Thread: OT: Mo to Yankees..pay me or wait !

OT: Mo to Yankees..pay me or wait !

I can't believe what I am reading about Rivera ! On the one hand he recognizes that it's a business but then he talks out of both sides of his mouth. He is on the last year of his contract and Cashman has said we'll wait till the end of the year to talk about a new contract. I can see this as Mo is now 38 years old. When a hard throwing reliever like him looses a couple of MPH on his fastball (which is all he has) he is very hitable. In fact although he 34 saves last season and a low era some players say that Mo fastball is very hitable. I would not talk new contract with him now I would wait till the end of the season to see how he performs. If this is the kind of trash he is talking, when the Yankees have never had a problem paying players, then I say let talk to other teams. I mean how much money is enough?

Rookie
    Even at 38 years of age, I would still choose Rivera over any other closer to pitch the 9th inning in a tight game. And I would think that most people would agree with that statement.

Is it just me or does it seem that Mo is worried about something (His arm) and wants a contract now and not later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Is it just me or does it seem that Mo is worried about something (His arm) and wants a contract now and not later.
    i think this is probably the reason