Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: The Patriots have not really changed...

  1. #1

    The Patriots have not really changed...

    Colvin available - they sign him to a big money deal.

    Harrison available - they sign him to a big money deal.

    Brady re-signed - to a huge money deal.

    Seymour re-signed - to a huge money deal.

    Givens looking for a big pay-day - Pats don't give him the ridiculous #1 money, but their offer was not at all small-time. It was perfectly fair market-value. Tennessee overpaid wildly.

    Branch looking for a big pay-day - Pats offered him a 5+ mill per season contract. Just b/c Seattle paid him slightly more, making him BTW the 7th highest WR in the NFL, does not make the Patriots "cheap." Their offer was quite high.

    Derrick Mason available - Pats make highest offer. He chooses Baltimore over us, fine, but this is another example of the Patriots' willingness to spend big for players that they see value in.

    Ty Law available - Patriots offer big money, KC offered more.

    OL reaching FA - Pats quietly extend Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal.

    Vrabel a year away from FA - Pats exted him with a big-ish contract.

    AV - Pats made Adam Vinatieri THE highest-paid kicker or the 2nd-highest the last 3 years of his tenure in N.E. The offer they made to him when he left would've done the same, but he got a better deal from Indy.

    Corey Dillon re-upped (after 2004 Super Bowl) - Pats give him a big contract, which we of course now regret.


    You guys might want to be simpletons and go along with the superficial take of the conventional wisdom, but scratching even slightly below the surface - and basing an argument on FACTS - gives a different, and far more realistic and truthful picture. What is happening now isn't some huge CHANGE of philosophy. It just so happens that need, value and opportunity coincided better than it has since Colvin and Harrison came to Foxboro.

  2. #2
    If you want to start a thread about the Pats then go start it on a pats board.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,941
    The Pats just traded their 2nd and 7th round picks for a slot receiver with 2 career TD's. If you want to believe that they "have not really changed," then be my guest. Whatever helps you sleep better at night...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    If you want to start a thread about the Pats then go start it on a pats board.
    No.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,000
    Who Cares?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by patsox23
    Colvin available - they sign him to a big money deal.

    Harrison available - they sign him to a big money deal.

    Brady re-signed - to a huge money deal.

    Seymour re-signed - to a huge money deal.

    Givens looking for a big pay-day - Pats don't give him the ridiculous #1 money, but their offer was not at all small-time. It was perfectly fair market-value. Tennessee overpaid wildly.

    Branch looking for a big pay-day - Pats offered him a 5+ mill per season contract. Just b/c Seattle paid him slightly more, making him BTW the 7th highest WR in the NFL, does not make the Patriots "cheap." Their offer was quite high.

    Derrick Mason available - Pats make highest offer. He chooses Baltimore over us, fine, but this is another example of the Patriots' willingness to spend big for players that they see value in.

    Ty Law available - Patriots offer big money, KC offered more.

    OL reaching FA - Pats quietly extend Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal.

    Vrabel a year away from FA - Pats exted him with a big-ish contract.

    AV - Pats made Adam Vinatieri THE highest-paid kicker or the 2nd-highest the last 3 years of his tenure in N.E. The offer they made to him when he left would've done the same, but he got a better deal from Indy.

    Corey Dillon re-upped (after 2004 Super Bowl) - Pats give him a big contract, which we of course now regret.


    You guys might want to be simpletons and go along with the superficial take of the conventional wisdom, but scratching even slightly below the surface - and basing an argument on FACTS - gives a different, and far more realistic and truthful picture. What is happening now isn't some huge CHANGE of philosophy. It just so happens that need, value and opportunity coincided better than it has since Colvin and Harrison came to Foxboro.
    You're right they haven't changed...THEY STILL SUCK!!!!

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine51
    Who Cares?
    What he said , this is a Jets board...

  8. #8
    Phew, for a second there, I thought they HAD changed.

    Thanks for that update, I was actually wondering if the Patriots had changed all day. Now I don't have to think about it anymore.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by patsox23
    Colvin available - they sign him to a big money deal.

    Harrison available - they sign him to a big money deal.

    Brady re-signed - to a huge money deal.

    Seymour re-signed - to a huge money deal.

    Givens looking for a big pay-day - Pats don't give him the ridiculous #1 money, but their offer was not at all small-time. It was perfectly fair market-value. Tennessee overpaid wildly.

    Branch looking for a big pay-day - Pats offered him a 5+ mill per season contract. Just b/c Seattle paid him slightly more, making him BTW the 7th highest WR in the NFL, does not make the Patriots "cheap." Their offer was quite high.

