Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: OT: Thank God For Toblerone

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    OT: Thank God For Toblerone

    I know not how you get into every hotel mini-bar, but I am grateful for you my friend.



    Midnight in Frankfurt, no TV, no Slingbox. Just you and me. Just me and my buddy Tobley. Tobley-rone. The Ronester. The Ronemeister.

    SAR I

  2. #2
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before I opened this thread, I thought you were talking about some kind of old-man boner medication.

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's good stuff. client came in thurs. from switzerland with some of that bigg-ass toblerone, like the size of your arm. each triangle is like 2 hershey's bars. sick. and i'm not even a 'chocolate' person...

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick, do something manly!

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    that's good stuff. client came in thurs. from switzerland with some of that bigg-ass toblerone, like the size of your arm. each triangle is like 2 hershey's bars. sick. and i'm not even a 'chocolate' person...
    This wouldn't fit in my mini-bar, but God bless it just the same.



    SAR I

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've really never heard of the stuff

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I've really never heard of the stuff
    When you get a job that puts you in hotel rooms as often as some of us in here, you'll understand. The Tobley will be your friend then too.



    SAR I

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea what they are hitting you up for it yet? 1st born child?

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot
    Any idea what they are hitting you up for it yet? 1st born child?
    5 Euros or about $6.50.

    SAR I

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lonely man with D'Brick/Leinart regrets, A seedy Frankfurt hotel and a toblerone.

    I think I have an idea for a mini series! Or perhaps a sitcom.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    A lonely man with D'Brick/Leinart regrets, A seedy Frankfurt hotel and a toblerone.

    I think I have an idea for a mini series! Or perhaps a sitcom.
    I'd like you to meet Stella and Sophie.

    http://www.sternchen-escort.de/frame.html

    SAR I

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when I was in Amsterdam I was thinking about the smarts of Dutch people who charge 5 euro for a space cake and 6 for small pack of waffles in my bar.. Our snack bill for one night was around 50 euros! Guess why

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen
    I remember when I was in Amsterdam I was thinking about the smarts of Dutch people who charge 5 euro for a space cake and 6 for small pack of waffles in my bar.. Our snack bill for one night was around 50 euros! Guess why
    I leave for Amsterdam in 6 hours. Nice to travel at 200 mph without leaving the ground.



    SAR I

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I leave for Amsterdam in 6 hours. Nice to travel at 200 mph without leaving the ground.



    SAR I
    Yep.. 4 hours I think..

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen
    Yep.. 4 hours I think..
    3:57, but who's counting

    SAR I

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    5,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Get some!

  17. #17
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    When you get a job that puts you in hotel rooms as often as some of us in here, you'll understand. The Tobley will be your friend then too.



    SAR I

    the way you describe it, it sounds an awful lot like boner medication

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I leave for Amsterdam in 6 hours. Nice to travel at 200 mph without leaving the ground.



    SAR I
    Is that the Vanilla Ice train? Is he big in Europe or something?

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead

    Get some!
    I have to go to special convience stores to find that exact candy bar. It is insane how good that candy is.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you found letliana yet???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us