Thread: What if the Mets traded for...

What if the Mets traded for...

Aaron Rowand. I think he would be a better fit then Shawn Green. He is younger, and better.

1) He is a CF whose value in a corner OF spot is severely diminished
    2) Why would the Phillies trade him to their division rival?
    3) The upgrade of Rowand from Green wouldn't be worth it at all, especially when the Mets have three big OF prospects waiting in the wings in Milledge, Martinez and Gomez.

oh, I forgot you guys had Shawn Green. I still think he'll provide a lot of value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    oh, I forgot you guys had Shawn Green. I still think he'll provide a lot of value.
    Ugh. Just send us Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Ugh. Just send us Bernie.

It's gonna be a different era in the Bronx without Bernie being there

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    1) He is a CF whose value in a corner OF spot is severely diminished
    2) Why would the Phillies trade him to their division rival?
    3) The upgrade of Rowand from Green wouldn't be worth it at all, especially when the Mets have three big OF prospects waiting in the wings in Milledge, Martinez and Gomez.
    I agree with pretty much everything you say. He would probably be an upgrade over Green just because of the defense, but, as you say, his value is severely diminished as a corner outfielder.

Plus, just like you ask why the Phillies would trade him within their own division, why would the Mets trade Aaron Heilman or Duaner Sanchez in their own division?

I live in the greater philly area and I can tell you if they ever trade Rowland it would be a terrible PR move. He is one of the few phillies the fans down here actually like because he's a blue collar guy. It's pretty much Utley, Howard, and Rowland. Everyone else is subject to boos lol.

All League
    Shawn is decent he is good for 15 HR, 70RBI .280 AVG and average fielding with a decent arm. He is just a place holder anyway and for the 3 mill we pay him ill take it.

Shawn Green is fine, he's a decent stop gap until Lastings Milledge or Carlos Gomez proves to be ready and it's not like he's hurting us as a #7 hitter. Aaron Rowand would be at best a marginal upgrade, not worth it.