Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: El Duque Hurt?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,323

    El Duque Hurt?

    Oh boy, just what we all feared... I still trust Omars judgement by not aquiring a top of rotation starter.. But how could anyone not expect this with 2 40+ year olds at the top of the rotation, may not be serious, but theres still some concern here.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=2774991

  2. #2
    Not good. I scares me big time.

  3. #3
    From Omar's mouth

    “This is just way up here in the neck area, a little discomfort, so we figured let’s just go get it looked at now like we do with a lot of our guys, going from Florida to New York during the spring.

    I’m not concerned at all, but it’s one of those things things you’re gonna get early in camp and you wanna make sure you get it out of the way…He should be back here tomorrow.
    In other words, much ado about nothing.

    Move along, nothing to see here.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    From Omar's mouth



    In other words, much ado about nothing.

    Move along, nothing to see here.
    Hope so. Still the issue remains for the future. Sh*t happens.

  5. #5
    The Mets would be stupid to rely on El Duque for anything more than 20-25 starts this year.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    The Mets would be stupid to rely on El Duque for anything more than 20-25 starts this year.
    Maybe they signed him to add credibilty and attract other Latin ballplayers. No...wait...that was their other injured pitcher.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    The Mets would be stupid to rely on El Duque for anything more than 20-25 starts this year.
    Hence, the stockpiling of pitchers. The Mets led the league in most starting pitchers used last year, and they'll do so again...and still win 95 games.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Maybe they signed him to add credibilty and attract other Latin ballplayers. No...wait...that was their other injured pitcher.
    It's been worth it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It's been worth it
    I must have missed the parade.

  10. #10
    If el duque can give us 20-25 starts i would take that....we have a lot of guys who can range from a 3-5, with ptential to be a number 2 by the end of the year....for us to be successful, our offense is going to have to be great, which it should, barring injuries, and our bullpen is going to have to be great as well, barrring injuries

    keep in mind, we can always trade for a number 1 or number 2 before the deadline....and if pedro comes back by july/august, that will be like making a trade by the deadline without giving anybody up...pedro most likely wont be a number 1 or 2 but he can be a number 3 if hes healthy

    again, last year we didnt lose because of starting pitching...our offense got shut down

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    I must have missed the parade.
    So a move is a failure unless you win a title. Great logic there.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    So a move is a failure unless you win a title. Great logic there.
    Sorry. I thought the whole idea was to win a title. My bad.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Sorry. I thought the whole idea was to win a title. My bad.
    I never said it wasn't. That still doesn't apply to my point. Next.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I never said it wasn't. That still doesn't apply to my point. Next.
    I must have missed "your point".

  15. #15

    this team shouldnt be called the new york mets

    It should be called the Nuevo York mets.....They have more latin players than the dominican team

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    I must have missed "your point".
    Again, the Pedro move has been worth it. The goal is to win a title but just because they haven't doesn't mean individual moves haven't worked out. The Mets have the cash and his presence has been invaluable. Beltran has been quoted as saying he wouldn't be here without Pedro. He's also helped recruit blue chippers like Fernando Martinez. As you know he's also a great leader in the clubhouse. The Mets knew he was an injury risk and if he never pitches again - he'll still be worth it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rudajnwhat
    It should be called the Nuevo York mets.....They have more latin players than the dominican team
    You're so clever, ever think of being a comedian?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rudajnwhat
    It should be called the Nuevo York mets.....They have more latin players than the dominican team
    Here's a fresh take. Lots of good MLB players are latin. Frankly, I'm shocked.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Again, the Pedro move has been worth it. The goal is to win a title but just because they haven't doesn't mean individual moves haven't worked out. The Mets have the cash and his presence has been invaluable. Beltran has been quoted as saying he wouldn't be here without Pedro. He's also helped recruit blue chippers like Fernando Martinez. As you know he's also a great leader in the clubhouse. The Mets knew he was an injury risk and if he never pitches again - he'll still be worth it.
    Look its not my money but for $15,000,000 I'd want more than 9-8 4.48. And now a few more years of nothing. Sure I guess he's a swell mascot/cheerleader. But I think players would come to Mets for the right offer, not the fact that Pedro is sitting on the bench collecting his dough.

  20. #20
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    99
    The Mets have a good starter in their bullpen: Aaron Heilman.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us