Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Big win for the Cuse:

OT: Big win for the Cuse:

Since I was told earlier that the main board will be everything but the NFL draft...I will disucss my orange.

FU HOYAS....big win. with Andy Rautins playing llights out we have the best 1-2 OUTSIDE( rautins and Nichols) shooting duo in the country. That's right in the country!!!! All you rutgers fans can go watch spring football pratice bacuse once again another joke of a year for your hoops sqaud. As for the jonnies of st johns...your one step away from being thrown out of the BE...what a joke.

I will also be reviewing Higglytown Hero's every week..its a kids show that my 2 and 4 year old love. NO draft talk on the main page of the jet forum but kids cartoons are ok.

DJR44

Quote Originally Posted by djr44
    Since I was told earlier that the main board will be everything but the NFL draft...I will disucss my orange.

FU HOYAS....big win. with Andy Rautins playing llights out we have the best 1-2 OUTSIDE( rautins and Nichols) shooting duo in the country. That's right in the country!!!! All you rutgers fans can go watch spring football pratice bacuse once again another joke of a year for your hoops sqaud. As for the jonnies of st johns...your one step away from being thrown out of the BE...what a joke.

I will also be reviewing Higglytown Hero's every week..its a kids show that my 2 and 4 year old love. NO draft talk on the main page of the jet forum but kids cartoons are ok.

DJR44
    Cuse is def in now and if Devendorf and Harris could ever protect the ball they would be very dangerous. Let's also hope Roberts survives. I think I would give him the Big East Tourney off to rest up for the NCAA's.
    Last edited by sjjetfan; 02-26-2007 at 10:15 PM.

All Pro
    Cuse just punched their ticket against a sweet 16 bound Hoya team. And people hated giving Rautins a scholarship

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Big East will be exposed in the bracketts. Lots of one-and-done's.

I also didn't want a separate forum for the draft, but now it's a developed community. Turns out I was wrong. Some good stuff going on there that should be kept separate and distinct. Give it a try, you might agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    The Big East will be exposed in the bracketts. Lots of one-and-done's.
    I agree with the Big East being exposed, but I don't think the Big East exclusively will be, I think a lot of the major conference will. The mid-majors have closed the gap more and more every year and there is no reason to think that trend will stop. IMO a lot of 2nd place teams from these mid- majors are better than the 4,5,&6 place teams from the majors.
    Last edited by sjjetfan; 02-26-2007 at 10:39 PM.

All Pro
    Big Ten or SEC is gonna take it all. I dont see any big East teams getting to the Elite 8. The top 2 are Gtown and Pitt. Gtown is streaky from the field and Pitt folds under any full court pressure. They'll run into a big 12 team and get walloped. Pitt also relies too much an Aaron Gray.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Big Ten or SEC is gonna take it all. I dont see any big East teams getting to the Elite 8. The top 2 are Gtown and Pitt. Gtown is streaky from the field and Pitt folds under any full court pressure. They'll run into a big 12 team and get walloped. Pitt also relies too much an Aaron Gray.
    You might be right, but not because of what has transpired so far. The SEC sucks! Florida is their best team by far and they are overrated. They have 2 teams in the Top 25 and that's one too many. They don't know what basketball is in the south. Kentucky...yada....yada. Tubby Smith has taken a perennial Elite 8 team and turned into a sh!t sandwich without the bread. The Big East is better than most people think including ESPN which takes every opportunity to knock the conference and stupid SEC fans eat it up. They have the most 20 win teams right now and the best part is that the conference as a whole is young except for Pitt. Notre Dame, Pitt, Marquette, and G'Town all get to the Sweet 16.

I think SU is in now but they shouldn't be. The BE is not good this year, teams like 'Nova, GU, SU and Louisville were terrible in the non-conf then they went on rolls against weak BE teams and now they are "hot".

-SU is 53 in the RPI and has played a 59 SOS.
    -They have 2 wins over ranked teams all year(fringe top 20 teams GU and Marquette).
    -As usual they played a creampuff non-conf sched and lost 3 games w/ that sched including 2 at home to Wich St and Drexel.
    -They have 2 good wins for the tourney resume and 4 awful losses(SJU, UConn and the 2 I mentioned)
    -they got "hot" by beating SJU, USF, Uconn, providence and GU.

