Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rich Get Richer

All Pro

The Rich Get Richer

February 08, 2007
    6th for Gorin

The Patriots will receive a sixth-round draft pick from the Arizona Cardinals
    from the trade of offensive tackle Brandon Gorin prior to the 2006 season.

The round of the pick was unknown when the trade was made Aug. 21, as
    the pick was conditional. The sixth-round pick is the sixth overall pick in that
    round.

The Patriots are also expected to receive at least one compensatory pick in
    April's draft, although those picks aren't known at this time. They should be
    handed out by the NFL in late March.

At this time, the Patriots have two first-round picks (24th, 28th), as well as
    single picks in the second, third, fourth and seventh rounds. The Patriots also
    have two sixth-round picks (6th, 28th).

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Take it deep

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Babe
    oh boy! a 6th round pick! watch out, the next tom brady will be drafted now!
    Hi Jetsbabe,

The Pats do some of their best drafting in those lower rounds. It's practically
    a fifth round pick, like, you know your second round pick from Washington that's
    almost a first round pick. BTW, if you need some help with your shooting
    technique I'm the guy who can help you out.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wonder which TE Belly is eyeing with that newly acquired pick?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot
    February 08, 2007
    6th for Gorin

The Patriots will receive a sixth-round draft pick from the Arizona Cardinals
    from the trade of offensive tackle Brandon Gorin prior to the 2006 season.

The round of the pick was unknown when the trade was made Aug. 21, as
    the pick was conditional. The sixth-round pick is the sixth overall pick in that
    round.

The Patriots are also expected to receive at least one compensatory pick in
    April's draft, although those picks aren't known at this time. They should be
    handed out by the NFL in late March.

At this time, the Patriots have two first-round picks (24th, 28th), as well as
    single picks in the second, third, fourth and seventh rounds. The Patriots also
    have two sixth-round picks (6th, 28th).
    So how do the rich get richer? Yeeeaaaa! A sixth rounder! Before you get into the "Brady was a 6th round pic" thing. That was the exception and not the rule. Let me know when this year's 6th round pick cracks the starting lineup.

Hall Of Fame
    Not only that, but the Patriots usually make very solid selections with their picks as well. It's a characteristic of their team that'll make them competitors for years - hopefully Tangini can do the same thing with us in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
    So how do the rich get richer? Yeeeaaaa! A sixth rounder! Before you get into the "Brady was a 6th round pic" thing. That was the exception and not the rule. Let me know when this year's 6th round pick cracks the starting lineup.
    David Givens was a 7th round pick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan
    David Givens was a 7th round pick.
    And? If you're trying to tell me that David Givens is good, then you better tell someone else 'cause I ain't buy'in it. He produced in the Patsies system like most of their players do and now he blows.

I just recieved a pre draft memo from the league that says the Pats and Titans have the most hits (good players) on the second day of the draft...............it was quite interesting on how the teams do it..............

Even if that sixth round pick will be good, what do you mean with the RICH gets richer?! Are the patsies rich?

And? If you're trying to tell me that David Givens is good, then you better tell someone else 'cause I ain't buy'in it. He produced in the Patsies system like most of their players do and now he blows.
    Folks love to call Pat fans Morons here............but Givens has hardly played at all since he left NE.............he broke his wrist and tore his ACL and played 3.5 games this yr..................how in the #uck do you make these kind of of outlandish comments when you cranium is filled with shi%..................
    Last edited by bongo59; 02-09-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Doesn't really matter if their picks are good or not as long as they produce in the system, like you mentioned.

The Patriots can do things with later round picks. I don't like it when they get more of them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54
    Even if that sixth round pick will be good, what do you mean with the RICH gets richer?! Are the patsies rich?
    It's a euphemism for success wrt obtaining value for traded players.
    Branch = 1st round pick, Gorin = 6th pick in 6th round.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    Folks love to call Pat fans Morons here............but Givens has hardly played at all since he left NE.............he broke his wrist and tore his ACL and played 3.5 games this yr..................how in the #uck do you make thses kind of of outlandish comments when you cranium is filled with shi%..................
    Because you are dealing with Jets fans.

The majority of them live in some delusional world and wouldn't know reality if it bit them in the a$$.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

The majority of them live in some delusional world and wouldn't know reality if it bit them in the a$$.
    You have to make a list of the minority of them one time..and make a thread about it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    Folks love to call Pat fans Morons here............but Givens has hardly played at all since he left NE.............he broke his wrist and tore his ACL and played 3.5 games this yr..................how in the #uck do you make thses kind of of outlandish comments when you cranium is filled with shi%..................
    There is nothin wrong with my statement. David Givens doesn't scare anyone. Guess why he was a 7th round pic? Outlandish? Does David Givens have that Jerry Rice quality about him that I'm missing? I think Patriot fans and yourself should stop jerk!ng each other over David Givens being a 7th round pick until he actually does something.

Tell you what, if David Givens turns into anything more than an average to slightly above average receiver in his career......you can tell me I was wrong. Somehow though, I'm confident on this one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Tx, how old are you again?

Now you cant even comprehend your own post or maybe you can not construct a written thought and tranlate it via a lexicon................youre a marroon on this one...............Givens may bust or may not............no one knows because he has not had the ability to play at all due to injury..............but you have Givens all figured out................................unfreakingbelie vable.

I am not Pat fan but I think some of the Pat guys here try pretty hard to make some decent points...............I root for the Jets when they are not playing TN.....................but sometimes stuff gets posted here that makes my head hurt.

Tx, how old are you again?
    old enough to know you have six neurons and 5 are infected with a spirochete. My god think before you post.