Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: JI Fantasy Baseball

OT: JI Fantasy Baseball

I registered a fantasy baseball league for JI . When is a good date for the live online draft? Open to suggestions on everything.. draft, settings, categories, ect. Nothing is set in stone yet.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

League ID#: 45471
    Password: insider

Please use your Jets Insider name as team name. It will make recognizing people a lot easier.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 02-17-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I am going to register a fantasy baseball league for JI . Is Monday Feb 26th and 4 pm good?
    let me get this straight, is this your fantasy league or your FRIEND'S fantasy baseball league?

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    let me get this straight, is this your fantasy league or your FRIEND'S fantasy baseball league?

I have a separate league for me and my friends. I am registering a league for posters on JI only. I told people a couple weeks ago I was going to do this and a lot of people where up for it

Sean Ryan, I'am in let me know the info as soon as you get it.

It's Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Please use your Jets Insider name as team name. It will make recognizing people a lot easier.

Feb 28th is too early of a draft date, too much can change between then and the season starting on April 1st. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Feb 28th is too early of a draft date, too much can change between then and the season starting on April 1st. JMO.
    I can change the draft date whenever I want.

im in sean, i left a message under on the league board, take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cack89
    im in sean, i left a message under on the league board, take a look.
    We are doing a live draft. Just not sure when the date is yet. I'm going to wait until I get a consensus of other posters.

okay, good news.

I hope there are a lot more people who want to do this.

Hall Of Fame
    I am going to register a fantasy baseball league for JI . When is a good date for the live online draft? Open to Suggestions

Yahoo

i'm in

I am going to register a fantasy baseball league for JI . When is a good date for the live online draft? Open to Suggestions

Yahoo

i just joined

EDIT: Forget it, this league has whack settings and categories. Not to mention H-2-H in baseball isn't fair.
    Last edited by IM3; 02-17-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    EDIT: Forget it, this league has whack settings and categories. Not to mention H-2-H in baseball isn't fair.
    haha I guess I should have looked at that before joining.

out of curiosity, what makes H2H less fair in baseball than in football?

this past year i did my first serious competitive fantasy football, and i was the one constantly getting screwed over due to playing the wrong guy H2H. i had at least 4 extra losses and almost missed the playoffs. i think H2H is unfair anywhere, but makes this more fun as my friends were telling me when i tried to get rid of it.

i'll do it if it's roto

Hall Of Fame
    I'm in
    As brady would say - anything but head to head sucks

I don't like the waiver waiting period removed - I am in Arizona and will be 3 hours behind everyone on waiver pickups

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    out of curiosity, what makes H2H less fair in baseball than in football?
    It depends on when the pitchers pitch, lets say I have Johan Santana and Roy Halladay and they are both pitching twice the week I am playing you, is that fair? You pretty much have little shot at winning any of the pitching categories that week.

Football H-2-H is a little unfair because of the bye week, but good owners plan for that in the beginning of the season.

Also baseball is a marathon season and football is a sprint. So H-2-H is more like a real football season while roto takes every single game into account the same whether it is in April or September.