Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots interested in Ernie Harwell

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Patriots interested in Ernie Harwell

– According to a league source, the Patriots have showed strong interest in free-agent LB Edgerton Hartwell, cut by the Falcons last week. The source said the team is still looking for a “run-stuffer”, a need that Hartwell could satisfy.

Hartwell will be 29 when training camp commences, and has battled through injuries in two years with the Falcons playing eight and five games, respectively, in ‘05 and ‘06. But the three years prior to that, in Baltimore, he registered 141, 140, 191 tackles for the top-notch Ravens defense and earned a rep as one of the best against the run in the NFL. He also started some as a 3-4 inside linebacker there, brings good size (6-1, 250) and the Patriots now have his former teammate Adalius Thomas as a reference for him.

Things are in a holding pattern now, as the Patriots staff is spread out to cover college pro days, but are expected to move forward next week.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key is his health. He was excellent in Baltimore's 3-4.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep. A real boom or bust guy, with an emphasis on the boom (with his health problems the last few years, I can't see there being much of a bust factor, as odds are he will sign a heavily incentive laden contract that will cost whoever signs him very little if he fails)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you post this on a Pats forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted the Jets to be interested in him, he was pretty good in the 3-4 ILB when healthy. I hope the Pats don't get him.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NE_PATS_FAN_54

Who cares? I think this belongs on a Patsie board, you must be a little lost

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NE_PATS_FAN_54
    What is this ****? Pats fan, posting Pats news, on a ****ing Jets message board... get the **** outta here... its one thing to talk trash while your here, but this is just a random "I read this news about OUR team on another site" thread, being posted on the wrong damn team's website.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity28
    What is this ****? Pats fan, posting Pats news, on a ****ing Jets message board... get the **** outta here... its one thing to talk trash while your here, but this is just a random "I read this news about OUR team on another site" thread, being posted on the wrong damn team's website.

seriously what the f*cks up with this......can a mod please boot this jackass.

i could care less if they post in a thread about the jets but starting threads about butt-boy brady or any other pat news that would could give a **** about is bull$hit.....GET HIM OUTOFHERE!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, i don't get the hostility.........

is this guy sucha bad poster here?
    i'm not too familiar with his previous posts, but, obviously patriots news seems to be of interest to the posters on this site usually....and the guy is just posting

it doesn't bother me much, and i'm not sure why you guys are getting so mad, but whatever

i mean if you don't like the thread content, you don't have to open it up......it was clearly titled

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon

i'm not too familiar with his previous posts, but, obviously patriots news seems to be of interest to the posters on this site usually....and the guy is just posting

it doesn't bother me much, and i'm not sure why you guys are getting so mad, but whatever

i mean if you don't like the thread content, you don't have to open it up......it was clearly titled
    so lets just invite miami fans and fill the board with who they might pick in the 6th round and then we can have some 49er fans come in and discuss who they will get at left guard next year......THIS IS A JETS BOARD!!!!!! I DO NOT CARE THAT THE PATS ARE GOING AFTER ED OVERRATED HARTWELL!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Settle down, Beavis.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Settle down, Beavis.
    screw you ass-munch!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Because a dumb Patsie troll should be posting Patsie news on a dumb Patsie website not on a Jets website! If a Jets fan posts it that is a different story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard from a very reliable sorce that Tom Brady was intrested in Ed Hartwell to Play inside lie on his backside. Looks like he's gonna get a real stud pro baller.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods, can you please start dumping these Pats threads? NE_PATS_FAN_54 doesn't seem to realize that he's on a J-E-T-S forum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, have you friggn' mellowed out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weather you like it or not, what the Pats do directly impacts what happens with our Jets. I have no problem with threads like this because it's smart to keep tabs on your rivals too. We have the same threads when the Dolphins or Bills do something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE
    so lets just invite miami fans and fill the board with who they might pick in the 6th round and then we can have some 49er fans come in and discuss who they will get at left guard next year......THIS IS A JETS BOARD!!!!!! I DO NOT CARE THAT THE PATS ARE GOING AFTER ED OVERRATED HARTWELL!!!!!!!
    if you didnt care that the patriots are going after hartwell, then why did you open up the thread??

seems to me that you must have cared at least a little bit because if you really didnt care, you probably wouldnt have opened it and spent the time to tell me you didnt care when you really do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets
    Because a dumb Patsie troll should be posting Patsie news on a dumb Patsie website not on a Jets website! If a Jets fan posts it that is a different story.
    i'd say there is a solid percentage of stuff on this forum that is patriots related. not something crazy like half but i'd say there is a good amount of patriots stuff on this board before i even joined.

and why does it matter who posted the info?? its the same information no matter if a patriot fan or a jet fan posted it. im pretty sure any person can join this website, not just jets fans. i am well aware this is a jets forum and i like to hear different opinions from time to time. i posted this news because there has been a lot of patriots talk on this board(and dont try to say there is a lot of patriots stuff because of me, there was plenty of patriots related stuff on this board before i joined)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats signing a free agent is news thats relevant to the Jets. I don't get the name calling and venom. Besides, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Hartwell.