The bottom half of the BE is brutally bad and the upper half has beaten up on them all year giving them inflated records.

last year the BE was the best conf in the Nation(and still, as usual, didn't send any teams to the FF) but this year the BE is awful so why should they get the same amount of teams in the Tourney?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
    You might be right, but not because of what has transpired so far. The SEC sucks! Florida is their best team by far and they are overrated. They have 2 teams in the Top 25 and that's one too many. They don't know what basketball is in the south. Kentucky...yada....yada. Tubby Smith has taken a perennial Elite 8 team and turned into a sh!t sandwich without the bread. The Big East is better than most people think including ESPN which takes every opportunity to knock the conference and stupid SEC fans eat it up. They have the most 20 win teams right now and the best part is that the conference as a whole is young except for Pitt. Notre Dame, Pitt, Marquette, and G'Town all get to the Sweet 16.
    Ask yourself why the BE has the most 20 win teams? Do you think it has anything to do w/ 16 teams in the conf(4 more than any other major conf)? or the fact that the bottom half of the BE os so bad that they are almost automatic wins? No conf has as many bad teams in it as the BE. Ask yourslef why Goergetown, SU, Lousiville and Nova all stunk pre-conf and now they are "good" teams?

Florida is the defending Champ- they are overrated? They don't know what basketball is in the South? UK alone has more Championships than the entire BE and check out the # of championships each conf has and the # of FF teams int he past 15 years or so(ot's not pretty for the BE).

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Ask yourself why the BE has the most 20 win teams? Do you think it has anything to do w/ 16 teams in the conf(4 more than any other major conf)? or the fact that the bottom half of the BE os so bad that they are almost automatic wins? No conf has as many bad teams in it as the BE. Ask yourslef why Goergetown, SU, Lousiville and Nova all stunk pre-conf and now they are "good" teams?

Florida is the defending Champ- they are overrated? They don't know what basketball is in the South? UK alone has more Championships than the entire BE and check out the # of championships each conf has and the # of FF teams int he past 15 years or so(ot's not pretty for the BE).
    The Big East be having a down year, but in the last 10 years they have as many championships as anyone. (Big East 3, ACC 3, Sec 2, Pac 10 1, Big 10 1.) And it is really 3 of the last 8. If you want to go back 15 then ACC has 5, Sec 4, then Big East 3. Is that supposed to be bad?

As far as Syracuse goes, down conference year or not 10 wins in any major conference is in.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    The Big East be having a down year, but in the last 10 years they have as many championships as anyone. (Big East 3, ACC 3, Sec 2, Pac 10 1, Big 10 1.) And it is really 3 of the last 8. If you want to go back 15 then ACC has 5, Sec 4, then Big East 3. Is that supposed to be bad?

As far as Syracuse goes, down conference year or not 10 wins in any major conference is in.
    Since 1990(17 seasons) the BE has sent a total of 4 teams to the FF, no major conference has less in that time span. This decade the BE has 2 FF teams, no major conference has sent less teams than that. last year was supposedlt an all-time great year for the BE and, as usual, they didn't send a team to the FF.

As for SU, show me the big wins? they have beaten just 2 ranked teams all year and teams that are around #20 while they have some brutal losses to bad teams. 10 wins in conf w/ as many bad teams as the Be has is not a big deal, 20+ wins w/ the crempuff non-conf sched is not a big deal.

Since 1990(17 seasons) the BE has sent a total of 4 teams to the FF, no major conference has less in that time span. This decade the BE has 2 FF teams, no major conference has sent less teams than that. last year was supposedlt an all-time great year for the BE and, as usual, they didn't send a team to the FF.