    Derrick Mason available - Pats make highest offer. He chooses Baltimore over us, fine, but this is another example of the Patriots' willingness to spend big for players that they see value in.

    Ty Law available - Patriots offer big money, KC offered more.

    OL reaching FA - Pats quietly extend Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal.

    Vrabel a year away from FA - Pats exted him with a big-ish contract.

    AV - Pats made Adam Vinatieri THE highest-paid kicker or the 2nd-highest the last 3 years of his tenure in N.E. The offer they made to him when he left would've done the same, but he got a better deal from Indy.

    Corey Dillon re-upped (after 2004 Super Bowl) - Pats give him a big contract, which we of course now regret.


    You guys might want to be simpletons and go along with the superficial take of the conventional wisdom, but scratching even slightly below the surface - and basing an argument on FACTS - gives a different, and far more realistic and truthful picture. What is happening now isn't some huge CHANGE of philosophy. It just so happens that need, value and opportunity coincided better than it has since Colvin and Harrison came to Foxboro.
    Hint...maybe they should.

  10. #10
    this crap belong in the garbage dump...........

    i can deal with having to read patsy troll crap all day on our threads........but giving them permission to start pasty crap threads is just going a bit over the line...............

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    The Pats just traded their 2nd and 7th round picks for a slot receiver with 2 career TD's. If you want to believe that they "have not really changed," then be my guest. Whatever helps you sleep better at night...
    They traded a 2nd for Duane Starks. He didn't have any td's.

    Phew! I'll sleep better tonight.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    The Pats just traded their 2nd and 7th round picks for a slot receiver with 2 career TD's. If you want to believe that they "have not really changed," then be my guest. Whatever helps you sleep better at night...
    You just don't get it, do you?

    The Pats never pay on "past performance" (unlike the Jets, who BTW haven't played in a Super Bowl for 38 friggn' years), but pay on a "potential fit" into their scheme.

    What philosophy do you think works better?

    The Pats or Jets?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    The Pats just traded their 2nd and 7th round picks for a slot receiver with 2 career TD's. If you want to believe that they "have not really changed," then be my guest. Whatever helps you sleep better at night...
    The Patriots are one of the only teams to sign someone to an offer sheet - which is how this Welker stuff got started in the first place - for the last 4 or 5 years. Again, this is nothing new. And BTW, this thread wasn't intended to be troll-ish, and in fact wasn't. But for some reason you people get all uppity about it and get totally defensive.

    I was just looking to clear something up that seems to be pervading your site, and talk a little football. Not sure why everyone's gotten so pissed about that.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    You just don't get it, do you?

    The Pats never pay on "past performance" (unlike the Jets, who BTW haven't played in a Super Bowl for 38 friggn' years), but pay on a "potential fit" into their scheme.

    What philosophy do you think works better?

    The Pats or Jets?

    the pats have been pretty lucky on playersa' "potential fit" being realized............eventually luck runs out and you start getting some stinkers......

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    this crap belong in the garbage dump...........

    i can deal with having to read patsy troll crap all day on our threads........but giving them permission to start pasty crap threads is just going a bit over the line...............
    Come on necky,

    Go chill out a bit.

    Bang the wife/GF, throw back a few shots, drink a few beers and enjoy life again.

    Do you really give a flying f@ck what Pats fans have to say on this board.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Come on necky,

    Go chill out a bit.

    Bang the wife/GF, throw back a few shots, drink a few beers and enjoy life again.

    Do you really give a flying f@ck what Pats fans have to say on this board.

    no not really, i'm just in the mood to talk some **** i guess..........

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon

    the pats have been pretty lucky on playersa' "potential fit" being realized.

    Lucky?

    Yea, when it happens one or two times, I agree with you.

    But over a 6-year period it is more than luck.

    It is a great organization making the right decisions.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic
    You're right they haven't changed...THEY STILL SUCK!!!!


    As lame as that was...I laughed. Because it is true. ( I wish. )

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    You just don't get it, do you?

    The Pats never pay on "past performance" (unlike the Jets, who BTW haven't played in a Super Bowl for 38 friggn' years), but pay on a "potential fit" into their scheme.

    What philosophy do you think works better?

    The Pats or Jets?
    but we still have a better winning percentage than the Pats in the Superbowl!

  20. #20
    They have changed, they signed 6-7 guys in the first week of free agency, which is anti-Patriot thinking, wait for the market to clear and go after guys that fit their system, right now they are just spending money on the best available talent, money be damned.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us