Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ot jkidd to the lakers?

Veteran

ot jkidd to the lakers?

anyone think it gonna happen i hope it does because the lakers will win it all with kobe lamer and jkidd

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    anyone think it gonna happen i hope it does because the lakers will win it all with kobe lamer and jkidd
    for who?

Hall Of Fame
    Don't think many people care about the Lakers, I would just be happy if he left our division...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Lakers don't want to part with Odom, Bynum or even Luke Walton. Not sure what they could trade to make this happen.

i hope so marcus willams is the future, maybe the nets can bomb the rest of the season and maybe land durant or noah. maybe the nets can steal byumn away but i highly doubt that.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow almost gave me a heart attack, though I wouldn't be too disappointed if we could get a guy like Bynum in return, among others.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Lakers don't want to part with Odom, Bynum or even Luke Walton. Not sure what they could trade to make this happen.
    nets want to 2 start fresh in the new arena

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud
    misleading title
    Lol yeah, I was so happy then I saw it was just a proposal

Hall Of Fame
    nets want to 2 start fresh in the new arena
    Whats that have to do with the Lakers not having much extra to offer?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    Wow almost gave me a heart attack, though I wouldn't be too disappointed if we could get a guy like Bynum in return, among others.

You do know that the Nets want to trade Kidd though, right?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine51
    Whats that have to do with the Lakers not having much extra to offer?
    cuz people said they would have to give up bynum but they give up expiring xcontracts

All Pro
    Mihm, Brown, Farmer, and a one pick....yuck

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As a Nets fan I wouldn't mind seeing Kidd get traded, only because he'll never get his champsionship here. The owner couldn't care less about basketball. Let him go somewhere else and get what he so deserves. I don't know how well he'd pair up w/ Kobe though. Bryant's more of a clear out scorer, a better version of Carter. Kidd's talents are almost wasted in that type of offense.

All Pro
    I was reading somewhere about the Warriors jumping in with Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, and Adonal Foyles contract a few nights ago. I would blow it up and start it over because Kidd/Carter/Jefferson has taken us as far as we'll go.

You do know that the Nets want to trade Kidd though, right?
    Not necessarily. The only guy they are after is Bynum and they won't trade with LA unless they get him. They can not go to Brooklyn without a superstar. Carter's future after this year is very much in question. Bynum can be a star, but if they can't get him they won't trade Kidd because he is worth keeping just to give your franchise a face moving into a new arena. From a business stand point they have to sell seats and with no star they won't.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    Not necessarily. The only guy they are after is Bynum and they won't trade with LA unless they get him. They can not go to Brooklyn without a superstar. Carter's future after this year is very much in question. Bynum can be a star, but if they can't get him they won't trade Kidd because he is worth keeping just to give your franchise a face moving into a new arena. From a business stand point they have to sell seats and with no star they won't.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6488452?MSNHPHMA

I hope the Nets dont make the deal unless Bynum is included. Personally I dont want to see Kidd traded at all, but I can understand why the team would do it. But to do it for total garbage and a worthless number 1 would be awful. Im actually not sure where the Lakers interest even came from here. Kidd really would not be a great fit in the offense LA runs and the Lakers have to know they dont need an expensive PG like Kidd to run that offense.

Is says right in there it's only a 5% chance. That's cause LA won't give up Bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    That's the thing, they're saying there's a good chance they won't have to give up any of those 3 if Portland gets in on it.