Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cliff Floyd

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cliff Floyd

    Says the Mets' bench coach talked Willie out of bunting. Randolph stuck with Floyd despite his persistent failure and now ol Cliffy makes him look like a fool.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Says the Mets' bench coach talked Willie out of bunting. Randolph stuck with Floyd despite his persistent failure and now ol Cliffy makes him look like a fool.
    It doesn't really matter. The same situation would have presented itself anyway most likely. Bases Loaded 2 out for Beltran.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    It doesn't really matter. The same situation would have presented itself anyway most likely. Bases Loaded 2 out for Beltran.
    Yes, we know that, but Floyd made Willie look like a dope with that comment.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Yes, we know that, but Floyd made Willie look like a dope with that comment.
    Yeah, but why should Willie even care. I personally like Floyd, but his story doesn't exactly make sense either. If Willie were even thinking of bunting Floyd would have been the last guy off the bench. IMO it would have been Hernandez because he could beat it out or Glavine because he is probably the best bunter.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    It just sounded like sour grapes and he should do better to protect a guy who had his back when it was against the wall.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    5,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame about Floyd. I really liked him a lot, good character guy and always seemed willing to give it his all. Ah, now we get Moises Alou instead.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    It's a shame about Floyd. I really liked him a lot, good character guy and always seemed willing to give it his all. Ah, now we get Moises Alou instead.
    I could never figure out why Willie didn't at least platoon him vs lefties. He also saw woeful slumps that needed pine-time. He should've at least reciprocated the respect. Alou is much better IMO.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I could never figure out why Willie didn't at least platoon him vs lefties. He also saw woeful slumps that needed pine-time. He should've at least reciprocated the respect. Alou is much better IMO.
    I agree Alou is a better hitter and they both probably have the same chance of getting hurt, but I think we will miss Floyd's Defense. Not that it was great or pretty, but he gets to a lot of balls by taking good routes. I worry a little bit of having two slow corner OF's. I know Beltran can cover a ton, but he can't cover it all lol. I have a feeling we are going to have to replace Alou/Green late in games for Chavez like we used to have to for Piazza.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like Green at all. I see no reason not to start Endy until Milledge is ready.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I don't like Green at all. I see no reason not to start Endy until Milledge is ready.
    If milledge is capable of being ready.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24
    If milledge is capable of being ready.
    Exactly, or just leave Endy there. How bad could that work out? He dosen't get enough respect. Reminds me of the time we had that utility guy and refused to make him a starter(Mora?). He went on to be a beast in Baltimore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us