Thread: OT: Roger Clemens not ready to say if he'll return in '07

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Roger Clemens not ready to say if he'll return in '07

Clemens not ready to say if he'll return in '07

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    Posted: 36 minutes ago

ROUND ROCK, Texas - Seven-time Cy Young winner Roger Clemens isn't prepared to say whether he'll be back for another season.

"I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. I'll make that decision when it comes," Clemens said in a story for Monday's editions of The Daily Texan. "I'm in good shape, but I'm nowhere near baseball shape. Mentally, it's going to be another challenge for me."

Clemens, a free agent who had a 7-6 record in a shortened season with the Houston Astros last year, said teammates got him to come back last year.

"If somebody makes a phone call, and I think I can do it again physically, I probably could," Clemens said. "The only reason why I'd continued to play was because of my teammates calling me."

He said he is enjoying working with younger players.

"We've got in Houston our elite camp on Monday and Tuesday, so that'll be fun," he said Saturday after throwing the ceremonial first pitch for the Texas Longhorns' alumni game.

Clemens is choosing among returning to the Astros, retiring or rejoining the Yankees or Boston Red Sox, his first major league team.

Clemens' agent, Randy Hendricks, said earlier this month that if the Rocket pitches, he probably wouldn't start his season until May or June.
    I probably should have put this in the MLB Forum, but since its the offeseason I figured I'd just make it "OT".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't Kellen under contract until 2009?

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Title is very misleading.... Maybe better for the MLB forum...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322
    He knew what he was doing..He mislead on purpose! Just like when someone would post Chad get's hurt in practice out for the year! And it's Chad Jones!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322

If it were Kellen Clemens, it wouldn't be OT. And I stated that I should have put it there (the MLB Forum) but I didnt because its the offseason... so calm down buddy!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Roger is basically saying that he doesn't feel like playing until about July and he knows the Yankees and/or Red Sox will give him 15 million dollars for 15 starts and a postseason. What a joke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bait and switch I tell ya!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why dont he and Brett Favre go jump off a cliff and see if anyone cares.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only a really stupid person would think the title is misleading.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If somebody makes a phone call, and I think I can do it again physically, I probably could," Clemens said. "The only reason why I'd continued to play was because of my teammates calling me."

rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhttttt. The same teamates who you wouldn't see half the season and wouldnt have to travel with on the road.

What a fraud. Just admit that you want a ton of money for a few months work you complete FRAUD.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2

rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhttttt. The same teamates who you wouldn't see half the season and wouldnt have to travel with on the road.

What a fraud. Just admit that you want a ton of money for a few months work you complete FRAUD.

Are you a Sox fan FF2? He could end up with them as well.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    typical Clemens. He won't "decide" until a few weeks before the deal is done.

As a Yankees fan, I don't really care about his attitude as long as he can still produce off the mound. He knows how Steinbrenner is, he knows what it's like to play for the Yankees, he knows how to play the game, so to speak. If he comes back I'm confident he'll be a big help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks81
    Are you a Sox fan FF2? He could end up with them as well.
    He can take his 7-6 record and stay in Houston with Kiby, Kobie, Koobie, KeeKee and KaKa.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Very misleading.

I read the title of the thread and thought to myself, "Holy Sh*t, you can't be serious!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    typical Clemens. He won't "decide" until a few weeks before the deal is done.

As a Yankees fan, I don't really care about his attitude as long as he can still produce off the mound. He knows how Steinbrenner is, he knows what it's like to play for the Yankees, he knows how to play the game, so to speak. If he comes back I'm confident he'll be a big help.
    Yeah, but as a Yankee fan you would love Steinbrenner to pay 10 million dollars each for four "magic beans" if it would win the team a championship so what a Yankee fan thinks really isn't the compelling issue.

The compelling issue is that Roger Clemens is scum. He couldn't care less about the teammates or the team or his legacy for that matter. He wan't the dough and doesn't want to work for it. That simple.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's funny, I thought it was a story about Roger the whole time.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
    Yeah, but as a Yankee fan you would love Steinbrenner to pay 10 million dollars each for four "magic beans" if it would win the team a championship so what a Yankee fan thinks really isn't the compelling issue.

The compelling issue is that Roger Clemens is scum. He couldn't care less about the teammates or the team or his legacy for that matter. He wan't the dough and doesn't want to work for it. That simple.

well, that's the business of baseball, what can I tell you. And as long as Clemens has the stuff, he'll be asking for the money and people will be paying him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but if he added the Roger it wouldn't have been as much fun.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, that's the business of baseball, what can I tell you. And as long as Clemens has the stuff, he'll be asking for the money and people will be paying him.
    Not just people, be specific the Sox or Yankess.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its safe to say that most people did. Most sensible baseball fans anyway. Especially because it was "OT"