Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabres / Senators Brawl...

Hall Of Fame

Sabres / Senators Brawl...

Wow that was awesome.

I was at the Panthers / Pens game tonight, some nice hits and Belfour played a gem, but damn the Sabre game would of been amazing to be at.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    The Trumbull Little League will not like that hit.

It was great to see this tonight...for every team in the league that thought that the Sabs were a bunch of patsies, and that they could push our "B" team around while the starters were injured, they have another thing coming.

If the Sabres continue their good run with this team of Amerks that they have up in Buffalo, they will be that much tougher to beat in the playoffs. You cannot put a price on getting these young players NHL experience...And they are contributing too...MacArthur with a goal tonight, and Stafford gets the game winning goal in the SO.

IMO, come playoff time, there won't be a team that beats the Sabres in a series.

It was awesome. Especially loved the goaltenders going at it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    It was great to see this tonight...for every team in the league that thought that the Sabs were a bunch of patsies, and that they could push our "B" team around while the starters were injured, they have another thing coming.

If the Sabres continue their good run with this team of Amerks that they have up in Buffalo, they will be that much tougher to beat in the playoffs. You cannot put a price on getting these young players NHL experience...And they are contributing too...MacArthur with a goal tonight, and Stafford gets the game winning goal in the SO.

IMO, come playoff time, there won't be a team that beats the Sabres in a series.
    I don't know if anyone should that. They have always been known as a rough team. Especially with Ruff at the helm..

Great fights, complete bush league for the sabres enforcer to go after the sens goalie though. Thats one of those unwritten rules. Emery however had a smile on his face the whole time which must have been maddening for peters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Reminded me of the Avalanche vs. Red Wings fight.

Quote Originally Posted by StBonaventureJets
    Great fights, complete bush league for the sabres enforcer to go after the sens goalie though. Thats one of those unwritten rules. Emery however had a smile on his face the whole time which must have been maddening for peters.
    The Ranger announcers were saying how he's a boxer. He destroyed Biron. Sens players knew he could defend himself so they left him alone.

That was crazy. The noise from the crowd was unbelievable... hockey fans are just frustrated Wrestlemania fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    F'ing awesome!

"Old time hockey! Eddie Shore!"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    A goalie fought a player. I've never seen that before. That Emory kid was laughing the whole time. I guess that's expected when you have a pic of Tyson on your goalie helmet.

Jets Insider VIP
    I loved it! Thanks for posting it!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    I am with you! I wish they would let the hockey players return to what made the sport fun! This was old- time hockey and I loved it! Brings back memories of CLARK GILLIES, BOBBY NYSTROM, JOHN TONELLI and GARY HOWETT!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Or how about The Broad Street Bullies of the early and mid-1970s? Otherwise known as the Philadelphia Flyers. Dave Schultz was the main goon on that squad. Guys like Bobby Clarke and goalie Bernie Parent were the stars and Schultz and his ham-handed cronies intimidated the opposition. I watched many a Rangers-Flyers game in that era, and you could pretty much count on majors and misconducts being handed out every time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1
    Or how about The Broad Street Bullies of the early and mid-1970s? Otherwise known as the Philadelphia Flyers. Dave Schultz was the main goon on that squad. Guys like Bobby Clarke and goalie Bernie Parent were the stars and Schultz and his ham-handed cronies intimidated the opposition. I watched many a Rangers-Flyers game in that era, and you could pretty much count on majors and misconducts being handed out every time.
    I thoroughly loved it when CLARK GILLES wiped the ice with DAVE SCHULTZ!

It reminded me of the Colorado-Detroit brawl several years ago when both goalies got into it. I remember Patrick Roy skating out to center ice and motioning the other goaltender over. Roy then got his butt kicked!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    I was just a small kid when that happened but I was raised on the legend of Clark Gillies smacking Schultz (and O'Reilly) around.

I don't know why the NHL is so obtuse that they think the brand of hockey we see now is more attractive to the hardcore and casual fan alike. Everyone wants to see the return of old time hockey, and for some reason, the NHL is blind to it.

All League
    That was awesome and the fans were crazy, but I feel the Hit was clean.

What does everyone else think? if anything it might have been a touch late, but a real speed i don't think so.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPWms5Rdc8