Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kidd to stay in NJ as of now. Step away from the ledge Nets fans.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Kidd to stay in NJ as of now. Step away from the ledge Nets fans.

ESPN's Chad Ford reportedly spoke to Jason Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz, on Thursday and says that Kidd will still be wearing a Nets uniform tomorrow.
    That means the hopes of Marcus Williams becoming a fantasy stud are likely dashed, but let's wait until the deadline passes before officially calling Kidd a Net. Feb. 22 - 12:48 pm et
    Source: ESPN.com
    Who knows, they still suck with him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Who knows, they still suck with him.
    I wanted Bynum here. Oh well.

"step away from the ledge"? Is Kidd that effective on the Nets?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    "step away from the ledge"? Is Kidd that effective on the Nets?
    Im guessing u dont watch the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yankee
    I wanted Bynum here. Oh well.
    That's what held it up, the Nets would only deal if LA would deal Bynum, but LA wouldn't deal Bynum.

Smart move by LA if you ask me, but it takes away their title hopes for this season. 2-3 years from now they'll be singing a different tune, but for this year, Kidd definitely would have put them right up with Phoenix and Dallas.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    That's what held it up, the Nets would only deal if LA would deal Bynum, but LA wouldn't deal Bynum.

Smart move by LA if you ask me, but it takes away their title hopes for this season. 2-3 years from now they'll be singing a different tune, but for this year, Kidd definitely would have put them right up with Phoenix and Dallas.
    Hmm...if only Thorn would have offered Moore in addition to Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yankee
    Hmm...if only Thorn would have offered Moore in addition to Kidd.
    lol

The problem is, LA is not willing to deal Walton, Bynum, Odom, and obviously not Kobe. And when it comes to a player like Kidd, salary dump or not, you've got to satisfy the recieving team with SOMETHING. Mikki Moore, though the owner of a great head of hair, would most likely have NOT encourage them to do that.

Im guessing u dont watch the NBA.

you know I don't

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm hoping both Kidd AND Carter are gone today. Let's start fresh with Williams, Jefferson, Kristic, Illc, Boone, Wright, some draft picks and some salary space and take it from there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Under 40 minutes to post.

If I had any faith that Ratner would do right by the team, I'd say hold onto Kidd for another year. Any situation that takes Carter out of the mix is fine by me, but you're won't get much back for a contract he can get out of. That said, Williams isn't ready yet, and Wright may never be. Illc and Boone are big ?'s. If Kidd can get that championship then good for him. He deserves it.

Hall Of Fame
    It was reported last week that Kidd threw a large cookie at his wife. Who would want this maniac?

Hall Of Fame
    misleading thread title...everyone knows that there are no nets fans...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    misleading thread title...everyone knows that there are no nets fans...
    haha Knicks!

haha Knicks!
    Yes, I could be a Net fan, that'd be just so easy now, wouldn't it? I mean, especially if you consider that if you guys make the Finals, getting tickets is as easy as cake considering you can't sell out.

When Kidd's gone, and the Nets are the Nets again, come back and tell me you're still a fan.

There are Nets fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    There are Nets fans?
    Yes, but that was 4 years ago. Since then, no more Nets fans.

Yes, I could be a Net fan, that'd be just so easy now, wouldn't it? I mean, especially if you consider that if you guys make the Finals, getting tickets is as easy as cake considering you can't sell out.

When Kidd's gone, and the Nets are the Nets again, come back and tell me you're still a fan.
    Tell it. With Wade out the Knicks are going to the playoffs. Not saying much in the east. But still......

JetsInsider.com Legend

Umm Im a Knicks fan.

Hey, you're a Jersey kid. Are you really talking trash when you just rooted for the better team growing up?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The team is obiously on the downside of their curve. The time to bail out would be now. We're not going anywhere.

WCBS just announced that they'll be staying put.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 02-22-2007 at 03:18 PM.