off than when they went in (at no charge to them).

How do you think the victims of such crimes feel?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]A Civil & Rightious Society, that must protect itself from those who would do us the ultimate Harm.

I'd be interested to know if you position would change, if perhaps you Mother, and your Sister were brutally raped in their anusus by a mad-man with a large metal Rod. And then that Mad-Man beat your Mother and Sister to death with that same now-****-and-blood covered rod. But not all at once. Slowly, to make sure they suffered. I wonder if you'd be so smugly self-****ing-rightious and liberal about the value of their "human lives" then.

But maybe you're right. Who are we to judge, eh?[/QUOTE]

What is civil and righteous about killing someone? Murder is wrong, filthy, and immoral if an individual commits it, but acceptable, moral, and necessary if it is government sponsored? A person that is locked up for the rest of their lives to wallow in their pity is not a harm to society.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]What is civil and righteous about killing someone? Murder is wrong, filthy, and immoral if an individual commits it, but acceptable, moral, and necessary if it is government sponsored? A person that is locked up for the rest of their lives to wallow in their pity is not a harm to society.[/QUOTE]

Don't make me laugh. What is Civil and Rightious about it is Society protecting itself and it's members from abhorrant and dangerous indiviiduals who CHOOSE to engage in the ultimat eabuse of, and removal of, freedom. Activity that kills others, and that activity has consequences.

Again, tell me that if someone brutally rapes and kills your Mother, you'd be happy and feel satisfied when he gets 15 years, out in 10.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you can believe whatever you want- I could care less...the way the pro-abortion crowds disguises themselves as "pro-choice" I can equally call them out as "pro-death"....[/QUOTE]

You say that I can believe whatever I want and you could care less, but the actions of conservatives do not support that. You view abortions as morally wrong, and you try to force these same beliefs on people who do not agree.

[QUOTE]classic liberal hypocrisy....didn't you just accuse me of trying to push my personal moral values on other people??[/QUOTE]

People supporting the murder of a human being are the ones making a moral judgement, not the people trying to eliminate it.

[QUOTE]you must live in a cave not to acknowledge, obama, who supported live birth abortions, is not a darling of the liberal media....[/QUOTE]

Seems to me like you spend more time talking about Obama than the "liberal" media.

[QUOTE]all you've just done is prove the point of sackdance who started this thread for while you may not consider them "newsworthy" the liberals who run the news in this counrty biasedly give wall to wall coverage of pro-death/abortion rallies while dismissing anti-abortion rallies...[/QUOTE]

LOL at liberal media.

There hasn't been wall to wall coverage of abortion rallies since the 1970's. Welcome to the new millennium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Don't make me laugh. What is Civil and Rightious about it is Society protecting itself and it's members from abhorrant and dangerous indiviiduals who CHOOSE to engage in the ultimat eabuse of, and removal of, freedom. Activity that kills others, and that activity has consequences.

Again, tell me that if someone brutally rapes and kills your Mother, you'd be happy and feel satisfied when he gets 15 years, out in 10.[/QUOTE]

Eye for an eye just doesn't do it for me. Seems barbaric and unnecessary. Our society should be better than that.

Rape and murder would command a life sentence. 15 out in 10 is a joke.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yawn

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Meanwhile, conservatives all over the country are praising capital punishment as fit and necessary justice... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    In tens of thousands, uncovered by the media? Break the story for everyone, sparky.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are over 1 million homeless children in the U.S. now. How about taking care about the children that are here now.

Some people should not have children and society is left trying to figure out ways to take care of these unwanted children.

A lot of these unwanted children grow up to be the criminals we fear.

Abstenance has not been working out very well.

Do you think the majority of criminals come from good homes?