Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: Trade Jagr?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Trade Jagr?

I think it's high time to dump Jagr. He is never gonna
    be captain material, and we are basing the team's entire idenity with him -
    Nylander, Straka...nice players, but WE NEED MORE NORTH SOUTH PLAYERS!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wouldnt be a rent a player so a team would need the cap room. I don;t think he would get a bounty of players like a Crosby, Thorton, or Iginla would. If they could get a deal done for him though, it would be in the best interest of the club to trade him. I wish we would re build the right way and then spend on Ovechkin in two years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How was Jagr's "European" style last season ? I'm sure you were complaining about his "style" as he was dominating the sport. How has Matt Cullen's north-south style been this year for the Rangers ?

The Rangers need an influx of youth, sure. They need to play Dawes, Dubinsky, and Callahan. But the fact that they have mostly European forwards is not what will ultimately keep them out of the postseason this year. It's overall inconsistency, an AWFUL defense corps, and the fact that the GM/Coach were not prepared for a Jagr drop-off in production (he IS 35, after all).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think his cap hit is like 5 mil...which is not terrible for a player of his caliber. Hartford is starting to heat up..We aren't making the playoffs this year. Then we could dump Nylander maybe straka...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't dump him until the Rangers have officially fallen off the bubble. I'd cut him loose at the first opportunity, but Dolan can sell more shirts with him around.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    How was Jagr's "European" style last season ? I'm sure you were complaining about his "style" as he was dominating the sport. How has Matt Cullen's north-south style been this year for the Rangers ?

The Rangers need an influx of youth, sure. They need to play Dawes, Dubinsky, and Callahan. But the fact that they have mostly European forwards is not what will ultimately keep them out of the postseason this year. It's overall inconsistency, an AWFUL defense corps, and the fact that the GM/Coach were not prepared for a Jagr drop-off in production (he IS 35, after all).
    you shouldve written awful about 90 times for the D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the deal with Jags' contract, does Washington still pick up half the deal if he gets dealt, or does the new team have the entire contract on their books.

I mean if Tkatchuk and Forsberg can get a bounty of picks and players Jagr should be able to get more than that, IMO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    God No... not more of this Trade Jagr/shanny should be captain trash! What more would you like from him? I'm not making excuses for him but his shoulder still isn't 100% and may NEVER be; and hes still producing on a semi-talented team. who do you plan on replacing him with? if the RANGERS of all teams won't keep him who do you think would want him? At this point what's the return? It makes more sense to keep him. It's not Jagr's fault we have mediocre coaching and a moronic front office. Not to mention we lack a 2nd line center

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if we got a nice hard hitting strong presence with a decent scorer, I might do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the NHL start playing games again?

HOCKEY- Definition Canadian version of the word BORING.
    see also "who cares"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The offer has to be pretty sweet. I like Jagr on the team, we just need some more young guys to step up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they're just going to do the opposite - trade everyone who doesnt get along with Jagr.