Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Task Force 145 Takes Out Bin Laden's Brother In Law In Madagascar

They made a documentary about Fox's 'balanced reporting': called Outfoxed or something.

Rupert Murdoch knows how to get readers/viewers: and I can tell you it is by appealing to the lowest level in your brain, not by being balanced.

[QUOTE=bitonti]so catch me up here

we won the war on terror by killing Bin Ladin's cousin's uncle's mother's hairstylist's brother in law?
    [/QUOTE]
    Ask yourself why you feel compelled to belittle anything that can be construed as success. It's an ineffective tactic of debate and possibly an unhealthy character trait.

What makes you so sure this is insignificant? Are you an authority on Islam on Madagascar?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Ask yourself why you feel compelled to belittle anything that can be construed as success?[/QUOTE]

[B]We have heard it all before...[/B]
    [IMG]http://www.phillyist.com/attachments/philly_nicole/mission-accomplished.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan][B]We have heard it all before...[/B]
    [IMG]http://www.phillyist.com/attachments/philly_nicole/mission-accomplished.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

The mission accomplished refered to the aircraft carrier getting back home after accomplishing it's mission.

You know that, but then again you're a liberal so you do what liberals do best.

Lie and tell half truths.....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]
    Lie and tell half truths.....[/QUOTE]

ya mean like telling people if we don't take out Saddam Hussain he's gonna nuke us?

[QUOTE=bitonti]ya mean like telling people if we don't take out Saddam Hussain he's gonna nuke us?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anyone saying that.

Again, another commie telling lies and half truths.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]I don't recall anyone saying that.

Again, another commie telling lies and half truths.[/QUOTE]

Sh it mate, didn't the communists die out in the 80's? I thought Ronnie Reagan had beaten them all into a pulp?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]I don't recall anyone saying that.

Again, another commie telling lies and half truths.[/QUOTE]

Does "smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud" ring a bell? Not only was it said, it was said in the most publicized speech of the year, the State of the Union.

[QUOTE=Black Death]Sh it mate, didn't the communists die out in the 80's? I thought Ronnie Reagan had beaten them all into a pulp?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they are alive and well.

They call them Democrats nowadays.....

[QUOTE=parafly]Does "smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud" ring a bell? Not only was it said, it was said in the most publicized speech of the year, the State of the Union.[/QUOTE]

I believe what was refered to was that Iraqi WMD's could be given to terrorists who could use them on us.

I don't recall anyone saying Saddam himself would nuke us.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]I believe what was refered to was that Iraqi WMD's could be given to terrorists who could use them on us.

I don't recall anyone saying Saddam himself would nuke us.[/QUOTE]

The end results are the same. In both cases, Saddam's actions would lead to a nuclear attack on the US. Clearly, that was wrong. Nice attempt at spinning though.

[QUOTE=parafly]The end results are the same. In both cases, Saddam's actions would lead to a nuclear attack on the US. Clearly, that was wrong. Nice attempt at spinning though.[/QUOTE]
    No, clearly it was right. Saddam, obviously, will never nuke us and it's safe to say that Iraq won't nuke anyone, either. I'll put that in the bank, we might be half-done in the Mid-East.

Which leads us to Iraq's neighbor. Apparently to many around here, Iran, when finished their debate about whether the Holocaust happened or not, is to be trusted with nukes.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parafly]The end results are the same. In both cases, Saddam's actions would lead to a nuclear attack on the US. Clearly, that was wrong. Nice attempt at spinning though.[/QUOTE]

another pathetic example of the liberal passive/reactive strategy/mind frame....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]another pathetic example of the liberal passive/reactive strategy/mind frame....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your contribution and great insight.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]The mission accomplished refered to the aircraft carrier getting back home after accomplishing it's mission.[/QUOTE]

ROTFLAO. Sure it did. And when they said they would "Welcome us with open arms" they meant open arms full of washing machine parts and unexploded munitions to make roadside bombs.

I have to admit, however, that is a great way to explain the banner. Kudos to your really really good line of BS...

Weeb, Weeb. Is that you?

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]Unfortunately they are alive and well.

They call them Democrats nowadays.....[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sackdance]No, clearly it was right. Saddam, obviously, will never nuke us and it's safe to say that Iraq won't nuke anyone, either. I'll put that in the bank, we might be half-done in the Mid-East.

Which leads us to Iraq's neighbor. [B] Apparently to many around here, Iran, when finished their debate about whether the Holocaust happened or not, is to be trusted with nukes[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hey, nothing has empowered Iran more than our ill-advised invasion of Iraq

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Hey, nothing has empowered Iran more than our ill-advised invasion of Iraq[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you're confusing "empowered" with "emboldened". It wasn't so long ago Saddam felt emboldened enough to defy the UN, compensate suicidal terrorists, and plot the assassination of an ex-US President. Soon enough, he was found in a spider hole and later executed. And, by the way, nothing encourages an emboldened Iran more than the "patriotic" anti-war "movement" in the US.

[QUOTE=sackdance]Perhaps you're confusing "empowered" with "emboldened". It wasn't so long ago Saddam felt emboldened enough to defy the UN, compensate suicidal terrorists, and plot the assassination of an ex-US President. Soon enough, he was found in a spider hole and later executed. And, by the way, nothing encourages an emboldened Iran more than the "patriotic" anti-war "movement" in the US.[/QUOTE]

I doubt, from their comments, that the Iranian authorities could give a rats arse about the US anti-war movement.

At one stage, I do recall, Saddam was emboldened by weaponry and support from the US itself; he was also emboldened by friendly visits from people like Donald Rumsfield. "How ya going, Saddam?! Wanna spend some of those petro dollars on some of our mustard gas? Those kurds up north could do with some mustard fumes with their dinners."

Saddam also was emboldened enough to invade Iran, I do recall; how many dead after that fracas? Up to a million? He did so with the support of the US government at the time.

The Iranians are as crazy as any government across the globe, but they have very good reasons to be angry at the USA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Being against the war doesn't embolden anyone. It's just a bullsh*t catchphrase used by people who are grasping for straws as to the reason the Bush administration has been so inept at fighting the war. Don't blame the people ACTUALLY responsible for policy and personnel decisions, blame the people who clamor for change. Yup. That's the American way...