Thread: Cam Janssen hit on Tomas Kaberle

Cam Janssen hit on Tomas Kaberle

Disgusting. Not only was it really late it was dirty. Janssen who plays 2 minutes a night and will be back in the AHL next week taking out one of the best defensemen in the league is disgusting. I hope Janssen is still in the league come March 30th. The Maple Leafs vs The Devils in Toronto. Cam Janssen better write his will once Belak, Ondrus, Tucker get a hold of him. It is amazing all 3 of them where scratches last night.

Also The Devils broadcast team should be ashamed of themselves for hinting the hit Kaberle received from Janssen wasn't late.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-03-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Payback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Disgusting. Not only was it really late it was dirty. Janssen who plays 2 minutes a night and will be back in the AHL next week taking out one of the best defensemen in the league is disgusting. I hope Janssen is still in the league come March 30th. The Maple Leafs vs The Devils in Toronto. Cam Janssen better write his will once Belak, Ondrus, Tucker get a hold of him. It is amazing all 3 of them where scratches last night.

Also The Devils broadcast team should be ashamed of themselves for hinting the hit Kaberle received from Janssen wasn't late.
    I didn't feel that the hit was really that dirty. I just think that it was unfortunate how he hit the boards. Also I don't think the Devs will have him suit up for the March 30 game. That game could get out of hand and the Devs probly won't want to get involved in a scrum like that with the playoffs so close. The game won't mean alot to them.

Even as a Leaf-hating Sabre fan, I realize that was a late and dirty hit.

This is yet another example of what weak leadership can do to a multi-million dollar pro sports organization...Colin Campbell is spineless...and has been since he took his role.

Bettman is so hell-bent on shoving NHL hockey down the throat of disinterested Southern markets by "cleaning up the fighting and goonery" , that they have destroyed the balance that existed between high-skilled stars and enforcers for decades, and now have the NHL on the precipice of falling into an even worse place than it was in before the lock-out.

"Old Time Hockey" is a cliche term, but it meant that players respected each others health and careers even if they hated them. Yes, fights happened, but they were often done to fire up listless and tired teams, and they usually happened between two tough guys on the roster for that purpose.

Now, highly-skilled star players are being taken out by borderline late, borderline high, and almost always unneccesary hits by 2-minute a game lugs who are more interested in the opportunity to remove a star from an opponent's line-up, then spark his own team.

NHL officials are either oblivious or just too wrapped up in keeping hockey a "hitter's game" to use a little logic and make a call on a dirty hit when it needs to be done. The NHL league office is even more cowardly since they can look at a play without the emotion-of-the-moment factor and still fail to act.

Someone is going to die from one of these hits...and the "he should have kept his head up" people are going to look as foolish and guilty as Campbell and Bettman.