Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ot - Anyone Else Sick Of Baseball Already?

Ot - Anyone Else Sick Of Baseball Already?

OK, a little sarcasm here but why does spring training take up 8 pages of the sports page for a month while NFL training camp, pre-season and reg season and even playoffs usually take up max, 2 paages? Someone tell me why and I don't want to hear baseball town theory b/c the Jets and Giants get 78,000 per game and both teams have waiting lists. Is it the media? I mean how many times can they write a story about Petitte coming back or so and so wanting more money? I read some of these stories about baseball and the provide zero value. Do baseball dfans really need all this info?

74 reporters went to watch Dice-K PLAY CATCH for the Red Sox. Followed by a press conference. BEYOND MORONIC.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    74 reporters went to watch Dice-K PLAY CATCH for the Red Sox. Followed by a press conference. BEYOND MORONIC.
    As is that nickname, I mean seriously, Dice-K???

I personally can't wait for baseball season to begin!

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude you dont know how excited I am.

All Pro
    I love those 8 pages of coverage. Its great to have baseball season so close

Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo is open today, anyone want to have a JI league?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo is open today, anyone want to have a JI league?
    Im in.

sbiiichamps@gmail.com

or PM me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    OK, a little sarcasm here but why does spring training take up 8 pages of the sports page for a month while NFL training camp, pre-season and reg season and even playoffs usually take up max, 2 paages? Someone tell me why and I don't want to hear baseball town theory b/c the Jets and Giants get 78,000 per game and both teams have waiting lists. Is it the media? I mean how many times can they write a story about Petitte coming back or so and so wanting more money? I read some of these stories about baseball and the provide zero value. Do baseball dfans really need all this info?
    regardless of how many people are on the jets and giants waiting list, in new york itself (cause the waiting lists arent just new yorkers), baseball is infinitely more popular than baseball...thats just the way it is...

Quote Originally Posted by skippy1999
    As is that nickname, I mean seriously, Dice-K???

That is how you pronounce his name. Not a nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    regardless of how many people are on the jets and giants waiting list, in new york itself (cause the waiting lists arent just new yorkers), baseball is infinitely more popular than baseball...thats just the way it is...
    It must be you cannot even bring yourself to say the word football

In NY and Boston it is more popular...and nowhere else on Earth! Its kind of a joke. The rest of the country could care les about this "amazing" rivalry.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud
    It must be you cannot even bring yourself to say the word football
    ack!..i have been exposed!

I'm looking forward the baseball, for sure.

That is how you pronounce his name. Not a nickname.
    Seriously?? I mean phonetically, it sounds like Dice-K????/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    Lester, NYC is made up of 8.5 million people. The Yankees and Mets combined attendance last year was 7.2 million.

Think of this. Attendance wise, if it was considered the population of a city, it would qualify as the 3rd largest city in the US: 1) NYC, 2) LA, 3) Yankee/Mets Attendance.

Baseball is huge in NYC, you can't deny that.

Yea

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes thats how its pronounced.

I live in Boston.

I hate baseball season

Yea
    Oh ok then I won't every time I hear that. I thought they were trying to make him sound like some asian rapper.