Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Big win for the Cuse:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet
    I'm not going to argue whether that the Big East is the toughest conference in BB, because it isn't. Sure, the BE has a sh!tload of teams right now, a few recently acquired, but up util last year, they had only had 1 or 2 teams more than the other conferences. Personally, Syracuse has their NC, and I'm happy with that. All the boasting about the ACC in the world won't make me forget that.
    The BE has 16 now and the ACC 12, prior to that it was 12-9 for many years. They have always had the most teams in the Country so they should get more FF teams.

I wouldn't expect any SU fan to forget '03, Championships are hard to come by and you should cherish every one. In my lifetime(31 years) the most titles any program has won in that span is 3 so that tells you it's hard to win it all but I think the mark of a great conference are teams advancing deep into the Tourney and getting teams into the FF. The BE was once dominant, from about '84-'89 they were amazing but since them they have mostly been mediocre. There have been a few big years but overall it's been bad and I can't figure out why? They have alot of really good to great basketball schools and to only have 4 FF teams in 17 years is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I missed that, Drexel did beat 'Nova but 'Nova is another mediocre big names team. They played 1 ranked team all year and that was SU and obviosuly they didn't deserve to be ranked so at the end of the year they haven't played any currently ranked teams. The sched isn't great, no really eye catching wins, 4th place in a mid major conf. I can't see them getting in.
    Nova played 1 ranked team all year? What are you talking about? We have played G-town twice, Pitt, Marquette and Texas. We had the toughest conference schedule as far as win percentage OF ANY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!. We also had a good non-conference schedule including blowing out Oklahoma and Iowa. Our rpi is 18. Mediocre? Hardly!

Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    Nova played 1 ranked team all year? What are you talking about? We have played G-town twice, Pitt, Marquette and Texas. We had the toughest conference schedule as far as win percentage OF ANY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!. We also had a good non-conference schedule including blowing out Oklahoma and Iowa. Our rpi is 18. Mediocre? Hardly!
    We were talking about drexel

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    We were talking about drexel
    lol oops