Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Terry Bradway responsable for Curtis Martin's knee?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Terry Bradway responsable for Curtis Martin's knee?

I don't know if this was discussed before but Terry Bradway's inability to address our needs at the o-line from 2004 to his downgrading caused for a very terrible 2005 season. The O-line allowed way too much penetration and Martin was getting tackled before he even had a chance to cross the LOS causing him to work too hard and overdo things every down. Imagine if we had the "ageless" martin in '06 with leon complimenting?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsVille51
    I don't know if this was discussed before but Terry Bradway's inability to address our needs at the o-line from 2004 to his downgrading caused for a very terrible 2005 season. The O-line allowed way too much penetration and Martin was getting tackled before he even had a chance to cross the LOS causing him to work too hard and overdo things every down. Imagine if we had the "ageless" martin in '06 with leon complimenting?

We lost 3 starters on the oline that season. And prior to those injuries and many others we were favorites in the AFC.

If anyone was responsible for Curtis Martin's knee problems it would Herman Edwards for running him 30 times a game and having no faith in his back up QBs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Herm did decide to stick an untested Adrian Jones at RT to replace Adrian Jones like there wouldn't be a problem with that. Rub some dirt in it, you'll be fine. Yeah Herm was too conservative with the QB's

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had an aging O-line with no prospects coming in and no depth

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet in Florida

We lost 3 starters on the oline that season. And prior to those injuries and many others we were favorites in the AFC.

If anyone was responsible for Curtis Martin's knee problems it would Herman Edwards for running him 30 times a game and having no faith in his back up QBs.
    I agree completely.

I believe this thread is headed to the dump.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We had an aging O-line with no prospects coming in and no depth
    A aging O-line and a aging RB along with a idiot OC all in a quest for stats! Any back and OC that goes for the most carries of his career at 31 is pure Lunacy..Especially when you had a healthy back on the bench who could have shared more carries..In the 04 season Martin had all but 6 carries in the first 6 games..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Every year it seemed we lost a lineman in the Bradway/Edwards regime. Randy Thomas, Kareem McKenzie and so on. The O-line was the strength when they took over and it was the weakness that toppled their regime. The o-line is why Chad and Cmart got so beat up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

are you kidding me?

Bradway did not make teh decision to have Lamont standing on teh sideline and Curtis getting all those carries at age 30+, I belive that was Herm taht made that call

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Herman Edwards spring 2001 quote..''I plan on having the Jets lead the league in rushing attempts''

Where or how is Bradway at fault? besides hiring that idiot Herm.
    Last edited by bill parcells; 03-08-2007 at 08:11 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    are you kidding me?

Bradway did not make teh decision to have Lamont standing on teh sideline and Curtis getting all those carries at age 30+, I belive that was Herm taht made that call

I agree with you and I agree with the other post I think they both have blame. Hermie for the sideline decisions and Bradway for the lack of addressing of the o-line.