As for SU, show me the big wins? they have beaten just 2 ranked teams all year and teams that are around #20 while they have some brutal losses to bad teams. 10 wins in conf w/ as many bad teams as the Be has is not a big deal, 20+ wins w/ the crempuff non-conf sched is not a big deal.
    I know the final four stats, but honestly that means nothing to me. You either win or you don't. As a Syracuse fan I don't brag about a 1996 team that went to the final four because they didn't win. The Big 12 has sent 4 diff schools to the final four in the past 10 years and not one of them has won. The Big 10 has sent 5 diff schools to the final four in the past 10 years and only one of them won. Should those conferences be proud of that? Would you rather have the apperances or the championships? I am not really sure where this argument is going. I feel like I am arguing the Big East is the best conference in America and I never said that lol.

Back to Syracuse do you think they are in? What brutal losses are you talking about? Is it a 4pt loss at St. John's, or the home loss to Drexel (who may be an at large team themselves), or a loss at Uconn? Whether they deserve it or not they are going. And there is a good chance 8 Big East teams go and I will agree with you they don't deserve 8. Prob more like 6, but IMO Cuse belongs before 'Nova because they have a conf record and beat them head to head and West Virginia. (Talk about no big wins their only top 25 win was UCLA w/o Collison) In your opinion do you think Florida State belongs before Syracuse?
    Last edited by sjjetfan; 03-02-2007 at 09:34 AM.

The Big 12 has sent 4 diff schools to the final four in the past 10 years and not one of them has won. The Big 10 has sent 5 diff schools to the final four in the past 10 years and only one of them won. Should those conferences be proud of that? Would you rather have the apperances or the championships? I am not really sure where this argument is going. I feel like I am arguing the Big East is the best conference in America and I never said that lol.
    it's obviously a combo of FFs and titles but yes a conference can feeel great about sending multiple teams to the FF. 4 FF teams in 17 years from a major conference is pathetic.

Back to Syracuse do you think they are in? What brutal losses are you talking about? Is it a 4pt loss at St. John's, or the home loss to Drexel (who may be an at large team themselves), or a loss at Uconn? Whether they deserve it or not they are going.
    i think they are going but I don't think they deserve it. Only 2 eye catching wins for the Tourney(GU and Marquette) while awful losses to bad teams in SJU and UConn plus losing at home to Drexel(they aren't making the tourney) and Wich State. They are in b/c of the perception that 10 wins in the BE makes them a lock when in reality they beat 2-3 decent teams and the rest they beat up on a very weak bottom half of the BE.

In your opinion do you think Florida State belongs before Syracuse?
    Absolutely, FSU has beaten UF, duke, Va tech- that is already 1 more ranked team than SU and beating UF is much better than any win SU has. FSU also doesn't have any awful losses, the only non tourney team they lost to was Clemson and Clem was playing well at one point.

Red face

[QUOTE=nyjunc]it's obviously a combo of FFs and titles but yes a conference can feeel great about sending multiple teams to the FF. 4 FF teams in 17 years from a major conference is pathetic.

Ok

i think they are going but I don't think they deserve it. Only 2 eye catching wins for the Tourney(GU and Marquette) while awful losses to bad teams in SJU and UConn plus losing at home to Drexel(they aren't making the tourney) and Wich State. They are in b/c of the perception that 10 wins in the BE makes them a lock when in reality they beat 2-3 decent teams and the rest they beat up on a very weak bottom half of the BE.

Ok if you were on the comittee how many teams from the BE would you put in? And I wouldn't be so sure about Drexel. Their RPI is 43 higher than FSU and 'Cuse.

Absolutely, FSU has beaten UF, duke, Va tech- that is already 1 more ranked team than SU and beating UF is much better than any win SU has. FSU also doesn't have any awful losses, the only non tourney team they lost to was Clemson and Clem was playing well at one point.
    I like FSU and I can't for the life of me figure out why they are so inconsistent, but I have a problem putting a team in that's lost 4 out of 5 and is 6-9 in the conference. Maybe it's not fair but with their inconsistencies I don't think FSU wins 10 in the BE. Whether they are more talented than 75% of the league or not. They don't seem to show up every night.
    PS Sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes in the same reply

Ok if you were on the comittee how many teams from the BE would you put in? And I wouldn't be so sure about Drexel. Their RPI is 43 higher than FSU and 'Cuse
    6 BE teams. I would probably have 'Nova as the 6th(unless SU beats them then I flip flop them) and SU and WVU out.

