Thread: USA playing in the S America Championship

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

USA playing in the S America Championship

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

They are in group C of the Copa America along with Argentina, Paraguay and Colombia. It would be nice to see the US win it as an invited guest and it also gives us a chance to see how Bradley is going to do in a large tournament.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the only soccer fan that finds this interesting? This is a huge test for the US and Bradley.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find this very interesting... it's going to be a huge test for US Soccer, period. A solid showing in this tournament would completely legitimize the US soccer program. Anything less would make us live up to our awful reputation.

Do you think the matches will be on tv?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I find this very interesting... it's going to be a huge test for US Soccer, period. A solid showing in this tournament would completely legitimize the US soccer program. Anything less would make us live up to our awful reputation.

Do you think the matches will be on tv?
    In S Florida? Differently we have about 20 Spanish channels. As far as understanding what they are saying, I'll just do the same thing I do when I'm watching the Spanish shows with girls dancing, put it on mute and play a recording of female tennis in the background.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They'll be on Fox Soccer Channel, and I bet ESPN puts the American games on. They even had the US Vs. Denmark friendly on - they'll have that.

What's dissapointing is that the US won't be sending their top squad. Apparently the Gold Cup is the two weeks previous to this tournament, and they don't want to alienate foreign coaches, and local leagues by keeping the players in action for both the Gold Cup (North/Central American Tournament) and Copa America. The reasoning is that the US wants to win it's own tournament first. Apparently if they win this Gold Cup this year, then they play in some sort of Federation cup in 2009 which would be a 8 country tournament agains the best teams in the world
    I think they should send their best players to the best tournament. Get the action against top-notch players now and allow them to play Colombia and Argentina with the best they have to offer.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    In S Florida? Differently we have about 20 Spanish channels. As far as understanding what they are saying, I'll just do the same thing I do when I'm watching the Spanish shows with girls dancing, put it on mute and play a recording of female tennis in the background.

lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    They'll be on Fox Soccer Channel, and I bet ESPN puts the American games on. They even had the US Vs. Denmark friendly on - they'll have that.

What's dissapointing is that the US won't be sending their top squad. Apparently the Gold Cup is the two weeks previous to this tournament, and they don't want to alienate foreign coaches, and local leagues by keeping the players in action for both the Gold Cup (North/Central American Tournament) and Copa America. The reasoning is that the US wants to win it's own tournament first. Apparently if they win this Gold Cup this year, then they play in some sort of Federation cup in 2009 which would be a 8 country tournament agains the best teams in the world
    I think they should send their best players to the best tournament. Get the action against top-notch players now and allow them to play Colombia and Argentina with the best they have to offer.
    Hopefully they at least send a squad that can compete or else what's the ****ing point to get our young players destroyed.