Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: Pettite rumor per Cowherd

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Pettite rumor per Cowherd

Listening to "the Herd" just now and he mentioned that he and a select group of people know the real reason Pettite left the Yankees. Then he said he's "not allowed to talk about it" approximately 5 times. Anyone know what he is referring to?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were rampant rumors when he left for Houston that his wife had busted him for cheating on her, so she demanded that he move back to Houston to be "home", where she could keep an eye on him. He had to choose wife or Yankees basically.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he need to be closer to Mexico to get his steroids.

btw i just made that up but we all know he and roger did them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sort of figured. Wonder what changed to allow him to come back to New York.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J
    Sort of figured. Wonder what changed to allow him to come back to New York.
    Like I said, it was a rumor. Who knows if it was actually true.

Some said the Yanks knew about the situation, so they knew they had no chance to sign him, thus the small effort to keep him. Others say they just had concerns about his elbow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CantBelieveIStillLoveThem
    There were rampant rumors when he left for Houston that his wife had busted him for cheating on her, so she demanded that he move back to Houston to be "home", where she could keep an eye on him. He had to choose wife or Yankees basically.
    Yep, I heard this too. Makes sense. My guess is Dandy Andy promised it wouldn't be a problem anymore (maybe the woman no longer lives in NYC?), so Mrs. Pettitte allowed him back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Yep, I heard this too. Makes sense. My guess is Dandy Andy promised it wouldn't be a problem anymore (maybe the woman no longer lives in NYC?), so Mrs. Pettitte allowed him back.
    I thought if you were a professional athlete you were allowed to cheat on your wife.

I told my wife that if I became a rock star or a professional athlete all bets were off with respect to fidelity. I think she looked at my gut and just laughed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes me wonder if Andy is the answer to the question posed in this thread, namely the NY "superstar" who cheats on his wife, as cited in the NY Post. Link