The Colonial is a good mid-major conf but 4 teams from that conf? I don't think so. drexel has lost to Rider and William & Mary and they don't have any eye catching wins. SU is a good win but they are still a mediocre team. 7 losses is too many for a mid major unless of course they win their vconf tourney and get the automatic bid.

I like FSU and I can't for the life of me figure out why they are so inconsistent, but I have a problem putting a team in that's lost 4 out of 5 and is 6-9 in the conference. Maybe it's not fair but with their inconsistencies I don't think FSU wins 10 in the BE. Whether they are more talented than 75% of the league or not. They don't seem to show up every night.
    I agree w/ that. I think FSU is rightfully out at the moment but I think their resume is mroe impressive than SU.

PS Sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes in the same reply
    Left click and drag it over the sentence you want to quote thn right click and click "cut" then press the quote icon(all the way to the right, it looks like a quiote from a cartoon) and right click and click "Paste". I hope this helps though i am not sure what i wrote is that clear.

6 BE teams. I would probably have 'Nova as the 6th(unless SU beats them then I flip flop them) and SU and WVU out.

The Colonial is a good mid-major conf but 4 teams from that conf? I don't think so. drexel has lost to Rider and William & Mary and they don't have any eye catching wins. SU is a good win but they are still a mediocre team. 7 losses is too many for a mid major unless of course they win their vconf tourney and get the automatic bid.

I agree w/ that. I think FSU is rightfully out at the moment but I think their resume is mroe impressive than SU.

Left click and drag it over the sentence you want to quote thn right click and click "cut" then press the quote icon(all the way to the right, it looks like a quiote from a cartoon) and right click and click "Paste". I hope this helps though i am not sure what i wrote is that clear.
    Fair enough on 'Cuse

Didn't Drexel also beat 'Nova? But you are right the Col won't get 4.

Yeah I couldn't figure it out, but its probably me lol

I missed that, Drexel did beat 'Nova but 'Nova is another mediocre big names team. They played 1 ranked team all year and that was SU and obviosuly they didn't deserve to be ranked so at the end of the year they haven't played any currently ranked teams. The sched isn't great, no really eye catching wins, 4th place in a mid major conf. I can't see them getting in.

last year the BE was the best conf in the Nation(and still, as usual, didn't send any teams to the FF) but this year the BE is awful so why should they get the same amount of teams in the Tourney?.
    The BE has 2 of the last 4 National Championships. Perhaps this isn't the decade to be saying "as usual"?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet
    The BE has 2 of the last 4 National Championships. Perhaps this isn't the decade to be saying "as usual"?
    and 3 of the last last 21. They also have 4 FF teams in the last 17 years(SU twice and UConn twice). Carolina alone has 2 more than the BE combined since 1990 and Carolina fell off for a couple of hears in the rough transition from Dean to Roy. last year we were told how great the BE was and not a single FF team again. They had a nice 2 year year run but they don't send teams consistently and for only 2 programs to make a FF in 17 years that's not good especially in the league that has more teams than any other league and thus more chances for FF teams.

and 3 of the last last 21. They also have 4 FF teams in the last 17 years(SU twice and UConn twice). Carolina alone has 2 more than the BE combined since 1990 and Carolina fell off for a couple of hears in the rough transition from Dean to Roy. last year we were told how great the BE was and not a single FF team again. They had a nice 2 year year run but they don't send teams consistently and for only 2 programs to make a FF in 17 years that's not good especially in the league that has more teams than any other league and thus more chances for FF teams.
    I'm not going to argue whether that the Big East is the toughest conference in BB, because it isn't. Sure, the BE has a sh!tload of teams right now, a few recently acquired, but up util last year, they had only had 1 or 2 teams more than the other conferences. Personally, Syracuse has their NC, and I'm happy with that. All the boasting about the ACC in the world won't make me forget that.