Thread: Pippen to play again?

Jets Insider VIP

Pippen to play again?

Friday, February 16, 2007
    Pippen says he wants to play for contender

Scottie Pippen is serious about making an NBA comeback.

Pippen, 41, hasn't played since February 2004, when a left knee injury forced him to retire. But he told reporters Thursday that he wants to return, hopefully to a contender that could make use of his experience in a playoff run.

He said he's in good shape, his knee is fine and he'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract to prove what he can do.

"I'm not going to be a nonstop high-flyer like I was in my prime," Pippen said. "But I can still run. I can still dunk. But most of all, I know the game."

Pippen is in Las Vegas, where he will take part in the Shooting Stars contest during NBA All-Star weekend. Bulls guard Ben Gordon and Candice Dupree of the WNBA's Chicago Sky will be Pippen's teammates in the contest.

"I'm thinking of trying to come back for the playoffs," Pippen said. "Something like the last two months of the season, somewhere I can come back and play limited minutes to start, play point forward for someone and build toward the playoffs. It's something I've been thinking about for the last three months."

Pippen said he'd like to eventually become an NBA coach and would be willing to apprentice as an assistant as well.

''But I'd like to play first," he said. "I feel I still have a year and a half of basketball left in me if I'm put in the right situation. I'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract. At least that would be a start. I just want a chance to show that I can still help a team.''

Yeah OK Scottie. One question...do you come with Michael Jordan? No...OK, we'll pass then. Good luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Yeah OK Scottie. One question...do you come with Michael Jordan? No...OK, we'll pass then. Good luck.
    haha

Thank Roger Clemens for this kind of crap.

give me a break.

move to the bowels of the NBA forum and let's never speak of this ridiculousness agian

Pippen said he'd like to eventually become an NBA coach and would be willing to apprentice as an assistant as well.
    I wonder what kind of a coach Pippen would make: selfish player who constantly complained he was not getting the ball enough; once refused to go into a game at the end of regulation; frequently inaccessible and curt with the media. Yeah, he'd make a GREAT coach.