Thread: Celtic FC to face MLS All-Stars

Hall Of Fame

Celtic FC to face MLS All-Stars

http://www.celticfc.net/newsroom/news.aspx?id='2007-01-25_1729pc'

Outside of Denver, Thursday, July 19 at the Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado. This is a tough one for me, I want both to play well but I have to pull for the US team to win.

I expect my bhoys (not a spelling mistake) to win easily.

GO ON THE CELTS!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I expect my bhoys (not a spelling mistake) to win easily.

GO ON THE CELTS!
    I love watching the Celtic play but I will always go for the USA first.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    I love watching the Celtic play but I will always go for the USA first.
    It is an All-Star team. I bet a good amount of the players playing aren't American.

There is always two teams to support

Being Scottish I support two teams...Scotland and whoever is playing England...

And being a Rangers fan....supporting two teams Rangers and whoever are playing Celtic...

Sorry for being small minded...

Quote Originally Posted by tinster000
    Being Scottish I support two teams...Scotland and whoever is playing England...

And being a Rangers fan....supporting two teams Rangers and whoever are playing Celtic...

Sorry for being small minded...
    Rangers fan spit on me and my father at a game. My fathers 350 lbs friend knocked him unconscious. I was 9 or so at the time

The other side

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Rangers fan spit on me and my father at a game. My fathers 350 lbs friend knocked him unconscious. I was 9 or so at the time
    See that's not the spirit of the game and guy got what was coming to him...Always annoy's me when it goes that far

Cheers Sean and New York Mick, long time no see, I came over to see how you guys are doin, I figured if I looked in the soccer thread I would find something on Celtic, quite a season this year. I also have a good homeland security story I will PM both of you when I went from Canada to San Francisco

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe Tone
    Cheers Sean and New York Mick, long time no see, I came over to see how you guys are doin, I figured if I looked in the soccer thread I would find something on Celtic, quite a season this year. I also have a good homeland security story I will PM both of you when I went from Canada to San Francisco
    Wolfe you Irish bastard, long time brother. Welcome to JI and the Celtic are having a great year to bad they only got a try against AC Milan because it's going to be tough to beat them on the own turf. Glad you came by, at night check out the Late Night Thread it's good some nights.

cheers, I will for sure

Hall Of Fame
    The Bhoys fell a little short of advancing into the next round but they played well and made the fans proud.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    The Bhoys fell a little short of advancing into the next round but they played well and made the fans proud.
    We are proud.

All League
    Lucky Olympiakos or Panathinaikos and maybe AEK isn't involved.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tinster000

Celtic, Celtic!!!!!!

Champions scoop top awards

Paul Cuddihy
    JUST hours after winning the Scottish Premierleague title for the second consecutive season, Celtic enjoyed a successful night at the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association Awards.

Gordon Strachan was named Manager of the Year – the first time the SPFA has handed out such an award - while Shunsuke Nakamura won the prestigious Players’ Player of the Year Award, the ninth time in the past 11 seasons that a Celtic player has picked up the award.

Not only that, but Nakamura’s sublime chip in the 2-2 draw against Dundee United at Celtic Park on Boxing Day was voted Goal of the Season.

Gordon Strachan has enjoyed tremendous success since his arrival at the club in 2005. Last season he won the SPL title and the CIS Cup, and this season, as well as retaining the league title, he has guided Celtic into the Scottish Cup final and led the team to the last 16 of the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history.

Accepting the award on his manager's behalf, Celtic captain Neil Lennon told the assembled audience of the squad’s joy at having clinched the title at Rugby Park earlier that day.

“It’s a magic feeling,” Lennon said. “No matter how many times you win the league it’s always a special day and all the boys are ecstatic.

“As captain, and on behalf of Gordon Strachan, I’d like to congratulate all the players for their efforts this season.”

Shunsuke Nakamura was up against two of his team-mates for the Players’ Player of the Year Award in Lee Naylor and Artur Boruc – along with Russell Anderson of Aberdeen.

While the other Celtic nominees have both been excellent for the club this season, there can be little doubt that the stand-out player in Scotland this season has been Nakamura. And he showed his unique talent and importance to Celtic with his last-minute winner against Kilmarnock which confirmed the Hoops as SPL Champions for 2006/07.

Nakamura was presented with his award by former winner and ex-Celt Paul Elliott, and he said: “It’s a great honour to receive this award.

“I would like to thank the chairman, the fans, a great manager and great team-mates.”

And talking about his Goal of the Season Award, the Japanese midfielder said: “It might be my goal but this is an award for the whole team.”

In the other main award of the night, Kilmarnock’s Steven Naismith pipped Aiden McGeady to the Young Player of the Year Award.